Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoe Slater

Quote Originally Posted by squarelady
    I've already posted by views further up the thread but I agree with Alisha.
    You don't do that to someone you love! You don't sleep with their dad! And Sharon's giving up everything for him...if that's not love I don't know what is.

but on the other hand you dont move in with someone whilst in love with someone else??

I don't like Zoe...and I've only skim read thread but Dennis is emotionally unbalanced, which is to be expected considering his past, Sharon was his first proper relationship, and he loves her. Maybe he shouldn't have been with Zoe, but she knew he loved Sharon and she still wanted to be with him. So Zoe was as much in the wrong as he was. If she didn't want to be with a bloke who was in love with another woman then she shouldn't have tried to get back with him after the fair...

Quote Originally Posted by judejude
    but on the other hand you dont move in with someone whilst in love with someone else??
    Dennis had convinced himself that he could never be with Sharon because it was wrong. For his and her own sake he tried to make a conscience effort to leave Sharon behind him because Den manipulated him into thinking that was the right thing to do. He tried things with Zoe but she was far to possesive. He practically drove her back to Sharon and she could see she was doing it. She couldn't control herself.

As for Dennis being emotionally unbalanced, yes. Due to the child abuse he's suffered and his past experiences he is. Sharon understand this. She knows everything about him and loves him for who he is. Zoe doesn't have the first idea who the real Dennis is!
    Last edited by squarelady; 05-06-2005 at 23:01.

Forever Loving TAO - Messageboard for all Tracy Ann or Chrissie fans!

Quote Originally Posted by judejude
    But Dennis was trying to bury his feelings for Sharon and move on with Zoe, he didn't set out to intentionally hurt Zoe!

He knew he loved Sharon though and it was true love, he can't escape from that no matter what he does. Zoe was always going to get hurt. They are both immature, that's a fair and reasonable comment to make.

I think they ruined Zoe's characher by dragging her into it all. They should have left Dennis and Sharon to get on with it (they had enough problems with Den). There was no need to get Zoe involved.

Zoe is immature [and in my opinion lacking in brain power]
    Dennis is immature, and emotionally unstable
    But Zoe knew Dennis didn't love her so it was obvious she was going to get hurt in the end, it was her decision to stay with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Walford Queen
    They are both immature, that's a fair and reasonable comment to make.
    Yes but they are both immature in very different ways.

Zoe's immature because she's been wrapped in cotton wool her whole life. They saw her as being a product of Kat's mistake and they spoiled her. They made her self obsessed by making her a centre of attention in the family to cover up for what had happened. Things just got worse when she found out Kat was her mum. It turned her whole world upside down and since then she's been paranoid about secrets. She was desperate for Dennis to love her no matter what. She was immature because she didn't understand what a real relationship was about and it was a shame that she didn't have enough respect to walk away rather than settle for second best.

Dennis was abused as a child. He's emotionally immature because he never had love. His mother disowned him because she hated his father and his father disappeared. When he came to the square Sharon and Vicki were the first people who accepted him as family. He didn't feel comfortable with it and although he thought he had loving feelings for Sharon when Den came back Den managed to manipulate him into thinking otherwise. He didn't know what love was meant to feel like and all he ever wanted was a father that loved him. Sharon and Dennis both fell into the trap of giving everything up for their father. Dennis did realise alot later that he loved Sharon as a girlfriend and not a sister.

I think out of anyone Sharon is the one who could help him work through the problems of his child abuse and really keep him on the right track and he'll look after her too. I think they are a perfect match and I think the longer he's with her the more he's becomming less emotionally immature and more aware of what real love is. I love Shannis because I love watching that develop. Simple as...

Forever Loving TAO - Messageboard for all Tracy Ann or Chrissie fans!

I totally agree. Sharon brings out a side to Dennis that no one else can do, he's developing emotionally, and that brings something new to EE as well, it's very rare you get a character as emotionally unstable as he is and so Shannis and the relationship of the makes excellent viewing not only because they are a great couple and have amazing chemistry but because it's bring something new and powerful to the show!

I'm not a fan but I dont hate them either. The trouble was the storyline started to grate once Zoe got dragged into it, there was enough issues going on as it was without a getting her involved (I think someone has already said that). Also I dont think it helped with scriptwriters having to write scripts to fit in with actors breaks etc

I do wonder if Sharon would still be with Tom if he was still alive and Dennis came along??

Thread Information