Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoe Slater

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryz
    Oohhh What If Her Family Finds Out The Truth About The Pregnancy!!!!
    that would be good

well i just figured if dennis did come back, people would probably still think he was the father of her child (which he wasn't) and that zoe had a 'miscarriage' so some people might think he has a right to know, and have a go at him for leaving her! maybe even blame him for what happened.

but he obviously knows the truth, sooo...

She might feel that she has let the Slater name down!

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom

Smile

I thought maybe with Dennis returning all her secrets could be about to come out cos everyone except Sam and Chrissie think she lost Dennis's baby and with Sam and Chrissie calling a truce in the next couple of weeks ZOe could find herself very alone
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

zoe slater fans!

hi, im not sure if many will join this new thread in saying that they are fans of zoe slater or zonnis! but i just want to say that i love zoe's character, she has been through so much at such a young age, and she alwasy bounces back, even after the death of den, i HATE chrissie now for telling her that she killed den! that was so wrong, zoe would of probably kept quiet for chrissie anyway if she had just told her the truth, I'll be really, really, really sad to see Zoe leave- thats on june 17th by the way, but before she leaves i hope she gets her revenge on sam, chrissie, dennis and sharon for all that they've done to her. She deserves some happiness in her life, im just glad that she was happy with dennis for a while, and my honest opinion is that when zoe told dennis she was pregnant whilst she was panicking and scared that he'd find out the truth he was actually getting over sharon and becoming happy, not just because of the "baby" but because of zoe too, remember many a time he got jealous when she was flirting with others like jake moon, and he looked truly devastated when he caught her and den in bed together, and after all that he was still going to take her back, untill he found out the truth of course! and zoe only lied to keep dennis, and remember den put her up to the lie, anyone agree with me?

I am not a zoe fan but i dont mind the actress she seem quite nice and i wish all luck in the future

Getting back to your post zoe has been through a lot i suppose at a young age but who hasnt been in the square some have been through far worse and she had a loving supporting family an around her who loved her

Zoe was probalry happy because she was blinded by love i dont think dennis was really happy otherwise he wouldnt of kept trying to get back with sharon we all knew were his heart lied it was just a matter of time. After sharon left we all saw how heart broken he was to the fact he lost the only woman he loved. I think he was getting used to being a dad i dont think it had anything to do with zoe as much and the fact he was getting jealous was because she was kissing another man when supposedly she was meant to be carry dennis baby you dont do that to the person you love

If he was getting used to zoe then why wasnt he sleeping with her?

When he caught zoe and den together i feel it was more to do with him letting the woman he loved leave only to be stabbed in the back in a cruel way afterall he did sacrifice happiness with the woman he loved for her and the baby and she thrown it back in his face for standing by her and supporting her and sleeping with your boyfriends dad is the ultimate betrayal and he was hurt by the fact he let the woman he truly love leave for nothing and was thinking about the baby he was getting so use to. This was a devasting a blow he had let the woman he loved go for nothing and the fact his dad betrayed him was even worse and when he found out about the baby lie he was crushed because he got use to the idea of being dad that was a evil thing for to do.

Chrissie is great she was hurt by zoe as well and she was a innocent partie in all this she didnt deserve what she got she loved den and wanted to have a baby with him and zoe knew this and still went an along with her plan which was a purely selfish and desperate act and not even thinking of the consquences that layed ahead she could of stopped it at any time but she chose not to she knew den was only trying to hurt dennis if she really loved dennis she wouldnt of gone along with it in the first place.

Okay fair play they shouldnt of gone behind her back but come on she had warning signs left right and centre but she choose not to see them because she knew deep down their was no love but she got clingy and desperate which was even worse. Okay it wasnt all zoe fault den had as much fault as anyone he was manipulating the situation but zoe had a mind of her own and had the right to say no but she didnt because by doing this she was gaining something from this a baby and ultimately trapping the guy she was desperate to keep One thing that made me not feel sorry for her was when she used sharon infertility against her their was no need for it that was a cruel thing to do in my book you dont take pleasure in the fact that you can bring a child in to the world and another person cant you dont rub it in their face it not right especially when you are lying and it is just plain cruel.

Sorry its a bit of a rant?
    Last edited by angelbule; 28-05-2005 at 20:05.

Quote Originally Posted by leanne27
    hi, im not sure if many will join this new thread in saying that they are fans of zoe slater or zonnis! but i just want to say that i love zoe's character, she has been through so much at such a young age, and she alwasy bounces back, even after the death of den, i HATE chrissie now for telling her that she killed den! that was so wrong, zoe would of probably kept quiet for chrissie anyway if she had just told her the truth, I'll be really, really, really sad to see Zoe leave- thats on june 17th by the way, but before she leaves i hope she gets her revenge on sam, chrissie, dennis and sharon for all that they've done to her. She deserves some happiness in her life, im just glad that she was happy with dennis for a while, and my honest opinion is that when zoe told dennis she was pregnant whilst she was panicking and scared that he'd find out the truth he was actually getting over sharon and becoming happy, not just because of the "baby" but because of zoe too, remember many a time he got jealous when she was flirting with others like jake moon, and he looked truly devastated when he caught her and den in bed together, and after all that he was still going to take her back, untill he found out the truth of course! and zoe only lied to keep dennis, and remember den put her up to the lie, anyone agree with me?
    There has been a lot of debate over this. However, I'm inclined to agree with anglebule here. The reality of it is that Zoe is not the poor little victim who got trampled over by the Watts family, far from it.

Zoe hasn't had a great life but I don't consider it hard. Characters like Dennis, Sharon, Stacey and Kat have had tough childhoods but Zoe has come from a large loving family who love and dote on her. Charlie worships the ground that she walks on and sees past the 'princess' label that viewers like ourselves can visibly see. It’s ironic how Stacey is the only one in the Slater clan to see past that. Chrissie was wrong for blaming it on Zoe and letting her think that she killed Den. I do think that was inexcusable but I do feel it was understandable because lets face it Zoe is hardly a sane character and would drop the three in it if she knew the truth. Nevertheless, Zoe did not deserve that. Chrissie will get her comeuppance once day but it won't be at the hands of Zoe. However let’s not forget that Zoe slept with her husband even though Chrissie confided in her about wanting a child. Despite Zoe’s desperation there was only one person who Zoe was thinking about it all this and that was herself. Very selfish that is.

Why would Zoe want to get revenge on Sharon and Dennis? Chrissie I understand but not the others. I know they cheated on her but she was so obvious to the truth the whole time. Sharon told her that Dennis still loved her but she didn't want to here it. Dennis also said to her before they dated that he wasn't a commitment man and he'd be seen with other women. She didn't have any complaints back then. Not only that, he also told her well into their relationship that he did not love her and thought of Sharon. However she took it upon herself to take that risk in the desperation scenario that he would one day love her and forget about Sharon. She knew deep down that he still harboured deep feelings for her but she didn't want to see it and was consumed by her blinded 'love' for him.

Also what about what Zoe has done to them? Sharon and Dennis have been no angles but I think what Zoe did and said was far worse than a two week affair that Sharon and Dennis had. It made my blood boil when she harped onto Sharon about 'splitting up a family' and 'are you gonna give him a baby?'. She destroyed their happiness just so she could have him. As for revenge on them I think she's had that but splitting them up and the impregnating herself with Den's baby. When it comes down to it Zoe was planning to lie about the childs parentage for the rest on his life and keep Dennis oblivious to the truth forever. Wouldn’t you say that was worse than a very short affair? Personally I would love to see Sharon give her a smack for what she’s done.

Dennis never got 'over' Sharon. This much is crystal clear. She was the love of his life. You just done forget about some like that in a matter of weeks, sometimes never. Also just before Dennis left in January after discovering the pregnancy lie he told Den 'I'll never forget Sharon.' Dennis tried to make a go of things with Zoe, not because he loved her but because she carrying his unborn child, which is the reason he stayed in the first place. As for her flirtations with Jake, I don't think he was jealous in anyway but disgusted with her attempts to get Dennis's attention. She was behaving pathetically in front of a pub load of people and it annoyed him and she was supposed to be carrying his child. Hardly a way to behave. Dennis was shocked, angry and hurt when he found them in bed together but I think this was more to do with Den’s postion in than Zoe’s. A father figure is something that Dennis has craved for since childhood and they seemed to be getting along (Den had other plans) and when he saw them together he was hurt by his betrayal and his attempts of punishing him for ever loving Sharon. However the sight of your girlfriend and dad in bed together is enough to drive anyone up the wall.

Zoe's reasons for keeping Dennis were selfish and desperate. You’re right Den did put her up to it but she made the decision. He wasn't forcing her to do it. He made it clear several times that she was here because she wanted to be. I agree that he was in the driving seat and pushed all the right buttons. Zoe however is no child. She was 21 and therefore in control over what she says and does. If a dirty old man propositions you for sex (and that being your fellas dad) you would say no. It was quite clear that she would have done anything to keep Dennis and had Dennis not found out, she would still be lying now.
    Last edited by Alisha; 29-05-2005 at 08:41.

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    Pretending she was pregnant was a desperate measure and although Den persuaded her to say it put it this way she didn't need much persuading. Zoe thought she could buy Dennis's love with a baby and this only served to cause more problems for herself however bedding her boyfriend's dad was tkaing her love for Dennis too far in fact she did not do it for Dennis but for herself as she couldn't bare the thought of everyone discovering the truth about her phantom pregnancy.

Zoe gave no thought for Dennis's feelings or Chrissie's when she slept with Den but did Dennis think of Zoe as he bedded Sharon I believe he felt guilty but he was just as bad as she was at that stage. They only difference being is that he loved Sharon she had no feelings for Den.
    Zoe also showed her desperation when she snogged Jake Moon (can't blame the girl really can you) I think all her behaviour the clinginess, the blindness to the truth etc stems from all the lies she was told when she was growing up and I pity her but I don't like her

Zoe is a good one for outting the blame onto someone else and that showed again after she had the termination and she desperately tried to blame Chrissie and yes Chrissie in a way rail roaded her but it was Zoe's final desicion Zoe always feels the need for shifting the blame onto others as it saves her having to face up to her own mistakes she's naive and shows great immaturity in that respect

If Zoe thought of other for a second instead of her all the time she would have let Dennis go a long time ago she obviously had no self respect for herself just as others will soon have respect for her whe they discover the truth her reasons for keeping Dennis were for herself she never gave him or Sharon a second thought

Another side to Zoe was shown when she caught Stacey in the flat with Dennis now it was obvious then Stacey had alot of problems but once again princess Zoe steam rolled in and I think that was the turning point for Dennis when he realised Zoe could only think of herlsef and not others and he headed over to be with Sharon

Overall I know I should feel sorry for Zoe and her tragic life but truth be told most of it she brought on herself and she only has herself to blame I for one can't wait for her to leave
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

wow, essays! lol
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Birks_2k4
    wow, essays! lol
    Just reading these posts has made my eyes hurt!
    Kurt Cobain, gone but not forgotten.

Thread Information