Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Sugden

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    He will be whatever is most advantageous for
    him.
    Thats Robert!
    I hope you are wrong, I believe Robert really does love Aaron he wants to be close to him again. Yes, Robert is a schemer but he has shown he really does love him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serena Williams For This Useful Post:

JessicaMad (03-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    He will be whatever is most advantageous for
    him.
    Thats Robert!
    I hope you are wrong, I believe Robert really does love Aaron he wants to be close to him again. Yes, Robert is a schemer but he has shown he really does love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    seems fans want robron back on and they could win

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    seems fans want robron back on and they could win

did chas have a bunk up or snog with other robert around andy and katy first wedding or am wrong

My Favourite Emmerdale Character for now, Robert Sugden, last night (Feb 18) won 1st place in Digital Spy's Opinion Poll for registered members who voted for "Favourite Emmerdale Character for 2016".

I knew Robert had won this poll from around 10:50pm on Valentine's Day (14 Feb). I had the data and graphs to prove it but let the poll go on without saying.

Robert has been such a terrific character and total legend for me since August 2015. That scene when Robert held a gun to Ross on New Year's Eve. Well, this for me was a really and truly terrible and terrific scene for Robert. I really knew all along since then that Robert would be just massive. And he has indeed made it. Robert gets my well-deserved Gold Telly Watcher 5* Terrific Acting Award for Emmerdale for 2016!

Lovely teddy-bear Aaron came a close second for me though! Aaron gets my well-deserved Silver Telly Watcher 5* Terrific Acting Award for Emmerdale for 2016!

My spoiler predictions for Top 3 for 2017? Robert, Aaron and Laurel. I reckon Laurel may become a total heroine for making Ashley's last months and days just perfect. Time will tell!

Voter graph for Digital Spy's Opinion Poll for registered members for "Favourite Emmerdale Character for 2016"

Digital Spy Forum:
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2137869
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 19-02-2016 at 15:46.

Emmerdale's Robert Sugden will throw Aaron Livesy's abuse case into total jeopardy when he pays a false witness to give evidence against evil Gordon.

Aaron's loved ones are currently desperate to strengthen his case against Gordon, but Robert will make a very foolish mistake when he decides to pervert the course of justice.

© ITV
    Robert is taken aback when Chas calls on him for a favour

Robert's scheme involves Gordon's neighbour Ryan, who's played by former Britain's Got Talent winner George Sampson.

Knowing that Aaron's case will have a much better chance of going to trial if a second 'victim' comes forward, Robert pays Ryan to make a false statement against Gordon. And much to Robert's relief, the opportunistic Ryan is more than happy to oblige...

Ryan Hawley, who plays Robert, revealed: "Robert sets up this fake victim to strengthen Aaron's case, because people are starting to doubt him. He thinks that if someone else makes allegations that Gordon has sexually assaulted them, there'll be a better chance of Gordon standing trial.

"Robert wouldn't be doing this if he thought it might destroy Aaron's case. He just wants what's best for Aaron and he thinks that this is the best way to make Gordon face justice."

When Gordon learns of the new allegations, he storms straight over to The Woolpack and accuses Aaron's mum Chas of paying off Ryan.

Gordon quickly turns violent by shoving Chas against a wall, which leads to the police being called again. But with Chas now asking questions of her own, Robert has to tell her the truth about his cunning plan.

Hawley continued: "Robert has to come clean to Chas. She's obviously really upset and angry about it, but Robert explains it all to her and says they're doing this for Aaron's benefit. It takes a bit of convincing, but he knows she'll understand.

"They do then get the news that the police are able to charge Gordon, which is what they've been hoping for. Setting up a fake witness obviously has risks, as Robert could go to jail for perverting the course of justice. So it's a massive relief that everything has gone according to plan."

With one crisis averted, Robert later panics all over again when Ryan arrives in the village and reveals that he's now having cold feet about the deal.

Robert wins Ryan round by offering him even more cash to continue as planned, but Aaron gets suspicious when he sees the pair together and demands answers.

© ITV
    Robert gives Ryan more money

© ITV
    Aaron sees Robert talking to Ryan

After hearing what Robert has done and strongly disapproving, Aaron pays his own visit to Ryan, who ultimately decides to withdraw his statement.

The police decide to charge Gordon anyway, but could this fiasco come back to haunt Aaron at the trial? And where does it leave the on-off relationship between Aaron and Robert?

"At the moment their relationship is very much about Robert supporting Aaron and being there for him, which I think is really nice," Hawley explained. "I think we're seeing a different side of Robert now, but it's a rocky road and who knows where it'll end?

"Robert is facing the fact that he loves Aaron now. I don't think it's in the forefront of his mind right now, because he's just trying to look after someone who's very damaged. He just wants to support Aaron because he cares about him."

© ITV
    Robert and Aaron have a serious chat

Asked whether the popular couple can be happy, Hawley replied: "I don't know! I don't think you can ever be happy in a continuing drama because that doesn't really leave much space for drama, does it? There needs to be ups and downs.

"But I enjoy working with Danny. We both get on very well, we really enjoy working with each other and we have chemistry. So I really hope there's a long future for the relationship."

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...f-child-abuse/

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-02-2016), tammyy2j (23-02-2016)

Emmerdale's new boss Iain MacLeod certainly knows how to please the 'Robron' fans - confirming that the popular pair will get their happy ending.

The former lovers are currently 'just good friends', as Robert Sugden continues to support Aaron Livesy following the revelation of his dark past. However, MacLeod has now revealed that there's a long-term future for 'Robron' as a proper couple - at last!

"I love Aaron and Robert as a couple - 'Robron' is a real thing," MacLeod told All About Soap. "They're staying together, though it will be a bumpy road as it always is with Aaron.

"Liv, Aaron's sister, will challenge their relationship because she and Robert won't get on and will be competing for Aaron's affections. I want the viewers to see that Aaron can have a bit of stability and happiness.

"Obviously Robert is a complicated character, and Aaron has a complicated story, but I want to put them together for a while to see what happens - they haven't been a proper couple yet."

Viewers saw a major turning point in the pair's relationship last month, when Aaron told Robert that he was repeatedly raped by his evil father Gordon throughout his childhood. Since then, Robert has done all he can to help Aaron.

MacLeod continued: "Their relationship will have more ups and downs, and the pay-off to the Gordon story will play a big part in what happens next for the pair. It's all about whether Robert steps up to the plate for Aaron in his hour of need.

"I hope viewers will be pleased. I really wanted 'Robron' to have a happy ending, and to my immense joy, that is going to happen."

Aaron realises Liv is his sister
    © ITV
    The producer, who took over from Kate Oates in January, also confirmed that newcomer Liv will be a permanent addition to the show. Young actress Isobel Steele has been cast in the role of Liv, who makes her first appearance on screen this week.

Digital Spy

Perverting the course of justice never ends well in Soapland, but Emmerdale's Robert Sugden could be about to learn that the hard way next week.

The village's schemer recently bribed newcomer Ryan to make false abuse allegations against evil Gordon Livesy, but everyone thought they'd heard the end of it when Ryan later withdrew the allegations.

Unfortunately, Robert (Ryan Hawley) hasn't counted on Aaron's half-sister Liv - who's currently on a secret mission to boost Gordon's defence case ahead of his upcoming rape trial.

Gordon is now only days away from facing court for his horrific abuse of Aaron. Still as sinister as ever, he'll try anything to escape a jail sentence and sees manipulating Liv as the best way forward.

Liv (Isobel Steele) may think that she's playing everyone for fools, but Aaron's mum Chas starts to become suspicious next week when she sees that drawers have been rummaged through at the pub and Noah tells her it was Liv.

Chas's discovery isn't quite enough to see the back of Liv, who soon has another secret meeting with Gordon to share everything she knows.

When Gordon manipulates Liv into agreeing to get further proof, she starts asking Robert some very difficult questions.

Worried over what the teen's intentions really are, Robert explains his fears to Aaron - unaware that Liv is listening in and recording the conversation. As the recorder captures every word, will Robert slip up and mention the Ryan bribe?

© ITV
    Liv records Aaron and Robert's conversation

© ITV
    Liv records Aaron and Robert's conversation

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Thursday, March 31 at 8pm and Friday, April 1 at 7pm on ITV.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...rap-next-week/

Robert Sugden will be left devastated next week as he realises that he may have jeopardised Aaron Livesy's abuse case.

Robert's world crumbles when he discovers that Aaron's scheming half-sister Liv has secretly recorded him having a very damning conversation.

Viewers have already seen Liv (Isobel Steele) turn double agent in order to help her evil father Gordon, looking for evidence which could help him when he goes on trial for rape next month.

Liv finally gets what she's looking for this Friday (April 1) when she records Robert speaking about how he bribed Ryan into making false sex abuse allegations against Gordon.

As she considers what to do with the recording, Liv starts to have second thoughts about who she can really trust. Meeting up with Gordon (Gary Mavers), she admits that she now believes Aaron and doesn't want to help him anymore.

When Gordon turns dark and scares Liv by losing his temper, she rushes back to The Woolpack in tears and drops herself in it when she mentions Ryan.

Aaron (Danny Miller) is naturally furious when he realises that Liv has been spying on them for Gordon, but his anger turns to worry when his little sister runs away amid the backlash. Aaron bravely goes to confront Gordon, but the big question is what Liv will do with the recording in the meantime.

Robert (Ryan Hawley) can't believe what he's hearing when he learns that Liv has a recording of him, and even considers going to the police to confess before she can drop him in it. However, when DS Wise suddenly arrives at the pub, is it already too late? Has Robert lost the case for Aaron?

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Monday, April 4 and Tuesday, April 5 at 7pm on ITV.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...-bribing-ryan/

Thread Information