Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Sugden

Quote Originally Posted by deeCee View Post
    I think this is unnecessary.

I questioned the need for "fans" to ask why one actor didn't say happy birthday to another actor on his twitter feed. I find it unhealthy that these "fans" are so obsessesed to this extent, and others obviously see so much fandom behaviour as odd as well.

As far as I can see, we are perfectly entitled to express those views on a public forum.

And as this is Robert's thread, I also think Ryan Hawley (and the character of Robert) are wasted being tied to Aaron. Sorry, but Aaron is like Debbie - they suck the life out of everyone around them. Robert has been great this week with Vic.
    Couldn't agree more. I would honestly love someone to explain to me why they worship this pairing. They are nothing special, its two decent looking blokes, one of which has always been popular with the viewers. Not to mention that is completely unrealistic, I mean not many people can say that they have been held hostage by their boyfriend. It was all okay though as it was Roberts "coming out" story. I love the evil Robert and I think he would be good if they stopped this whole Robron thing, okay the teenage girls might have a bit of a meltdown but it will pass.

I questioned the need for "fans" to ask why one actor didn't say happy birthday to another actor on his twitter feed. I find it unhealthy that these "fans" are so obsessesed to this extent, and others obviously see so much fandom behaviour as odd as well.

As far as I can see, we are perfectly entitled to express those views on a public forum.

And as this is Robert's thread, I also think Ryan Hawley (and the character of Robert) are wasted being tied to Aaron. Sorry, but Aaron is like Debbie - they suck the life out of everyone around them. Robert has been great this week with Vic.
    Couldn't agree more. I would honestly love someone to explain to me why they worship this pairing. They are nothing special, its two decent looking blokes, one of which has always been popular with the viewers. Not to mention that is completely unrealistic, I mean not many people can say that they have been held hostage by their boyfriend. It was all okay though as it was Roberts "coming out" story. I love the evil Robert and I think he would be good if they stopped this whole Robron thing, okay the teenage girls might have a bit of a meltdown but it will pass.

I don't have a problem with not liking a character I am happy to agree to disagree on things however you are jumping on a insignificant line it was a way of opening the video to explain Ryan didn't want a fuss at work so he waited until later in the day you make it sound like fans were harassing Danny & it was not the case, it was light hearted.

Just again to attack & insult a group of fans and to to tar with the same brush all fans as if they are one and constantly using degrading and condescending tones. Yes a lot of people tweet at lot of those people are younger people so there is no need to be so spiteful to everyone about it. If someone dares to have a positive view on them here they are jumped on and savaged, why, because a few people get carried away on twitter, so nobody is welcome? I just wanted to express my view on this because I find it insulting and a real shame.

Deleted
    Can't be arsed with the whole Robron fandom's victimhood stance.
    Last edited by deeCee; 22-09-2016 at 17:14.

I don't remember Jack beating Robert or being homophobic, well Robert was not gay or bisexual back then

Was Jack homophobic to other characters?

I hate when a (dead) good character is suddenly made to look like a bad guy.. Jack Sugden was a nice man. He was quite stubborn and old fashioned too, so I could believe he could have been a bit homophobic, but beating his son?? That I don't believe.
    If he was /did, this should have come up with Gordon - Aaron storyline and not now..
    Last edited by mariba; 18-10-2016 at 09:08.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (18-10-2016), lizann (20-10-2016), Perdita (18-10-2016), tammyy2j (18-10-2016)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOBEMCAsY58

Youtube clip from 2004 where Jack punches Robert

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (18-10-2016), tammyy2j (18-10-2016)

He punched him for a reason. Robert had an affair with Katie behind Andy's back. Just because he's Robert and he could. He didn't actually love Katie.

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    He punched him for a reason. Robert had an affair with Katie behind Andy's back. Just because he's Robert and he could. He didn't actually love Katie.
    Robert is very similar to Ross, they both felt like they were the "bad" son, they both went after there brothers partner just to get at them and they are both criminals. If Ross hadn't of shot Robert, they would probably of been good mates.

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    Robert is very similar to Ross, they both felt like they were the "bad" son, they both went after there brothers partner just to get at them and they are both criminals. If Ross hadn't of shot Robert, they would probably of been good mates.

Thread Information