Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How You Remind Me

Fab as usual, Please do more asap.

its really good!
    Kat & Alfie ForEver!

Awwwww bless them its great more soon

'Tis amazing... fabarooney... post more soon...
    Dennis Rickman 28/08/1974 - 31/12/2005

Kat walked into her bedroom later that day and her heart dropped like a stone. Mo was lying on her bed crying.

"Oh darling what's up?" Kat said, going to her. Mo shook her head, tears falling like rain.

"Tell me," Kat tried.

"I'm sorry," Mo gasped out. "I'm sorry Kat I'm so sorry I -"

"What? What about?"

"You and Alfie you should be together it's all my fault -" Mo gulped painful tears back.

Kat stopped. "No, it wasn't your fault..." The words felt all dry and wrong in her mouth.

"It was!" Mo looked at her, eyes shining. "You and Alfie would still be together now if it wasn't for me, and I hear you crying in the night Kat and you should be together, you should be -"

"You're babbling," Kat cut in.

Mo sniffled, a desolate sound, and wiped her eyes with her bedcovers.

"I already told you, me and Alfie aren't gonna be together no more, because..." Kat frowned - "- any more, I mean, because we just can't."

"Because of me," Mo said dully.

"Not all because of you, no - we just got to that point where there's nothing more to say and nothing more to do." Kat knew she was speaking rationally, being sensible - Alfie would be proud - and yet still part of her was howling in pain at the back of her mind and flying about kicking the walls. That was the part that would like nothing better than to take this snivelling, sorry excuse for a woman and show her what real pain felt like.

"That isn't true," Mo said. She rolled over onto her stomach. "It's because of me, and you know it."

Kat sighed. "Well, even if it was, it still amounts to the same thing. We're not together and we never will be again." She felt a strange bite of gloom gnaw at her when she said this. "Now I'll go and get you some hot chocolate, that'll cheer you up."

Mo sniffled miserably and Kat left the room. She wanted to cry herself, but she couldn't. Because that would upset Mo. Huh. Kat felt like there were two sides of a coin - Alfie and Mo - and she had to pick one or the other... She had chosen Mo, of course. Because she was her sister and she loved her. But...

At the Moons' house, Nana and Alfie were getting on with that list. Alfie was trying not to show Nana how upset this made him inside, but it was hard. He had let it all out the other day in Kat's arms, though - some kind of rubbish therapy, he thought. Oh, yeah, right. Cry your eyes out all over your wife, and be cured of all ills. Oh, dear.

"You know, I've always wanted to go to your grandad's grave, Alfie," she said sombrely.

"I'll se what I can do then," Alfie said jovially.

"Oh, you mean we could go?"

"Course," Alfie said. "If that's what you want, that's what we shall do."

"And I'd like to go and see your mum and dad, too," Nana said.

Alfie blinked. For a second he was confused. "Oh, you mean - yeah. Yeah."

He looked at his feet for a moment. Visiting his grandad's grave was all very well - he had never met the bloke, after all - but going to see his parents' graves, where they were buried together, was a bit... oh, he didn't know. He had once confessed to Kat that he felt like it was his fault they had died, because his dad had wanted him to fix something on the car but he never had... And then they were dead with a lorry squashing their car into a ditch, the car that Alfie had used to take his girlfriends out in. And Spencer had wandered around the house - he had been five, and Alfie twenty-five - asking Alfie, in a whiny voice: "Where's Mummy? Where's Daddy?" over and over.

Please do more asap.

Awwww poor Kat and Alfie They should be together! Please do more soon

Alfie saw Kat on the market a few days later and his face lit up. "Kat," he called to her. He had missed talking to her.

Kat looked up, frowning. "What?"

"Um... I just wanted to say hi," Alfie said uncertainly. She seemed jumpy this morning. "Never mind."

"Fine," Kat said shortly. Alfie blinked, confused. Just a few days ago they had been flirting - well, near enough - at his house, and now she would hardly give him a word. Typical. He would never understand women, he thought gloomily, for as long as he would live.

"You in a mood, or what?" he asked, perplexed.

Kat sighed. "No."

"Then why -" he paused. "Why aren't you talking to me?"

Kat didn't answer him at first. He tried again, but she looked up angrily. "Because, unless it slipped your mind, we're not together any more. It was you or my sister, and I chose Mo."

She turned away deliberately. She had had to do it, no matter how much it hurt her. Seeing Mo so upset the other night had made her remember everything... "Don't cry, Kit-kat"... Ridiculous, really. But she loved Mo and nothing should have ever interfered with that. No, she thought determinedly. From now on it was family only for her.

Hasn't it always been? that snide little voice at the back of her mind sniggered. Vice is nice, but incest is best, eh Kit-Kat?

Shove it, Kat replied - to herself? What? Well, I suppose this is what comes from having a warped mind. A little "evil voices are talking to me from my own head" couldn't hurt. As long as they don't tell me to burn things. She shook herself mentally. I'm alright. Amazingly, I'm not crazy, either.

------

more soon.... you wouldn't mind if I kind of went off on a tangent and started doing random flashbacks to Kat and Alfie's past, would you? I just got the idea then....

Excellent... Flashbacks are good too. Please do more asap.

Brilliant please do more soon

Thread Information