Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Sugden

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    To celebrate the one year anniversary of the start of Robert and Aaron's love affair, Emmerdale today released a video compilation on YouTube of Robert and Aaron's moments together.

''Emmerdale - The Robert And Aaron Affair Story'', 17m 26s

\"All your favourite RobRon moments! Robert and Aaron's story is fraught with pain and hate, but they just couldn't keep their hands off each other.\"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpiDms_T3NA
    Okay the show did this but why keep the most important couple apart just because they are gay? Hollyoaks got several gay male couples. Emmerdale is wasting Robert and Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    To celebrate the one year anniversary of the start of Robert and Aaron's love affair, Emmerdale today released a video compilation on YouTube of Robert and Aaron's moments together.

''Emmerdale - The Robert And Aaron Affair Story'', 17m 26s

\"All your favourite RobRon moments! Robert and Aaron's story is fraught with pain and hate, but they just couldn't keep their hands off each other.\"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpiDms_T3NA
    Okay the show did this but why keep the most important couple apart just because they are gay? Hollyoaks got several gay male couples. Emmerdale is wasting Robert and Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    Robert has shot Paddy, held Aaron hostage, nearly buried Paddy alive and Aaron doesn't even know about the time Robert called a hitman on Chas how on earth could they work now?

Robert has shot Paddy, held Aaron hostage, nearly buried Paddy alive and Aaron doesn't even know about the time Robert called a hitman on Chas how on earth could they work now?

Quote Originally Posted by alcapo11 View Post
    And other characters have done far worst. Cain had a role in destroying Moira marriage to John Barton yet now people love Cain and Moira together. Aaron and Robert have done terrible things to each other yet no gay kiss in five months. Seems like double standards between straight and gay couples.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Serena Williams For This Useful Post:

binky321 (08-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by alcapo11 View Post
    And other characters have done far worst. Cain had a role in destroying Moira marriage to John Barton yet now people love Cain and Moira together. Aaron and Robert have done terrible things to each other yet no gay kiss in five months. Seems like double standards between straight and gay couples.

I'm not saying people don't like them together I'm just saying the writing for them hasn't given them much chance.

I'm not saying people don't like them together I'm just saying the writing for them hasn't given them much chance.

Very true the writing has made it so difficult for Aaron & Robert but I feel they maybe are building up to them getting together down the track there was a definite thawing of relations in last week's episodes Robert pleaded for Aaron to trust him & he was impressed & grateful when he got Doug to back off of Chas. But it seems Aaron is going to be more preoccupied with his parent's & with his dad's return & whatever that brings for him & Robert with Diane & the pub I don't see them reuniting much before February at the earliest as frustrating as it is but I think Emmerdale know what they have with them they are keeping things on going with the little interactions not shutting the door like they have with the Laurel/Marlon relationship.

The fact Aaron too has done things & is a flawed character himself means they can go there again & as he said in the rewind episode 'he'd still take him back like a shot' they just need to redeem Robert in his eyes with the right storyline/writing it could be done. Robert is no worse than that of Ross/Cain, the killing of Katie was accidental as was the firing the gun at Paddy - What happened at the lodge was awful no doubt but it's no worse than Ross trying to kill Pete x 2 & shooting of Robert and everything else & what Cain has done is on a par including abducting & torturing Robert & nearly switching of his life support among other previous misdemeanors & they are still there & have people invested in them.

Quote Originally Posted by binky321 View Post
    Very true the writing has made it so difficult for Aaron & Robert but I feel they maybe are building up to them getting together down the track there was a definite thawing of relations in last week's episodes Robert pleaded for Aaron to trust him & he was impressed & grateful when he got Doug to back off of Chas. But it seems Aaron is going to be more preoccupied with his parent's & with his dad's return & whatever that brings for him & Robert with Diane & the pub I don't see them reuniting much before February at the earliest as frustrating as it is but I think Emmerdale know what they have with them they are keeping things on going with the little interactions not shutting the door like they have with the Laurel/Marlon relationship.

The fact Aaron too has done things & is a flawed character himself means they can go there again & as he said in the rewind episode 'he'd still take him back like a shot' they just need to redeem Robert in his eyes with the right storyline/writing it could be done. Robert is no worse than that of Ross/Cain, the killing of Katie was accidental as was the firing the gun at Paddy - What happened at the lodge was awful no doubt but it's no worse than Ross trying to kill Pete x 2 & shooting of Robert and everything else & what Cain has done is on a par including abducting & torturing Robert & nearly switching of his life support among other previous misdemeanors & they are still there & have people invested in them.
    excellent points you are giving me hope! I am dying for Aaron and Robert to reunite but I am scarred it will be short lived. I just hope if the writers get Aaron and Robert back together they become a gay supercouple. The last gay supercouple was Christian and Syed on Eastenders.

Thread Information