Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Sugden

Quote Originally Posted by deeCee View Post
    When I read things like this, it makes me realise just how ludicrously extreme the "robron" fandom have gone, and the ridiculous steps the ED staff have to perform in order to pander to said fandom.

Why on earth is it anyone's business why one actor does or doesn't say happy birthday to another actor?
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if the same News outlets will report when it's the actors birthday who plays Sandy or Bob for example.
    Last edited by rossfan; 22-09-2016 at 12:56.

Quote Originally Posted by deeCee View Post
    When I read things like this, it makes me realise just how ludicrously extreme the "robron" fandom have gone, and the ridiculous steps the ED staff have to perform in order to pander to said fandom.

Why on earth is it anyone's business why one actor does or doesn't say happy birthday to another actor?
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if the same News outlets will report when it's the actors birthday who plays Sandy or Bob for example.
    Last edited by rossfan; 22-09-2016 at 12:56.

Quote Originally Posted by binky321 View Post
    Fans were tweeting Danny asking him to pass 'Happy Birthday' messages to Ryan Hawley because he doesn't have any social media accounts of his own to message him directly, Danny on his own Instagram account made a quick video to acknowledge them & to give Ryan the chance to respond. Where's the harm? It was a kind gesture by both nothing to do with pandering to anyone.
    You honestly don't think that Emmerdale pander to "Robron" fans?

Fans were tweeting Danny asking him to pass 'Happy Birthday' messages to Ryan Hawley because he doesn't have any social media accounts of his own to message him directly, Danny on his own Instagram account made a quick video to acknowledge them & to give Ryan the chance to respond. Where's the harm? It was a kind gesture by both nothing to do with pandering to anyone.
    You honestly don't think that Emmerdale pander to "Robron" fans?

It seems obvious to me that even Danny and Ryan get fed up with these "fans" who sit on twitter all day and bombard them with messages. Well, Danny anyway as Ryan doesn't have twitter but I don't blame him. If you keep an eye out on twitter, every episode that doesn't have them on or not much of them, the fandom go into complete meltdown. When Emmerdale post a picture of another character, the replies are "No, we want Robron", if you are only watching a show for 2 characters then they're going to be pretty disappointed when either of them leave. For example, my favourite character is Ross but if he left I would still keep on watching like I did before he joined the show.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alcapo11 For This Useful Post:

deeCee (22-09-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by rossfan View Post
    Lets be honest, some of them probably only have the show on in the background and then will only start to watch when their boys are on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alcapo11 For This Useful Post:

deeCee (22-09-2016)

No more so than any other characters.

If pandering occurs It's not Emmerdale it's the media who have cottoned on to the popularity by using them in various articles for click bait which isn't always a good thing & not something Robron fans should be blamed for.

Emmerdale gives the same attention to the likes of Coria - David/Tracey have had a lot of screen time and so on even Debbie/Ross last year.

Look at 2015 'Robron' were shelved as a couple from July 2015 until early this year to make way for other character's story lines, hardly pandering to & Robron fans have had to sit and be very patient to get to the point where they are now given the affair started in Dec 2014.

I just think taking a kind gesture from the actors and turning into a reason to snipe at Robron fans is unnecessary.

I'm am not solely a Robron fan I have watched Emmerdale since early childhood going back more than 25 years I love the show in general. It's my favourite soap. I've grown up with the Sugden's practically, including, I remember well all the reincarnations of Robert! Aaron is a character that I've always liked because he is very flawed & but relatable also the actor is a superb talent hence his popularity.

I like the characters as individuals I would be interested in them if they were a couple or not, they are both complex and layered characters and as a couple I'm enjoying the story lines as well as the character development. Robert has grown so much he is a character while yes a bit of a rogue has now fallen in love and that love is showing the person he want's to be as a result it's like watching him find himself and who he wants to be it's been a joy to see him grow in that way.

If I don't happen to like a character or the story line, I may comment on the character, story line or whatever here or elsewhere but I don't feel the need to belittle those that do & I see too much of that on here directed at Robron fans by some which is quite frankly really unnecessary.

Let us all enjoy Emmerdale without degrading each other.

Quote Originally Posted by alcapo11 View Post
    Lets be honest, some of them probably only have the show on in the background and then will only start to watch when their boys are on.
    Many of them actually state they don't watch the show if these two aren't on screen.

I dislike all manifestations of hero-worship. I think it's unhealthy.

Last edited by deeCee; 22-09-2016 at 15:27.

If I don't happen to like a character or the story line, I may comment on the character, story line or whatever here or elsewhere but I don't feel the need to belittle those that do & I see too much of that on here directed at Robron fans by some which is quite frankly really unnecessary.

Let us all enjoy Emmerdale without degrading each other.
    I think this is unnecessary.

I questioned the need for "fans" to ask why one actor didn't say happy birthday to another actor on his twitter feed. I find it unhealthy that these "fans" are so obsessesed to this extent, and others obviously see so much fandom behaviour as odd as well.

As far as I can see, we are perfectly entitled to express those views on a public forum.

And as this is Robert's thread, I also think Ryan Hawley (and the character of Robert) are wasted being tied to Aaron. Sorry, but Aaron is like Debbie - they suck the life out of everyone around them. Robert has been great this week with Vic.
    Last edited by deeCee; 22-09-2016 at 15:25.

Thread Information