Thread: 2 week spoilers for River City

2 week spoilers for River City

Andrew's parents arrive

Airing Friday, 7th October 2005 at 20:30 on BBC One Scotland

It’s the day of Marty and Ruth’s blessing, but there’s no sign of the blushing bride. After a heart to heart with Scott and realising how much Marty loves her, Ruth wipes away her tears and the blessing goes ahead.

Gina has a tough day worrying about Ruth, then fearing that her relationship with Archie might be coming to an end. However, it all ends on a high when she receives an unexpected proposal.

Meanwhile, Andrew’s parents finally arrive – and it becomes apparent that his father Alasdair is not the easiest person to please. Will Kelly Marie and her family be able to live up to his high expectations?

Raymond asks Roisin and Alanna to return
    Airing Tuesday, 11th October 2005 at 20:00 on BBC One Scotland

Raymond tells Roisin how much he misses her and asks if she and Alanna will move back into the Tall Ship with him. Alanna refuses point blank, and realising she needs to find alternative accommodation fast, suggests to Vader that they should find a place together.

Elsewhere, Andrew’s parents take the Adams family out for lunch. But having gained an insight into the family’s history, a disapproving Alasdair hurls one insult after another, causing the Adams to walk out in disgust.

And after a heart to heart with Malcolm, Gina decides what her answer to Archie’s proposal is going to be.

Alasdair tries to hide his feelings
    Airing Friday, 14th October 2005 at 20:30 on BBC One Scotland

Bob is forced to turn to Jimmy for help after Lenny the loan shark visits him again at the garage. He now appears to owe an impossible amount, and is feeling increasingly intimidated by being kept under Lenny’s watchful eye.

Meanwhile, Morag advises Alasdair to keep Andrew sweet so that he will eventually see sense and come home. Although Alasdair apologises to Andrew, Scarlett and Kelly Marie, it is still very clear that he is far from happy with his son’s choice of girlfriend.

And when Billy refuses to accompany Joanne to dinner at Heather and Gerry’s, Luca steps in and a great night is had by all.

News of Gina’s engagement spreads
    Airing Tuesday, 18th October 2005 at 20:00 on BBC One Scotland

The news of Gina’s engagement to Archie spreads, but not all of the Rossi family are happy for the couple. Luca makes it very clear that he doesn’t trust Archie, and Eileen is still bitter about what happened in the past between herself and her sister’s new fiancé.

Meanwhile, Billy shows Marty the Portacabin as a potential office space, and the conversation between the two men turns to the topic of having children.

And while Roisin gives Raymond his orders to sack Eileen, Eileen is busy conjuring a crafty business plan involving herself and Glenn.

Scarlett spots a familiar face
    Airing Friday, 21st October 2005 at 20:30 on BBC One Scotland

Ruth is anxious at the prospect of her hospital appointment, but attends it with Marty firmly by her side. Later, when she is upset by the diagnosis, Marty, Gina and Malcolm are all on hand to offer their support.

Eddie visits Scott, but is still acting in an uncomfortable manner. On observing Eddie’s reaction when Marty interrupts the couple getting cosy, Scott realises he needs time to think about where this relationship is going.

And Scarlett runs into Lenny Murdoch at Bob’s garage and realises she recognises him from somewhere. When the penny drops, she rushes to confront Lenny, Jimmy and Bob in turn - and is horrified to discover the true extent of the money trouble her son has got himself into.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

aaawww so glad ruth goes through with it

poor ruth

Oh no! I was meant to move this to 'Other Soap - Spoilers' but I put it in Home and Away by accident!!

Can another mod move it to the right place because I can't!

Thread Information