Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your own children Vs Stepchildren

[QUOTE=xXxJessxXx]

they all say blood is thickier than water. but is that really true. QUOTE]

I don't believe so...I live by the rule "Friends are family we choose for ourselves"

I am a step-child and from my experience. People do love their own children more or they show it more, no matter how much they try not to

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    In my family, there is absolutely no difference in the way in which our sons are treated. We came as a package and if people were not going to accept that then I wanted to be on my own. If anything my eldests gets and got a lot more attention than our youngest - as someone said before - anyone can father a child, but it takes someone special to be a daddy and that is exactly what my husband is.......

As I don’t have children-I would love someone else children as the children are theirs and I would love them (the daddy) but I would not love them as much as my own, but then I think it depend on the age- as with Frankie loves her stepson Jamie she has known him such he was little as she was his babysitter, but it might have be different if he was older when she meet him. She also loves him as his father had an affair with Danny girlfriend so Frankie and Jamie are kind of going thought the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Rain_
    At the oposite end of the scale i was brought up by my stepfather from being 9 months old. At no time did i feel left out or not as loved as his other children. I guess anyone can be a father but it takes a man to be a daddy.
    This is so true. For those of you who think that blood ties are all - remember all the child abuse cases. Just as many blood relatives harm children as step parents.

When you have one child you think that you could never love another child as much. Then when number 2 comes along you realise that the love grows to encompass you family and it doesn't run out. Love is not a cake with only a limited number of slices.

Thread Information