Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Sugden

So was Andy in Emmerdale village on the night of Friday September 2015?

There isn't any confirmed evidence yet of Andy being in Emmerdale village on the night of September 25th 2015 when Robert was shot. So far, Andy has an apparent alibi for being at a mental health unit (in Hotton?) from the afternoon of September 25th for several days.

Aaron told Chas in jail during the Friday episode, October 16th, that he had been looking for Andy at the garage.

We know that Andy has access to a phone though, as he phoned Diane's mobile that night just before Robert was shot. His words were very cryptic.

(Diane has just come into the downstairs hall. She calls up the stairs.)

Diane: Andy. Are you back, love?

(In the pub private lounge upstairs. Victoria picks up the broken framed photo of Robert and Chrissie's wedding from the floor. Diane walks in as Diane's mobile phone rings.)

© ITV
    Diane gets Andy's phone call just before Robert gets shot

Victoria:
    Is it him?

Diane (talking to phone):
    Oh, you gave us such a scare. (switches mobile phone to speaker mode)

Andy (on phone):
    I'm sorry. (sounds out of breath)

Where are you?

Andy (on phone):
    Maybe Katie was leaving me. (background has hollow echo. poorly furnished room? garage?)
    Maybe that bit is true. But Robert did kill her. I could bet my life on it.

Victoria (talking to phone):
    No, Andy, just please come home and we can sort it all owt.

Andy (on phone):
    He told me what he did to her. If you'd have heard that, you'd do the same as me. Anybody would. Anybody who's lost what I've lost. (sounds upset)

Andy. Listen to me. Don't you dare do anything. The way you're feeling now, it'll pass. We will get you better. Promise me and Victoria you wouldn't do anything. Just tell us where you are.

Andy (on phone):
    I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Victoria (talking to phone):
    No, Andy.

(Andy ends the phone call)

(Scene switches of back of pub in car park where Chas and Robert are arguing. About a minute later, Robert gets shot.)

© ITV
    Chas and Robert argue / The moment that Robert gets shot

So, we are led for now to think that Andy was around Emmerdale, upset and planning to do something to Robert and, sure enough, Robert got shot about a minute later after Andy ended his phone conversation with Diane. It was only several days later that we found out that Andy claimed to have been in a mental health unit away from Emmerdale from before Robert was shot to when Andy returns to Emmerdale several days later.

Reading again through Andy's phone conversation with Diane now knowing he was supposed to be in a mental health unit from before at the time, does make sense. Andy was upset about Katie, sorry for worrying Diane by leaving Emmerdale without telling her where he was going and how Andy was too upset to talk for too long on the phone. In this state, it seems unlikely that Andy could be a silent marksman assassin waiting in the dark near the back of the pub ready to shoot Robert, apparently a minute or so after the phone call ended. But Andy may of course have earlier set up some sort of hitman to ensure Robert got his comeuppance to pay for what Andy (still) thinks Robert did to Katie. If so, Andy's phone call to Diane could be a sort of guilty apology for what Andy knows what is about to happen to Robert and when?

Robert had previously been in his flat's lounge himself with Lawrence when Robert received a text message from someone. Robert then left Lawrence alone in the lounge saying he had "somewhere to be". (After this is when I reckon Lawrence broke the wedding photo.) Robert is then next seen walking up to Chas in the car park at the back of the pub, BUT I suspect we as TV viewers might have been fooled here and there's a blacked-out scene between Robert leaving the lounge and him meeting Chas.

At first viewing, it looks like Chas texted Robert, whilst Robert was in Robert's lounge, to arrange the meeting. But what if it wasn't Chas, and Chas just happened by coincidence to be taking a break and getting some fresh air? I think there is an entrance to Robert's flat at the back of the pub, so anyone waiting there for long enough would see Robert going in and out of it.

If Andy had set up a hitman to shoot Robert, where would he get money from to pay for it? Maybe Katie had life insurance or Andy had cash from selling a house he had? Duncan Lindsay wrote in the Metro for 3/9/15 that when Andy found out the truth about Robert killing Katie then TV viewers should "prepare for the mother of all payoffs". This phrase has been bugging me in a big way for what it could mean for the past six weeks! Well, Andy using a hitman to kill Robert for money would definitely make that spoiler come true in a big mother way!

Of course, a number of villagers could have set up a hitman for Robert. Chrissie and Lawrence have money. I imagine that Cain could raise cash at short notice from some sort of deal or another. Just about anyone with money who wanted to end Robert but not do it personally could "sub-contract". The hitman could even do the job for a reason other than money (blackmailed by someone? personal revenge?).

We've been promised a big twist and surprise at the end on Thursday, October 22nd. Well, we haven't had a big twist yet really, so we're all still really waiting on that. One biggish twist is going to be on Thursday, though, when the police tell Diane and Victoria that Aaron is the wrong man (I think forensics tell that Aaron's gun wasn't the gun that shot Robert). Just exactly where Aaron got Aaron's gun from will hopefully be explained in the 'rewind' episode.

What I now think that we might see during the 'rewind' episode on TV to be aired on Thursday October 22nd, is that the scenes we've already watched from September 25th were edited so that there were blacked-out scenes. Maybe what we saw on TV on September 25th just didn't connect properly from scene-to-scene and what we need are the 'missing links'? For example, when we saw how Robert got a mobile text message when Robert was in his lounge with Lawrence, the next scene showed how Robert was walking to the pub car park where Chas was standing. We TV viewers for now do not know what happened during the time between Robert leaving the lounge and him arriving and talking to Chas. I suspect that the 'rewind' episode (which spoilers say will explain what really happened in Emmerdale over 2 hours before Robert got shot) will answer questions like this by showing any blacked-out scenes to fill in our knowledge and timeline gaps about what really happened on the night that Robert got shot.

I'm expecting to experience something like what happens in the film "The Sixth Sense"? Watching this film for the first time without knowing how it ends makes the viewer see the story for a 'normal' perspective. Once the ending is known, a second viewing of the film from the 'unusual' perspective is a completely different experience, even though it's the same film, script, actors, everything. This is what makes this film so good. The 'rewind' Emmerdale episode is supposed to be a 'first' for a soap, so maybe this altered perspective theme will be used here too to surprise and thrill us all?

If I was an Emmerdale storyliner, I would want Robert's shooter to be the person who hates Robert enough to 'do the deed' with his/her own finger on the trigger, someone who is happy to have blood on their hands, someone like Andy/Chrissie/Lachlan/Lawrence/Aaron/Chas/Adam, someone with an emotional attachment and ready to get final rewarding personal payback. If it turns out that the person who shot Robert does it for someone else and just for the money from an emotionally detached perspective (as a real hitman would), I'll be really disappointed and think that a great opportunity for a terrific storyline has been missed at the end of Kate Oates's three-year job as Emmerdale Series Producer.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 20-10-2015 at 16:51.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (20-10-2015)

could it be eric to frame chrissie

Quote Originally Posted by uberfan View Post
    Just a thought, could it have been Emma, trying to shoot Chaz? Not knowing how to use a pistol, she missed and shot Robert. Emma is now terrorising Chaz.
    interesting twist???

Quote Originally Posted by uberfan View Post
    Just a thought, could it have been Emma, trying to shoot Chaz? Not knowing how to use a pistol, she missed and shot Robert. Emma is now terrorising Chaz.
    Yes, I thought on 14th October about the possibility of Emma shooting Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    14/10/15
    We have all been so far led to think that Robert was the intended shooting target but maybe it isn't 'Who shot Robert' but 'Who shot at Chas and missed and shot Robert'? Just what a massive Chas-stalker twist and Robert non-story hoot that would be?
    But then I started checking and realised that Emma and James were away from Emmerdale from 17th Sep to 12th Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    16/10/15
    Although it would be a terrific twist that Robert's shooter was aiming at Chas but missed, the shooter in this scenario of course could not have been Emma, as Emma and James left Emmerdale on Thursday September 17th to look after Nana Barton who had just suffered a stroke. Emma and James didn't return to Emmerdale until Monday October 12th, so James and Emma were on 'actor holiday' when Robert was shot during the September 25th TV episode.
    So Emma seems to have an alibi of sorts but how solid is this and is this yet another red herring for the 'Who shot Robert' storyline?

Paddy is currently 3rd favourite (4/1) in the betfair.com betting odds at oddchecker.com, Emma is currently 2nd favourite (7/2), with Ross being favourite at 8/15. skybet.com has similar prices for the same three characters.

Latest betting odds for Emmerdale - Who shot Robert Sugden at oddschecker.com:
    http://bettingzone.oddschecker.com/t...-robert-sugden

Chas was questioned by Detective Sergeant Hart at the back of the Woolpack during the Wednesday October 14th reconstruction episode.

DS Hart: In your statement you say you were standing here, facing this way.

Chas: (Standing where she was when Robert was shot at the back of The Woolpack)
    Yeah. I was talking to Robert. I was here and he was there.

DS Hart: And did you hear anything before the shot was fired?

Chas: No. Nothing. Nobody.

© ITV
    Chas standing where she was when she was talking to Robert

DS Hart: And where do you think the shot came from?

Chas: There. (Points behind towards the corner at the back of Pear Tree Cottage)
    I felt the bullet. Felt a whoosh of air.

© ITV
    Chas says she felt a whoosh of air

DS Hart: OK so I'll stand here where you say you were, and if you walk to where you think the gunman was standing.

Chas: (Stands next to the stone wallpost behind Pear Tree Cottage)
    Here. It had to be here.

© ITV
    Chas stands where she thinks the shot came from

Diane: Lawrence said he shot him from that direction. (points towards corner garages.)

Adam: What there?

© ITV
    Aaron is agitated and looks shiftily at Adam

Vic: And Chas would lie because...?

Andy: Well you tell me?

(Chas walks back to the DS Hart.)

DS Hart: OK, er...so what happened next?

Chas: I heard the, I heard the shot. And then he just crumpled into my arms.

DS Hart: It's OK. Take your time.

Chas: I stood up. (Gasps) I'm sorry.

DS Hart: If you need a break.

© ITV
    Aaron gets really agitated when Chas starts to talk about the moment that Robert got shot

Chas: No thanks.

DS Hart: Did you turn to see who fired the shot?

Chas: All I saw was Robert. All I could hear was the noise in my head. It just happened so quickly.

DS Hart: Who was the first person on the scene?

Chas: Aaron. My son.

© ITV
    Aaron looks at Adam

DS Hart: And where did he come from?

Chas: I don't know, I can't remember. All I saw was Robert struggling to breathe. I'm sorry, that's all I can remember.

I'm expecting the shooter to turn out to be an existing Emmerdale villager rather than a new character or external hitman, and I am really hoping that the shooter personally shot Robert for a very strong emotional reason and wasn't someone just paid by another person to pull the trigger instead.

Clearly the shooter was either an incredible shot (managing to hit target Robert near his heart and missing Chas as well when she was so near) or the shooter missed target Chas because the shooter was a young/inexperienced person or a very daring/over-confident person. One question I have is, if the shooter really wanted to be sure of shooting someone dead at such close range, why didn't the shooter use a more powerful handgun and bullet? This is one reason why I don't think the shooter was a professional hitman from outside Emmerdale.

Although we've all been led to believe that Aaron has been covering for Chas, I think he's also been covering for spmeone else. I think Aaron may have seen and run past someone in the alley behind Pear Tree Cottage on the night of September 25th 2015 as he ran from the garage to the car park behind The Woolpack, maybe stopping at the door recess behind Pear Tree Cottage to look at the scene of Chas kneeling next to Robert at the back of the car park? Aaron hasn't yet said anything about passing or seeing anyone in the alley yet, however, but during the crime reconstruction on October 14th, Aaron gave several suspicious sideways glances to other villagers after DS Hart asked Chas some crucial questions, as the script and photos above show, in particular when DS Hart asked Chas who was first on the scene. We do know that several characters without known alibis yet, but were definitely out in the village then, were Lachlan and Ross. Chrissie claimed to have an alibi in Eric. There is evidence that Paddy was outside the village and walking towards it on the road from Robblesfield when the police arrived after Robert had been shot. The whereabouts of Cain and Adam are completely unknown so far, but there was no camera view of either in the pub earlier when Aaron was drinking in there and talking to Chas or in the village before, during and just after the shooting.

This 'Who shot Robert' storyline has been one of the most thought-provoking soap storylines for ages, full of red herrings and false leads. The news blackout for reliable spoilers for the shooter's identity has been like nothing else for ages too. No reliable primary news source has yet answered the question of 'Who shot Robert' by publishing any clear words like "...Robert was shot by (name)...". The available reliable spoilers for weeks 26th-30th October and 2nd-6th November suggest that nothing major changes in the village after the 'rewind' revelations which we TV viewers will see on Oct 22nd, so maybe we get to know who Robert's shooter was but the villagers remain 'in the dark' and the case is unsolved for them for now?

Video showing crime reconstruction on Emmerdale 14th October 2015 (21min 53sec) at:
    www.dailymotion.com/video/x39ojrn
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 22-10-2015 at 11:11.

ITV has released a video trailer for the Emmerdale Rewind episode to be shown tonight. Another video is also available online which shows the filming of scenes during the making the the Rewind episode.

Emmerdale's Rewind hour-long episode airs tonight on ITV from 8pm.

© ITV
    Aaron waits in the door recess and looks down the alley then looks at the scene behind the pub

ITV Video Trailer: Emmerdale Rewind 22 October (34 sec)
    It's time to rewind the clocks... #WhoShotRobert at:
    http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/extras/...merdale-rewind

Behind the scenes video of the making of the Rewind episode at:
    http://footprintsandfingerprints.tum...hotrob-episode

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (22-10-2015)

Kate Oates is due to leave Emmerdale as Series Producer in December 2015.

Surely, the 'Who shot Robert' storyline has to be Kate Oates's 'crowning glory', the BIG BANG! for her and a truly cracking and unforgettable Emmerdale exit storyline for TV viewers?

I really don't believe that Kate Oates would be very happy if her exit Emmerdale storyline is anything other than a well-thought out, completely-kept-secret and alternative surprise ending to 'thrill and shock' all of us Emmerdale TV viewers.

Are you aware there has been a leak? I won't reveal the details. It's a shame because a lot of people have had the episode ruined.

I think Kate Oates has a major thing for Michael Parr (Ross) that he is involved in many major storylines

Overall I was disappointed in the flashback hour episode with the reveal of Ross as the shooter for Andy and Paddy being exposed as a cheat and Ashley potentially having dementia

Yes me too, Emmerdale has become Rossdale and I'm disappointed he had to muscle in on this storyline. I wanted it to be more focussed on the people who had been victim's of Robert. Aaron, Lawrence & Chrissie barely featured & yet again the wrong person is in jail. Free Aaron

13. The Following User Says Thank You to binky321 For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (23-10-2015)

Thread Information