Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taste Of Christmas

Taste Of Christmas

I know we have the tradditional stuff that reminds you of christmas and that is the 'taste of christmas'
    But are there other things that remind you of it, food wise?

For me lots of chocolate and chocolately sweets, cos I eat so much at xmas, more than easter!
    And a tin of Quality street, we have one every year under the tree and open it a dew days for christmas, its been a tradition for as long as I can remember

Mince pies and mulled wine in the days before hand =)

Satsumas, walnuts and dates.

Warm mince pies and G & Ts - for some reason I only ever drin G & Ts at Chritmas tome!

bottles of port - lovely at this time of year, but never seem to like it any other time of year

and that part-bake crispy bread rolls, we only ever seem to cook them this time of the year.

Bread sauce on Christmas day and chestnut stuffing from M&S

Quality Street! Always have a box around christmas!

I'm more of a celebrations and segsations kind of guy myself!!!

hubby maes a gorge chestnut stuffing we only have that at xmas, i cannot wait for that!!!

orange and lemon jelly sweets, another only at xmas thing, peanuts, quality street and satsumas!

Just been down to the kitchen for my usual late night snack. I'm going to be in so much trouble tomorrow, I've taken a chunk out of the joint of ham that my mum has honey roasted. It's really obvious, no idea how I'm going to explain it

I'm getting excited now. Pigs in blankets, stuffings, honey roast ham, turkey, home made cranberry sauce and lots of other things in the fridge. Bread drying out on the table for home made bread sauce

One of the things I love about christmas is that almost everything we have is home made, even down to the rum sauce (my mum makes the best rum sauce). The only things we buy are the stuffings (we have a LOT of stuffing, at least five different types) and meat. This year the duck is coming from the sky, shot, plucked and gutted completely by my brother in law. One of the reasons I love living in yorkshire, you don't have to go far to find somebody who isn't afraid of killing and preparing meat

My mum also makes frumerty. No idea what it is, I refuse to try it, made with milk, wheat, barley and other random crops. My mum grew up on a farm so nothing was wasted, not even cows' brain or tongue Brawn and tongue are specially made and matured for christmas by my nanna

What a load of waffle... christmas food makes me excited

Mum has made the rum sauce so I've had to test it She was a bit lenient on the rum considering the size of the pot (must be at least 10 pints of the stuff). I've slugged in half a bottle of rum, as well as what she put in this morning Tastes delish.

Thread Information