Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What new characters would you like to see in EE?

Smile What new characters would you like to see in EE?

What new characters would you like to see in EastEnders?

Firstly, I would have a lesbian couple move to Albert Square. They would not be stereotypes, and possible storylines could be them trying to adopt a child. They would both be in their 30's and have good jobs (stock horror , they will work outside the square as most residents never do)

Secondly, I would love an ethnic family to move to the Square. I would like that family to be British Pakistani. There should be a mother, father, a teenage son, and a young daughter. They would also not be stereotypical or token characters just to keep the PC brigade happy either.

Thirdly, I would add three characters from the same family - two brothers and a sister. The older brother (in his 20's) would look after his younger siblings. Both parents would be dead.

Fourthy, I would add a new doctor and his wife. They would be in their 30's and have no children as yet.

Lastly, I would add dig up some relatives (aunt, uncle, cousin, niece etc) for the Mitchells and the Fowlers. Both these families are quite stale (especially the Mitchells) and they could do with refreshing.

I would make sure that all these characters were well researched (especially the ethnic family) and all the characters would be different, interesting and strong. They would not be involved in endless love triangles, but would have hard hitting, gritty but realistic storylines.

What new characters would you want?
    Last edited by Florijo; 24-10-2005 at 14:11.

I agree with the first three!!.. You sort of said the main ones lol

the mitchells are not stale! but i agree bring in some new family members for me to obsess about!!!!

Isn't there enough already?!

i wud bring in a 38 year old squater junkie punk who terroises the residents and smashes up arthurs bench! then we find out somehow he had amnesia and cant remember anything from when he was born till the age of 24 or who he use to be or where he lived.

before the square he had escaped from the hosptial and squatted around for 4 years while squatting and doing drugs he was looking for hes parents and who he use and a source leads him to the square where hes parents grew up.

he gets up everyones noses but makes one friend! not sure who yet but maybe a new caracter wud need to come in. or maybe pat! pat being understanding knows what it is like going through a hard time! and trys help him find out who hes parents were and if anyone knew them like pauline ect! then we find out hes dad left hes mum long ago and hes mum went through depresstion and thought about suicide many times but she lived for her son and waited till he was old enougth to fend for hes self then she killed herself! she married 2 years before killing her but she still wasnt happy! so then he looks up this other husband to find out answers! what hes mum was like ect ok dont know what else to say now lol
    On my own I faced a gang of jeering in strange streets
    When my nerves were pumping and I
    Fought my fear in, I did not run
    I was not done

Here is my 10 penth

I would like to see Den's Sister turn up (Angela Douglas) along with her son, who would be a cousin to Sharon, Dennis and Vicky. I would like her to have had a fling with Eric Mitchell back in the old days when she lived in London, she has been in Spain for the last 10 years, and that is where Den went when he was on the run for the first time. In that time he would have taught her son alot and treated him like the son he never had if only he had know.

The son would be a tough guy but Gay and would try it on with the likes of Martin and Mickey Miller, and get nasty when they turned him down. When Den's sister heard of his 2nd death, she would then return to the square and try and get hold of the Queen Vic from the Mitchells and the only way would be to get Chrissie to confess from Prison that she forged the pub documents and there for the pub could return to the watts family.

Her fued with Peggy could continue by her taughting Peggy about her affair with Eric, it could also turn out that she had an affair with Johnny Allen too, and that the gay son was Johnny or to really spice it up could be Eric Mitchell's son, that would be could to think that the two families that hate each other could be connected!!! Although I like the idea of the gay son to be Johnny's coz he could then look after Ruby.

I think that would work quite well and I dont think that it is far fetched either. We need a few more watts in to even it up if Johnny Allen goes, which I really hope he does not now

Quote Originally Posted by Abi

Isn't there enough already?!
    6 isnt enough! (7 if you include aunt sal but she isnt a proper mitchell!)

Why not get away from the gangster/thug obsessed storylines. Lets have some normal families in the square. People we can all relate to and empathise with. The era of bully boy thugs like the Mitchells running things has long since past. Where are the ordinary happily married couples who have ordinary jobs and have lives with the normal pressures. We really do need some ethnic families in the square. Why no Chinese takeaway. Make EE more realistic and believable instead of the shoutfest that it has become. Im sure if the luvvie producers went to the real east-end they would find thousands of normal people live normal but intersting lives. Many of the fly on the wall documentaries over the last couple of years have portrayed East end people for what they really are unlike the perception of the PC luvvies down Elstree way. IMHO they are doing a great disservice to these people by portraying them all as stereotypical chavs and bully boy thugs. However this comes as no surprise considering the way thr OIRISH were portrayed during the time Paukine and crew went to Ireland. I was just waiting for the leprechauns to come out waving their shelleliaghs doing a riverdance. Come on EE get real and employ people who know about real life and let them write your scripts. TBH there are people on here and DS who could do a better job
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I would agree with that alan. I have no first hand experience of the East End of London, as I have never been there, but I think that the concept of a family (the Mitchells) 'owning' and running the Square is ridiculous. It creates too much of a hierarchy within the cast and characters, where the Mitchells are perceived as royalty, and the likes of Pat, Dot, Jim etc are seen as lesser characters.

Ethnic characters are badly needed to reflect reality but I'd rather they did not bother if they are just going to inflict another Ferraria family on us. I can't believe that they supposidly researched this family for two years. If this is what they came up with after two years research, I would hate to see what they come up with with no research at all. I really wish that they would do what they did back in the 80's. That is go back to the East End, do some research and talk to real East Enders.
    Last edited by Florijo; 25-10-2005 at 12:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Florijo
    I would agree with that alan. I have no first hand experience of the East End of London, as I have never been there, but I think that the concept of a family (the Mitchells) 'owning' and running the Square is ridiculous. It creates too much of a hierarchy within the cast and characters, where the Mitchells are perceived as royalty, and the likes of Pat, Dot, Jim etc are seen as lesser characters.

Ethnic characters are badly needed to reflect reality but I'd rather they did not bother if they are just going to inflict another Ferraria family on us. I can't believe that they supposidly researched this family for two years. If this is what they came up with after two years research, I would hate to see what they come up with with no research at all. I really wish that they would do what they did back in the 80's. That is go back to the East End, do some research and talk to real East Enders.
    to be fair to the boreiras, writers had to quickly rewrite months of episodes when the actor who played Dan Fererira was suddenly deported from the country, they were meant to have some good stuff planned

Thread Information