Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: What is everyone reading?

finished reading "honeymoon" ages ago, it got better nearer the end. havent read any books in ages, need to start reading the plays for my course soon though
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Im reading the book i got for christmas. Peter Kay the sound of laughter. Its his autobiaography and very funny. If you like him as a comedian its a good read. Especially about growing up in Boltonand going to school with the nuns, working at Frnny Lees toilet roll factory.

I also have a Waterstones voucher if my uncles girlfriend so im going to buy Feed the Goat, which is Shaun goaters autobiography. It looks really good, about his childhood in Bermuda, his failure at united than finally finding luck as a footballer at Man City.

Notes On A Scandal by Zoe Heller.

Brought it becuase I've just seen the film, but it is meant to be a brilliant book regardless. From what I've read it's a very refreshing read, simple storyline but brilliantly written. Great for those who have seen the film, or for those who appreciate an intelligantly written book with some deep emotional/physcocial complexity.

Hmm sounds very interesting, Im going shopping soon I want a book to read so I might give it a go

i was a bit stuck for stuff to read so my auntie lent me her alan titchmarsh books. now before you laugh they really are quite good novels, good romance novels if you like that kind of read.
    POOKIE

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

Yep, its a Victorian Novel, but its a proper good book!

Oh respect Abi! Thats one of my fav books of all time!!!

PS.......7 lol

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

i have started reading marley and me and the road of the dead and they are both quite good books but i cant seem to get into reading at the mo

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Quote Originally Posted by pinkles14 View Post
    Just finished reading Dont Tell Mummy by Toni Maguire..
    Toni tells the story about her terrible childhood and becoming pregnant at the age of 14 by her father...
    very hard book to put down you just want to keep reading...
    Is that the one where the girl has a termination but it goes wrong and she can't have any more children?

I'm reading One Child by Torey Hayden. It's about a six year old girl who's mother left her on a highway (set in America) when she was four and was abused. She set fire to a little boy and was "sentenced" to a psychiatric hospital. While waiting for a place she was put in a special needs class for retarded kids. Her teacher (the author) was an educational psychologist and special needs teacher and she was the only one who realised that the girl wasn't mad. It's a true life thing and it's really good. I was almost crying in places.

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkles14 View Post
    Just finished reading Dont Tell Mummy by Toni Maguire..
    Toni tells the story about her terrible childhood and becoming pregnant at the age of 14 by her father...
    very hard book to put down you just want to keep reading...
    Is that the one where the girl has a termination but it goes wrong and she can't have any more children?

I'm reading One Child by Torey Hayden. It's about a six year old girl who's mother left her on a highway (set in America) when she was four and was abused. She set fire to a little boy and was "sentenced" to a psychiatric hospital. While waiting for a place she was put in a special needs class for retarded kids. Her teacher (the author) was an educational psychologist and special needs teacher and she was the only one who realised that the girl wasn't mad. It's a true life thing and it's really good. I was almost crying in places.

Yeh thats the one she has an termination that goes wrong...
    the one your reading sounds ok think i will have to have alook for it..

Just read Please daddy no by Stuart howarth ..
    All he wants is for his father to love him but he is made to believe he is too naughty to be loved.

Thread Information