Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Keepsakes

err where would you like him to be and where do you really not want him to be and I may be able to tell you lol you might not like me though later on in the story lets just say he spends a lot of time away from home

I don't care where he is...just hurry up and post more !!!

I'll do one more part tonight cos I cant wait to get to the good bits.LOL
    Oh and the flash back is from Keeping the Faith

Part 4

Dennis sighed and swirled his brandy around the edge of the glass.He looked at the clock on the wall of his office. 8:15. He should have been home nearly 5 and a half hours ago. He was hiding...again.
    Since the twins had been born he had found himself hiding out alot in his office and deep down he knew why. With Faith, Alyss and Ryan sharon had never really take to motherhood that well, she loved her children but often worried that she was doing everything wrong. The twins were different. Sharon was brilliant with them and dennis was left feeling redundant. She didnt need him, it felt as though the whole family didnt need him and now he was the one who couldnt cope.
    Guilt surged through his veins. He was being stupid and he knew it. He was being selfish too. Right now he should be at his sons party, supporting his wife nad being there for his children. What was he doing instead? Drowning in his own self pity. Dennis downed the brandy and picked up his coat. It was time to face the music.

^^^^^^^

Sharon smiled as she tucked Ryan in and kissed him on the forhead. Now he and the twins were asleep it was just her, Faith and Alyss. Still no dennis.
    Sharon heard the front door click and raced down to see who it was.
    Ahhh Dennis. She shot him a murderous look and walked into the living room where Faith and Alyss sat playing snap on the carpet.

Sharon: Faith, Alyss, come on bed time
    Faith: But mum...
    Alyss: Just one more game?
    Sharon: No I said bed no goodnight kids love ya

The girls watched as dennis walked in behind her and Alyss noticed the glimmer of hope flicker in her elder sisters eyes. She went for it.

Faith: Do we have to dad?

Faith knew crossing her mum was a risky move but it could just be worth it, although not this time.

Dennis: No come on you heard you're mum bed, you've got school in the morning

Together the two girls sulked silently out of the room and up to bed, sharon sat down on the sofa and looked up at dennis.

Sharon: So?
    Dennis: So what?

Sharon jumped to he feet again

Sharon: So what? What do you mean so what? You ignore my calls for five hours and then say so what? Where the hell have you been?
    Dennis: When did you stop being my wife and start being my keeper?
    Sharon: The day you stopped caring about you're family.
    Dennis: Well you seem to have coped just fine without me
    Sharon: What are you on about?
    Dennis: Nothing it doesnt matter. Look Im sorry ok I should have called.

He touched her hand and sharon softened.

Sharon: Yeah well its just you promised Ryan. He wanted his dad at his birthday party. This isnt the first fight we've had just lately dennis and the kids are starting to pick up on it.
    Dennis: Let me guess Faith
    Sharon: She wouldnt shut up about you all day and this afternoon she knew something was wrong. How did you know?
    Dennis: It would be her wouldnt it she has you're brain she's good at working things out

Sharon smiled, Dennis smiled back.

Dennis: So are we ok?
    Sharon: We're ok. Just please dont let it happen again at leats call me.
    Dennis: It wont happen again, I promise

Sharon glanced at him with a sad look in her eyes as deja vous hit the pair.

***Dennis: Your not gonna lose me, i promise
    Sharon: you said that before remember and you broke my heart.

The pair blinking and sharon let the small smile she had been holding slide off her lips. He hadnt broken that promise at least. Or at least he hadnt yet.

Next Part: After another arguament Dennis makes a big mistake but can Sharon forgive him this time?

I've just started reading this and I think its great!Please do more soon!
    Good Soaps-
    Eastenders
    Coronation Street(its a bit boring but it can be funny,sometimes)
    Emmerdale (Theres no good storylines on at the moment)
    Hollyoaks
    Home and Away

~~~~My Demi and Leo Script,Runnig Away

Hi again hopefully it will get good soon but if not just tell me lol and I will do my best to change it Thanks for all the replies so far: ~ Clo ~ hayley stapler Harmanizing Rain_ and charmed.

Part 5

Sharon paced up and down as Faith and Alyss watched nervously from their position behind the banister.

Faith: She's been doing that for over an hour now.
    Alyss: Come on Fay there's nothing we can do lets go to bed.
    Faith: Ok

The two girls traipsed off to bed and sharon continued to pace.
    It was 9:30 and the day after Ryans party, he and the twins were already in bed and yet again Dennis hadnt come home. That morning things had been tense between sharon and dennis and he had left for work earlier than usual.
    Sharon was starting to worry.

^^^^^^^

Across the square Dennis wasn’t thinking about his family, no he was thinking about anything but them. He was in scarlets yet again drowning his sorrows in an endless waterfall of Vodca when a leggy young blonde had come up to him and occupied the bar stool next to him.

:Hi I'm Brandy.
    Dennis: I'm Dennis. Brandy ay, thats my kind of name

^^^^^^^

Sharon couldnt wait anymore. It was late and Dennis wasnt home. She grabbed her keys and shouted up the stairs.

Sharon: Faith, Alyss...

The two girls ran down the stairs eagerly.

Sharon: I'm going out ok, now I've phoned auntie Chrissie and she'll be here soon but until then I dont want you to answer the door to anyone do you understand.
    Alyss: Yes mum
    Faith: Course we do but where...
    Sharon: It doesnt matter I'll be home soon. Be good, Faith you're in charge.

Sharon put on her coat, walked out of the door and locked it behind her making a determined path towards the bookies.

^^^^^^^

Dennis took another gulp of his drink it was funny the more he drank the better he felt. The drinking made him feel good, being out for a change made him feel good and being with Brandy felt very good indead.

Brandy: Why dont we go somewhere a little quieter...

Dennis wasnt stupid he knew exactly what she meant and as ashamed as he might have been to admit it, sharon didnt even cross his mind.

Dennis: Yeah I know a place, come on

He took her hand and led her out of the club

^^^^^^^^

Sharon hesitated as she walked towards the bookies. This was stupid he was probably just working late. He'd have a good excuse, she should just go home. Sharon was beginning to doubt her motives and she hated not being sure of herself.
    Besides it was cold outside and she had already called Chrissie to babysit.
    Inside the lights were on, so why was the door locked?
    Sharon pushed aside her self doubt and slid her key into the lock. She opened the door and stepped inside, the warm air a welcome reprive from the harsh winds outside.

Sharon: Dennis?

She barely dared more than a whisper. She could hear noises, laughing and giggling. Sharon suddenly felt sick and wished she had stayed at home but it was too late now she had to know.
    Sharon took a deep breath and walked into the office. What she saw made a hand spring to her face in mild surprise and she let out a small squeek.
    Dennis and a girl sharon had never even seen before were both obviouslt drunk were cavorting on the carpet without a care in the world.
    Dennis hadnt even properly registered Sharons presence until he heard the office door slam behind her.
    Now what was he going to do?

Next part: What will sharon say and is their marriage over?

No!!!!!!!! He can'ttttttttt! Great part, but please let them be ok

Oh no!What will happen next?
    Good Soaps-
    Eastenders
    Hollyoaks
    Home and Away

Thanks for the replies I'll write more after school tomorrow

Ok,Thanks
    Good Soaps-
    Eastenders
    Hollyoaks
    Home and Away

Hi again thanks for the replies. Here is the next part:

Part 6

Sharon didnt go straight home, she couldnt. How could she go home and face her children, their children? How could she sleep in her bed, their bed? How could she even be happy again knowing what she knew, that dennis didnt love her anymore.
    That was the only conclusion she could reach as she sat on a cold park bench in the middle of the night for well over an hour. He ddint love her anymore, he couldnt. But it was time to face facts and sharon had to go home eventually.
    She walked slowly home and paused at the steps of the house. She took a deep breathe and walked in, knowing perfectly well that the next few minutes would affect the rest of her life.
    Dennis was already waiting for her. He was sat on the sofa, his shirt untucked, his hair ruffled. Sharon felt sick at the sight of him but at least the kids were in bed.

Sharon: When did Chrissie leave?

A normal question, she could handle a normal question.

Dennis: I...I said she could go when I got back she has Jake, James and Hannah to think about.
    Sharon: Yeah she has, she cares a great deal about her family.
    Dennis: Look Sharon ...

That was the end of the normal questions then sharon though glumly.

Dennis: Look Sharon I can...
    Sharon: Dont you dare say explain because nothing you can say can make this better

Dennis stood up an reached out to her but she pulled away and kept her distance.

Dennis: I know it was wrong but...
    Sharon: What's her name?
    Dennis: I...err...what?
    Sharon: What's her name?
    Dennis: I dont know she was just some random person
    Sharon: You're lying
    Dennis: OK fine her names Brandy feel better now?
    Sharon: Brandy huh well that figures.

Sharon poured a glass of wine from the cabinet in the corner and took a long sip.

Dennis: She doesnt mean anything to me.
    Sharon: Really? Cos she means everything to me. Tonight you chose her over me, you chose her over you're family and whether you've known her 10 minutes or 10 years makes no difference because tonight she helped destroy my marriage.
    Dennis: What? NO sharon I can change.
    Sharon: Its too late for that Dennis. It isnt even just tonight. Tonight just helped me see things more clearly
    Dennis: Sharon...
    Sharon: Things haven't been right for a long time and you know that as well as I do.
    Dennis: What are you saying.
    Sharon: All things must come to an end Dennis, maybe we have.
    Dennis: You're serious aren't you
    Sharon: Dennis we always said we would be ok as long as we could see a future together...well I cant see that future anymore.
    Dennis: You mean...
    Sharon: I need you to leave, its over Dennis.
    Dennis: And the kids?
    Sharon: You'll still see them, this isnt their fault
    Dennis: But after all we've had
    Sharon: Exactly, "all we've had" its in the past dennis and as the saying goes: The past is gone, the futures not here yet so all we really have is the now and right now I need you to leave. I cant be with you anymore because you make me doubt myself and I cant be sure that you love me...or that I love you for that matter.

Dennis finally understood that she was right. It was over and if her thought about it he no longer knew what the future held either when it had always been so clear before. It was time to go because she was right. He couldnt be sure he loved her anymore because if he did he wouldnt have even known who Brandy was.

Dennis: I need to get some stuff...

Sharon nodded and as dennis left to pack his bags she burst into tears. She sniffed and wiped her eyes hoping that as she held the door open for him he wouldnt notice. He didnt and a simple goodbye later and everything had changed. All of a sudden eleven years of marriage meant nothing and he was no longer a part of her immediate life. He was an outsider, a weekend dad and eventually he would be just another ex-husband for sharon to add to her list. She suddenly felt so alone. A single mother with no fixed income and five hungry mouths to feed, she had no idea how she was going to cope. She couldnt do this, it wasnt supposed to be this way. Sharon sank down the wall and sobbed herself to sleep right there in the hallway.

Upstairs a distraught Faith rocked herself to sleep and pulled her covers around herself to muffle her own tears. Her dad was gone and her whole world was crumbling around her. It was the sound of her own mothers sobs that accompanied her own plus her complete exhaustion that finally soothed Faith to sleep but for everyday since she would clearly remember falling to sleep with that familiar feeling of dread deep in the depths of her stomach and lodged tighter that ever.

Thread Information