Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sally lindsey leaving

shelly leaving

Coronation Street favourite Sally Lindsay - Rovers barmaid Shelley Unwin - is quitting the soap.

Lindsay, 31, who last month scooped a Best Actress gong, first joined the ITV soap five years ago.

Recently she has been at the centre of one of the Street's biggest storylines with Shelley's abusive relationship with Charlie Stubbs (Bill Ward).

Last month millions of viewers saw Shelley dramatically dump Charlie at the alter after suffering months of mental abuse at the hands of the bullying builder.

Lindsay will bow out in nine months, when her current contract comes to an end.

Scriptwriters are unlikely to kill off her character as soap bosses want to leave the door open for a possible return.

Lindsay, whose character Shelley was also been involved in a bigamous marriage to Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne), said: "I have decided to leave at the end of my current contract after nearly five years on the Street.

"I think that Shelley has been through so much as a character during my time here, and I am really looking forward to working on different projects.

"I have and always will have a massive affection for Coronation Street, and I want to thank all the cast, production team and writers for everything that has happened for me and my character.

Street Producer Tony Wood said: "Sally has been fantastic during her time on Coronation Street, she has done everything that has been asked of her and more.

source msn today

but she said the other day she wanted to be there for years???

seems strange for het to say she didnt wanna go then leave?

Yeah that's what I was thinking too debs
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

hmmm obviously rubbish then!

oh and there is already a thread on this in rumour mill

Merged two threads together!

Cheers

I heard this on the tv today and they said she's leaving when her contract finishes in 9 months time.

Sally Lindsay is quitting Coronation Street after five years.

The actress, who plays Rovers landlady Shelley Unwin, will leave when her current contract expires next July.

“I have decided to leave at the end of my current contract," she confirmed. “I think that Shelley has been through so much as a character during my time here, and I am really looking forward to working on different projects.

“I have and always will have a massive affection for Coronation Street, and I want to thank all the cast, production team and writers for everything that has happened for me and my character.”

Tony Wood, the show's outgoing producer, said: "Sally has been fantastic during her time on Coronation Street; she has done everything that has been asked of her and more. She is a talented actress and her portrayal of Shelley’s mental abuse at the hands of Charlie was excellent. I can understand Sally’s desire to move on and try other things and wish her every success for the future.”

The door is expected to be left open for Shelley to return in the future

sally lindsay to quit

Corrie favourite Sally Lindssay is to quit as landlady of the Rovers Return.
    Sally who plays Shelley Unwin.
    told the sun she will leave in six months.
    She dropped the bombshell six days before the National TV Awards, at which she is tipped to win the best actress gong.Sally 32 said last night "ive had the most amazing time but will go at the end of my contract." i think its my time . its been great but, as my grandad says, 'what the hell are then going to do with her next?' "She had her heart torn apart so many times she's like a broken biscuit. There are only so many times she can pull herself up again." Sally departue comes after nearly five years in the ITV1 soap. She has been involved in a hard-hitting storyline where Shelly was mentally abused by boyfriend Charlie Stubbs. She later dumped him at the altar. She was also at the centre of one of Corrie biggest plots when she wed bigamist Peter Barlow only to be confronted by real wife, who turned up with thier baby.

Thread Information