Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Sugden

Quote Originally Posted by binky321 View Post
    Very true the writing has made it so difficult for Aaron & Robert but I feel they maybe are building up to them getting together down the track there was a definite thawing of relations in last week's episodes Robert pleaded for Aaron to trust him & he was impressed & grateful when he got Doug to back off of Chas. But it seems Aaron is going to be more preoccupied with his parent's & with his dad's return & whatever that brings for him & Robert with Diane & the pub I don't see them reuniting much before February at the earliest as frustrating as it is but I think Emmerdale know what they have with them they are keeping things on going with the little interactions not shutting the door like they have with the Laurel/Marlon relationship.

The fact Aaron too has done things & is a flawed character himself means they can go there again & as he said in the rewind episode 'he'd still take him back like a shot' they just need to redeem Robert in his eyes with the right storyline/writing it could be done. Robert is no worse than that of Ross/Cain, the killing of Katie was accidental as was the firing the gun at Paddy - What happened at the lodge was awful no doubt but it's no worse than Ross trying to kill Pete x 2 & shooting of Robert and everything else & what Cain has done is on a par including abducting & torturing Robert & nearly switching of his life support among other previous misdemeanors & they are still there & have people invested in them.
    excellent points you are giving me hope! I am dying for Aaron and Robert to reunite but I am scarred it will be short lived. I just hope if the writers get Aaron and Robert back together they become a gay supercouple. The last gay supercouple was Christian and Syed on Eastenders.

Robert is my bae. I love him so much. I'm just sad he's been so underused in the last few weeks. It's almost like the writers don't know what to do with him anymore

I love Robert too I hope they eventually work it out for him and Aaron to end up together, I'm interested what they will do with Robert next year but Robert has been leading the way with big story lines most of the year (along with Ross) I don't think a bit of a break will be the worst thing for him as long as it doesn't go on too long. I'm glad Aaron is getting a storyline of his own because he has been way under used these past few months. I'm sure Robert will play a part in this & the actor has probably had a bit of a break after a busy year.

The writers need to give Robert more screentime!

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    excellent points you are giving me hope! I am dying for Aaron and Robert to reunite but I am scarred it will be short lived. I just hope if the writers get Aaron and Robert back together they become a gay supercouple. The last gay supercouple was Christian and Syed on Eastenders.
    Robert and Aaron are terrible together, it makes Robert look stronger than he actually is and it makes Aaron look much weaker than what he is.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alcapo11 For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (22-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Personally i think without Robert emmerdale will be quite boring, is it me but people always like the good guy whereas i think the bad guys always bring the entertainment, and andy has always caused the trouble but Robert has one of them attitudes that makes people think that he has begun the events that are so good to watch but devastaing to the village.

Your thoughts please.
    Characters like Robert and Ross are great and they don't need to be redeemed or justification. Every soap needs villains and Emmerdale has the best atm.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alcapo11 For This Useful Post:

JessicaMad (22-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by alcapo11 View Post
    Robert and Aaron are terrible together, it makes Robert look stronger than he actually is and it makes Aaron look much weaker than what he is.
    One of the reasons being Robert is not
    predominately gay. He has become bisexual
    recently but I think would revert to straight if
    the price was right.

Aaron after a short time with a girl friend has
    been gay. He needs Robert more than Robert
    needs him - which makes him seem more
    needy.
    Its not an equal relationship of 2 bisexuals
    or 2 gay men
    Last edited by maidmarian; 22-12-2015 at 19:06.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Perdita (22-12-2015), sarah c (02-01-2016), tammyy2j (22-12-2015)

The ratings say otherwise when Aaron and Robert have a big storyline together the ratings go up. The Emmerdale writers know Aaron and Robert are popular they are both alpha males. Aaron has never had another gay man really challenge him like the way Robert does.

The ratings say otherwise when Aaron and Robert have a big storyline together the ratings go up. The Emmerdale writers know Aaron and Robert are popular they are both alpha males. Aaron has never had another gay man really challenge him like the way Robert does.

Robert has brought out a whole new dimension to Aaron, it was exciting to see Aaron fully embrace his sexuality and desires the way he did with his passion for Robert. It showed huge character development for him. I don't think it's a case of being weak or strong Aaron has long been a damaged and vulnerable character who needs careful handling - the upcoming Gordon story line may shed some light on as to why. The chemistry between them is off the charts which has made it so popular. I'm looking forward to where things go from here for both of them both as individuals and hopefully if they reunite them next year.

Thread Information