Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Keepsakes

Keepsakes

Hi this is the follow up to Keeping the Faith and Keeping it in the family but can stand alone so it doesnt matter too much if you have'nt read them. Just a short part, a brief description, to start off here we go:

Part 1

It had been five years since the inciddent with Dave and a lot had happened. The children had grown and Faith and Alyss had flourished into complete minitures of their parents.
    It was breakfast time in the Rickman household and it was as busy and chaotic as ever. At one end of the large breakfast table sat Dennis, his head buried in a newspaper as he absently tried to listen to what his wife was trying to tell him.
    At the opposite end sat the eldest of the Rickman children. Faith Angela Rickman was 10 and the mirror image of her mother, she even shared her mothers hazel eyes, shining from beneath a curtain of lucious blonde ringlets.
    Next to her sat Alyss Amara Rickman. She was 9 and rarely left her sisters side. Her mousy brown hair hanging straight down her back made her the the child in the family that looked most like her father, her bright green eyes glittered attently as she listened, enthralled to what Faith had to say.
    Seated next to his dad and currently whining about the lack of coco pops was Ryan Peter Rickman. The bubbly four year old was the apple of everyones eye. With similar looks to Faith he shared her mop of blonde of curls and pale complection, he too however had his fathers bottle green eyes.
    Ryans birth had made the family complete, with two girls and a boy what more could two parents such as Sharon and Dennis ask for. The family had settled down into a normal life and sharon and dennis had begun to enjoy their children. What could possibly change that?
    Lilly and Toby, thats what.
    Next to Sharon, defiantly resisting his breakfast was Toby Mark Rickman. He struggled in his baby blue highchair and was remarkably strong for a one year old. His brown eyes and hair made him cute in a way no one quiete understood..
    On Sharons other side in a matching pink highchair sat Toby's twin, Lilly Madison Rickman. The little girl gurgled and laughed at her mothers current situation. The happy baby was hardly recognisable and often confused with her twin brother. She too had hazel eyes and tufts of auburn hair sat in neatly arranged pigtails that sharon had done not five minutes before.
    Yes the twins had definatly been a surprise and having five children within the space of ten years had been a difficult ajustment for sharon and dennis but the twins had been born into a loving family, a family where the children were happy and the parents were content. A caring family, a joyful family...a perfect family?

Last edited by squillyfer; 13-10-2005 at 18:10.

Any more?

Definitely, more soon please Great start

yeah! its great

Class!

Just read this. Great as usual! Please keep going.

Part 2

All: Happy birthday dear Ryan, Happy birthday to you.

Singing rang out from the living room of the rickmans house as sharon and dennis marked their sons fourth birthday. It was 8:30am and as usual the family was in disarray in the early motning rush.
    Dennis kissed each of his children in turn before turning to his wife.

Dennis: Sorry but I...
    Sharon: I know, work. Just dont be late home or you'll miss the party.
    Dennis: Dont worry I'll be here, I'm not gonna miss his party.
    Sharon: Ok bye love.
    Dennis: Bye

And with that dennis was off to work leaving sharon to cope with the kids.

Alyss: Mum come on we're going to be late for school.
    Sharon: You wont be late
    Faith: Yeah just like we weren't late nearly all of last week.
    Sharon: Faith just behave ok you're not helping.
    Faith: And you were late picking us up
    Sharon: Faith I'm sorry ok I was just a little tied up sorting you're brothers party out, now come on get in the car or we will be late, you too Alyss.

Faith dropped the arguament momentaraly only to resume it once sharon had managed to get all five children safely into the car.

Faith: I dont see why he's even having a party.
    Sharon: Because its his birthday how would you feel if no one remembered you're birthday.
    Faith: Well its not as if he's going to remember it, is he.
    Alyss: She has a point mum
    Sharon: Alyss, please...
    Faith: I'm just saying that...
    Sharon: Faith just drop it ok because unless you do, you'll be in you're room while this party is happening.
    Faith: Fine why would I wanna hang out with a bunch of babies anyway

Sharon gave an exasperated sigh before stopping the car outside the local nursery school and leading a smiling Ryan inside. Faith just frowned and looked at Alyss.

Faith: Come on Ally you know I'm right.
    Alyss: Hey dont drag me into this.
    Faith: Its alright for you you're the polite one eveyone likes you.
    Alyss: Yeah and you're the eldest, the prettiest, the smartest and dads favourite so shut up.
    Faith: I am not dads favourite, at least not anymore, not since Ryan and the twins were born he likes them better.
    Alyss: Dont be silly Faith at least you were his favourite once, I've never been anyones favourite. Dad likes you and Ryan and mum spends all her time cooing over Toby and Lilly.

Faith looked across to her sister and registered the sad look on her face and the tears sparkling in her eyes.

Faith: Sorry Alyss, you're right but I'll tell you something you're my favourite.
    Alyss: Really?
    Faith: Really, I like you more that Ryan, Toby and Lilly all put together. Now stop being a sissy and wipe you're eyes before mum see's

Alyss looked at her sister and gave her a small hug as sharon got into the car

Sharon: Right lets get you two to school shall we before we have anymore arguaments.

Faith and Alyss looked at each other and rolled their eyes. It was going to be a long day
    Last edited by squillyfer; 16-10-2005 at 20:49.

Aww bless what a cute family more soon please

Hi again here we go. It actually really hard to get this script going even though I know the rest will pretty much write itself lol I cant wait till I get past the beginning cos I know whats going to happen and I really enjoyed writing it even I found it exciting LOL anyway back to the boring beginning and : Are things starting to look a bit rocky for Dennis and his perfect family?

Part 3

Faith and Alyss were stood impatiently outside their school as they waited to be picked up. It was 3:25 a whole 15 minutes after school had finished. Faith kicked a stone across the floor and leaned on the gate behind her.

Faith: She's late...again.
    Alyss: She'll be here
    Faith: You wanna bet?

At that moment a dark blue car pulled up infront of the pair and the window was wound down.

It was Jake, he looked flustered and his son James, who was 7, two years younger than Alyss, and his sister Hannah who was five, were sat in the back seat.

Alyss: Uncle Jake, what are you doing here? Where's mum, or dad for that matter?

The two sisters had always known perfectly well that Chrissie and Jake weren't really their aunt and uncle but they were family and thats all that really mattered.

Jake: Your mum was busy with your brothers and sisters, she had some last minute preparations for the party.
    Faith: And dad?
    Jake: He's working
    Alyss: Oh

Faith and Alyss looked at each other and Faith shrugged in a way that told her sister that she had probably expected this outcome all along. Alyss sighed and climbed into the back seat shuffling up until she was sat next next to James. Faith threw her school bag into the footwell and sat in the front and together the five of them drove towards the party.

Faith: So why isnt dad here?
    Jake: I told you he's working
    Faith: But he was supposed to be finishing early for the party
    Jake: Well I dont know do I maybe he got held up, now come on smile everybody we're here and its a party isnt it.

But as Faith walked into a home she hardly recognised she didnt feel much like celebrating. On the contrary she felt sick. She ahd this horrible sinking feeling in her stomach thta just made her feel as if something was about to go wrong. She'd had it before and she was usually right.
    The house was filled with a bunch of overactive toddlers all running around screaming at the top of their voice, their parents stood gossipping nearby just glad of the break. Everyone was happy and birthday spirits were in the air but that sinking feeling had settled in Faiths stomach and she refused to be happy. She turned to her sister for comfort, but Alyss had already run off to talk to her friend Natasha whose little brother was in Ryans class. Faith felt a pang of abandenment towards her sister and scowled.

?: Nows whats such an ugly look doing on such a pretty face?

It was pauline.

Faith: Oh hi
    Pauline: Why so glum sweetheart?
    Faith: No reason I'm just a little bored thats all.
    Pauline: Well why dont you go and play with Aleesha, you're in the same class at school aren't you, you should be the perfect little friends.

It was true, Faith and Aleesha were in the same class at school but Faith Rickman and Aleesha Miller were anything but friends infact Faith possotively despised her.

Faith: No its ok I think I might go find mum
    Pauline: Ok love

Faith quickly siezed her chance and snook away from pauline. She pushed her way through the crowds until she finally found her mum in the kitchen.
    Sharon looked a little worried and was on the phone whilst frantically biting her nails.

Faith: Mum?...are you ok?

Sharon pulled off a near convincing smile

Sharon: I'm fine
    Faith: Its dad isnt it

Sharon seemed surprised by her daughters bluntness but replied anyway.

Sharon: He's not answering his phone and he promised he'd be here.
    Faith: Oh

She didnt know what else to say. Sharon plastered on a smile and beamed at her daughter.

Sharon: Oh well never mind its his loss, I'm sure we can have plenty of fun without him and besides I'm sure he'll be here soon he's probably just running a little late. Now come on angel its time to cut the cake.

Sharon left the kitchen leaving a slightly confused Faith with no option but to follow.

Next time: Where was Dennis and what will Sharon say?

(not as boring as it sounds LOL trust me)

Wheres Dennissssss? More soon please, great update

Thread Information