Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoe Slater

I don't think Dennis is immature at all! What's the justification for that comment
    Last edited by squarelady; 05-06-2005 at 21:03.

Forever Loving TAO - Messageboard for all Tracy Ann or Chrissie fans!

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    Emotionally Dennis is very immature he flies off the handle easily he USE to go from one girl to the next using them because he didn't know how to form realtionships

He uses sex and violence to mask the fact that he isn't as grown-up as he likes to think deep down he's a 12 year old boy craving love and affection you saw it in the early days when he tried to impress Den he was desperate for a fathers love

this is my opinion but I do think Dennis is emotionall immature
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

Quote Originally Posted by squarelady
    I don't think Dennis is immature at all! What's the justification for that comment
    He used Zoe just to get to Sharon at one point

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    Exactly where are we Walford or School playground or Dennis laa laa land
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

Quote Originally Posted by judejude
    So if you cheat on your partner its ok if you love the other person. I dont think so. He should have never have been with zoe in the first place. He should have done the honest think and ended it.

People go on about how immature Zoe is but I dont think Dennis is that much behind, he's emotionally immature.
    I totally agree with all your point there JudeJude. Dennis should have ended it ages ago and he is emotionally immature in the way he handles things. He goes of in a huff and takes the back door when things a get a little too heated for his liking. However, I do think life has made him what he is. Dennis never had a chance of a proper childhood so he is living it out through his adult years, if that makes sense. This is why he behaves the way that he does He has had it far worse than any characters in the square and Zoe's life looks like a bed of roses in comparison. Dennis’s character is an interesting one and a complex one at that. His past experiences have an obvious significance to his behaviour now.

Going back to what Leanne said. I disagree. When Zoe slept with Jamie- she was selfish. Regardless of age, she saw that he was already in a relationship with another girl but it didn’t stop her from getting what she wanted and then there was Ronny who she got with from the second he dumped her best mate Kelly. That shows very little in her loyalty as a mate.

As for Sharon, as your 14 years old I doubt you could remember much of the sharongate storyline. I only remember bits vaguely. Anyway, when she had an affair with Phil it wasn’t for selfish reasons. Back then she was in a volatile marriage where Grant would smash glasses around and get hysterical. Also he went out for nights on the town and leave her alone while he used to go out sloshed. Her marriage hit the rocks and Phil was the only bit of companionship she had. Her mum was drinking herself to death half way across the world and Den was 'dead'. She seeked comfort in that and that’s how the affair started. When Grant was in prison they both wanted to tell him when he got out but then it got really complicated when they split and he got with Kathy. What I'm trying to say, (after all this waffle) is that when she went with Phil it was more to do with her feelings and loneliness and not selfishness Also Grant was no model husband so I lack sympathy for him in that respect. Sharon is no angle by any means but I don’t paint her the same way as Zoe. out of 20 years Sharon has told 4 of her partners that she loved them and meant it so thats not all. Grant she loved but her love for Dennis out-wighs that. Sharon was the love of Grants live but he was never hers. When she talks about it, there are unhappy memeories and a part of her past. I do think that there will be tention but I doubt she would leave Dennis for him. She has shown more for him, than any of her previous partners.
    Last edited by Alisha; 05-06-2005 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Beckett_Lover
    Emotionally Dennis is very immature he flies off the handle easily he USE to go from one girl to the next using them because he didn't know how to form realtionships

He uses sex and violence to mask the fact that he isn't as grown-up as he likes to think deep down he's a 12 year old boy craving love and affection you saw it in the early days when he tried to impress Den he was desperate for a fathers love

this is my opinion but I do think Dennis is emotionall immature
    Right! Got it! Yes, because of the child abuse and his past I totally agree! *nods*

Quote Originally Posted by leanne27
    at least we know zoe actually loved dennis she did everything she could to keep him, whereas what did sharon do? not accept his apologies and keep him in suspense for months, their relasonship has always been on again off again on again off again, and you know what when they return together, the viewers of eastenders will just become bored with them, at least when zoe was with dennis the viewes actually cared about the storyline. Now with zoe leaving and shannis able to be together the producers and viewers especially me will realise that sharon and dennis are just like any other egular couple and will grow boring as there is no longer anyone tying to split them up.
    Funny I feel the exact opposite

Since the storyline turned into a dire love triangle, the whole thing lost it's momentum. It was so predicable and repetitive. Dennis was to-ing and fro-ing between Sharon and Zoe for months and it was the same thing all over again. When Zoe was with Dennis, from my experience talking other on various forums about this, people actually lost interest. Firstly, Dennis and Zoe had no chemistry and people got so annoyed with her bunny boiling ways. Not only that Dennis became a bit of a wet fish and I love Dennis but his interaction with her did him no favours in that character development department. It just seemed so contrived and very few people wanted them together while there was and still is a massive support network for shannis.

Sharon and Dennis are two very complex characters. They don’t need a third party to spice it up. Den doing that was great. Zoe-nope, boring. With Dennis sexual abuse, Sharon’s infertility, Den's death and both thier psychological problems there is more than enough to keep them going as a couple and they certainly don't run the stale factor as much as others given the individual depth to both.

Also why should have Sharon accepted his apologies after the way he treated her? He dumped her after promising her the world. Should she just jump back in the sac with him after a couple of request? He hurt her, which is why she stalled. Also the fact that she couldn’t give him a child also played a part in that. I don’t believe Zoe loved Dennis. As someone else has pointed out, it was more obsessive and that’s just not the same.

I've already posted by views further up the thread but I agree with Alisha.
    You don't do that to someone you love! You don't sleep with their dad! And Sharon's giving up everything for him...if that's not love I don't know what is.

i like zoe but she can be a bit boring sometimes , but when i think about it , i only dont ike zoe because i do like chrissie or do like dennis , but i actually really like zoe (ive just realised hehe) xxx

HMJ!

I liked Zoe. I am a huge Chrissie fan...well obsessed really but that's not the point. I will always side with Chrissie in the argument because of what Zoe did to her.

Thread Information