Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Homework Help

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie-x View Post

'If a murderer wants euthanasia rather than life imprisonment, he should be helped to die.'
    Do you agree?
    Show more than one point of view and include chrisitan views.
    No. Two reasons: the person has taken somebody's life. Murder doesn't just affect the victim, it affects the victim's family, friends and to some extent, the offender's family. To help him die would be to absolve him of his crime, and possibly cause more heartache to those who are left behind. Euthanasia for offenders' is just an out so they don't have to spend years inside. They did the crime, they should pay for it (not with their life, that achieves nothing).

Secondly, one of my favourite quotes: the problem with an eye for an eye is that the world ends up blind. In this case, euthanasia is murder (I do agree with it for terminal illness though). Considering that quote, if everybody who ever killed someone had to die then there wouldn't be many people left.

If you help a murderer die, where do you stop? Do we help convicted paedophiles or terrorists die? (Rhetorical)

I know euthanasia is a controversial subject; this is my opinion and I don't want to get into a debate about the ethics, morals and whatever else you can think of on my opinion
    Thanks CrazyLea

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Hollie-x (17-06-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    Just so we can help you more.. what sort of things did you put for the for and against arguement (so that we don't repeat what you've written).

Or maybe... how many points have you written for each? Maybe you could take one out and use it as your own opinion..
    i was gonna ask that

erm well obviously youve got the whole points of no one has the right to decide when someone can die so you shouldnt help them (think thats a christian view as they believe god should only have the power to decide when someone dies), they will suffer more if theyre kept in prison cos dying is the easy way out and they should be punished for what theyve done, both of those were for against. for for you could say that he deserves to die cos he killed someone else, and maybe it sets an example to show other people not to murder? cant really think of anything else

i think for your own point you just need to write what you think and as lea said, if youve written more than one opinion for for and against then take out your opinion from there and write it after. hope that helps
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

Hollie-x (17-06-2008)

Thanks for the advice guys
    Asked my teacher (Although she's crap. No offense to her but she's on cover for our teacher as she's on maternity leave until October. Gutted as she's my fave teacher in the whole wide world! hehe) And she gave me a few points but to be honest I think I'll stick with the one's you've given
    x
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

I have to think of an idea for my 50 mark coursework...(Physics - this year all we have to do is this and an exam) So it matters a lot that I come up with a good idea I can do different experiments on and that I can do a lot of research and planning on.

E.g. Finding out the amount of caffeine in different drinks (too complicated experiment I already checked ) or...what is the best material for use in e.g. rackets. But something interesting. Because I'm going to be spending until Christmas doing this...it's meant to be like a proper science paper.

It can be to do with Biology, Chemistry or Physics (Although we will be carrying out investigations in physics lab). Which is kind of why I'm stumped because it's so wide..

So yeah...any ideas would be great. She gave us a sheet to help us but it's just physics..and they're not great examples.

I do have until Tuesday though.

Thanks in advance
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I did AS physics coursework on the resistivity of constantan wire and A2 on the inverse square law for light. They're not fiddly but they are time consuming. I got good marks in them though.

For biology AS I did the effects of ethanol on the heart rate of daphnia; A2 was on the relationship between the number of fronds and the length of the longest frond of seaweed. I would not advise you do the daphnia one, I copied somebody else's results from a previous year because I couldn't get the daphnia to stay alive long enough to count their heart rate.

You would need to go to a beach where there is seaweed to do the ecology one. It was a relatively easy piece of coursework and didn't involve too much work (probably because I made me results up). I enjoyed doing that.

If you're going to go for biology, ecology is probably the best area to look at unless you're comfortable with enzymes and biochemistry.
    Thanks CrazyLea

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (11-09-2008)

Hiya, ive got some questions about world war one for english lit, and I have tried gogling them, and have managed to find some, but am struggling on these ones, so was wonering if anyone knows them, (maybe people who did/do history)
    1. Give one reason why britain declared war on germany in october 1914
    2. what was the name of the german king
    3. why was there a rush to volounteer to fight in 1914
    4. how were germans depicted in the british press
    5. name one other country fighting for the allies and the central powers
    7. what famous, never repeated event took place on the western front on december 1914
    8. name of the battle on the western front in 1916 in which 60000 british soldiers died on the first day
    9. what googey substance led to many accidental deaths
    13. name the famous british field marshall who many later accused of needlessly squandering human life
    14. wat shocking event first takes place in london in 1916
    15. name 3 new forms of weaponary that made ww1 different from previous wars
    16. give 2 examples of how life for women alters as a result of the war
    17. front wall of a trench that has now become synonymous with risk-talking
    18. name given to style of ww1 warfare- where men in trnches try to wear down the enemy: war of a ..........

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

8 is Battle of the Somme I think, I remember doing something about it under WW1 medicine for GCSE History.

7 I think was the Christmas where they all decided to stop fighting for the day, I can't remember the name though.

13. Field Marshall Douglas Haig

1. They thought Germany were getting too powerful and wanted to stop them

17 could be going over the top

2. Kaiser Wailheim II

9. Mustard Gas. Made their lungs fill with fluid so they effectively drowned. :S It killed loads of people accidentally because of wind direction. If it was going the wrong way it blew back on them.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    7 I think was the Christmas where they all decided to stop fighting for the day, I can't remember the name though.
    yeh its the only time during a war that both sides have stopped fighting cos of it being xmas day, i think they even joined together and were friendly to each other

5) id guess at france
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Haven't done history in a while but some of it i kind of remember ;

1. Give one reason why britain declared war on germany in october 1914 - To do with alliances, and strong economic competition between Britain and Germany and i think something to do witha Rhineland *GCSE History flashback*
    3. why was there a rush to volounteer to fight in 1914 Seen as the right thing to do, made a big deal out of cowards - enlisting?
    4. how were germans depicted in the british press BAD!
    5. name one other country fighting for the allies and the central powers France
    7. what famous, never repeated event took place on the western front on december 1914 - Christmas truce in which a game of football was played
    8. name of the battle on the western front in 1916 in which 60000 british soldiers died on the first day - The battle of The Somme
    9. what googey substance led to many accidental deaths - Mustard gas?
    15. name 3 new forms of weaponary that made ww1 different from previous wars - Tanks, Machine guns
    16. give 2 examples of how life for women alters as a result of the war Took over men's job and the vote?!
    Last edited by Layne; 16-09-2008 at 17:53.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Layne For This Useful Post:

samantha nixon (16-09-2008)

Thread Information