Thread: Steve Frost Good or Bad for Corrie

Steve Frost Good or Bad for Corrie

As most of you are aware Steve Frost has taken over as producer of Coronation Street. Personally I think he has done great things with the show. He even suceeded in making Cilla into a character people started to care about only for her to ruin it with her usual moneygrabbing ways. He is starting to use some of the older characters in the show and letting them interact with the newer characters. The storylines are beliveable and in some cases thought provoking much better than the pantomime summer of a couple of years ago. Well done Steve keep up the good work
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

At around what time did he take over?
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k7 View Post
    I think it was September/October 2005 so his storylines and ideas will be the ones that are now showing. He made a great job on Emmerdale (well except for Patsy Kensit)
    Last edited by alan45; 11-01-2007 at 22:31. Reason: wrong year typo
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k7 View Post
    I think it was September/October last year so his storylines and ideas will be the ones that are now showing. He made a great job on Emmerdale (well except for Patsy Kensit)
    To be honest I haven't really noticed much of a change yet. If you hadn't of said someone new had took over I would have been totally oblivious to it. I suppose we'll start to see soon though..

I have noticed we're starting to see more of Michelle and the Connors though.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

His first episode was last February, when Ed confessed he killed Emily's husband.

He's done an OK job, but the show is far from perfect. I am worried he is subsituting the character led side of the show for the plot side - a mistake EastEnders has made in recent years. Back to basics I say.

I really enjoy what Steve Frost has done with Corrie too...i loved the episode where Ed confessed to Emily he was her husband's killer (Steve Frost's first episode) and i've liked most of the decisions he's made like axing pointless characters such as Diggory, Ronnie Nathan etc. And there is less panto comedy, and the oldies have had a lot more screentime.

I enjoyed the way he changed Cilla's character into someone we cared about (Well only for a few weeks when she realised she had skin cancer) and i thought the Charlie/Maria affair was really enjoyable, as was David's nasty personality being unleashed and more recently last night, Tracy killing Charlie was superb!

Keep up the great work Steve!

Thread Information