View Poll Results: Sonia Fowler - Would You Have Married Your Fiance's Killer?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 24.14%
  • Dont Know

6 20.69%
  • No

16 55.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You 4 - Sonia Fowler

Thumbs down nope - probably not (plus my thoughts on martin)

i wouldn't marry my fiance's killer. i don't, however, think of martin as a "killer" as such - he accidently hit jamie with a car. jamie didnt die instantly. and martin is so darn gorgeous that i think i'll let him be forgiven
    Well i think he is anyway lol i know a lot of people think he looks like someone from the beatles but I'M GOING OFF TOPIC HERE so no i probably wouldn't marry my fiance's killer. i guess i'd feel kinda like a traitor

No I wouldn't have married someone who was responsable for the death of someone I loved so dearly, even though it was kind of an accident. Martin should have been looking where he was going though, instead of reading texts from his girlfriend while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxJessxXx
    I said i dont know on this one. i think as others have said it depends on the circumstances.

In Sonia and Martin's case i think if i was Sonia i would have married Martin, because in this situation if anything Martin was a lover of sonia way before he was a murder of Jamies death(or what ever you want to call it beacuse it wasnt really murder) Sonia and Martin had a past way before Jamie came onto the scene. They had a night of passion when they were just 15 (i think) so even if they didnt feel love for each other they must have felt something at the time for each other. even when sonia and jamie got together martin was really always her first proper love, crush (or fondle what ever!lol) So if jamie had survied or if he died i think feelings would still be there deep, deep deep under the surface. its just when jamie did die i think it brough it all out. if it was someone else driving the car i think eventually martin and sonia could have still felt love between them that developed into a relationship. i think the fact that is was Martin who was responsible for jamies death sort of brought them together, it brought them closer(may sound wrong) but what i mean is they confinded in each other over it ect.

Say if Martin was a stranger to sonia having not been a previous lover or sort of friend or neighbour and he had just happend to kill her fiance if i was sonia i wouldnt be able to marry him. simply beacuse he was a stranger before and you wouldnt see him as anything other than a murderer who killed your fiance. they wouldnt have chemistry or connections. so in that situation i wouldnt have married martin.

or in the situation of a more brutal deliberate murder. if i was sonia and this would have happend i dont think i could have ever forgiven martin. if he was a stranger or if they had a past then i dont think if i were sonia id be able to marry or forgive him.

so if it was the situation that is actually in ee then i think i would marry him. but i cant really say because im not in that position. so i said i dont know.
    I do agree with what you mostly say but if Martain was a stranger than of course Sonia would not have married a stranger she would make sure he got told off good and right.. but as she had history it was kind of hard for her as she did have feelings for him

In her case then yes I think I would. sonia and Martin grew up together, he didnt deliberatly kill Jamie (thank god he did!) and they had a child together. They had been through a lot and it made them realise what they wanted in life.

Maybe the real question is would you marry the person who killed your fiancie, but also happend to be the farther of your adopted child?

Yeah, but It was just a drunken one night stand wasnt it? even though Sonia did fall pregnant.

I said I don't know, because clearly the question isn't what it says. If somebody cold bloodily murdered somebody that I loved, obviously I wouldn't marry him. He would go to prison (supposedly) and I would never see the guy again. It's not the same situation as what Martin and Sonia have.

I don't think Sonia should feel the slightest bit guilty for marrying Martin. What he did was an accident, even Jamie knew it. They have a child together, there's a lot of history there, and they really love each other. Jamie and Sonia's relationship seemed like Romeo and Juliet at the time, but in my opinion her and Martin are a lot more mature as a couple. For one thing Sonia and Martin are a lot older now from when Sonia was dating Jamie. Jamie didn't really grow up, he had 2 affairs just because he was young and wanted to experiment (well with Zoe anyway). Martin wouldn't dream of doing that now, but back then he would have done.

It's a shame that Jamie didn't have a chance to grow up into the lovely man he could have been but things move on. And I really want Martin and Sonia to have a happy marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemo
    Jamie didn't really grow up, he had 2 affairs just because he was young and wanted to experiment (well with Zoe anyway). Martin wouldn't dream of doing that now, but back then he would have done.
    Martin did have an affair if you remeber. and while they were married. i dont think jamie would have ever done a thing like that after they had got married. martins always been more immature than jamie. he was always bunkcing off, playing pranks on people, getting into trouble, stealing from the minute mart, excessive underage drinking and drug taking. Its only been since the accident that i think he has grown up. but then again he's had too.
    ~*~ Thanks to Collé For Banner ~*~

Yeah Martain had to grow up as he was getting married and he did not want to lose Sonia

Quote Originally Posted by xXxJessxXx
    Martin did have an affair if you remeber. and while they were married. i dont think jamie would have ever done a thing like that after they had got married. martins always been more immature than jamie. he was always bunkcing off, playing pranks on people, getting into trouble, stealing from the minute mart, excessive underage drinking and drug taking. Its only been since the accident that i think he has grown up. but then again he's had too.
    No Martin didn't have an affair, he just thought he had. All he did was walk a psycho home and let her get the wrong end of the stick. He was drunk, and I don't know if this was fully explained but I think he passed out and Sarah put him to bed. He was a bit stupid getting himself into that situation, but he was just trying to be a gentleman not letting her walk home on her own. He didn't have sex with her, and had no intention of doing so. He hasn't looked at another woman since he's been with Sonia (the second time round).

I think it's true that when Sonia and Jamie were going out together, Martin was more immature. He did everything that you said. But when Jamie and Mark died, he grew up a lot. He has been rock for Sonia, he got her through all that stuff with Rebecca, he's really been there for her, when she's needed him. I think Jamie didn't realise what he had until it was gone (talking about Sonia breaking up with him after the affairs), and I don't think Martin is going to make the mistake of losing her.
    Last edited by littlemo; 29-10-2005 at 21:59.

Thread Information