Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Sugden

dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 18-09-2015 at 05:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    I think the shooter is a hit man it would need to be a professional to get a clean shot. The gun man would be far away and no one could see him. Only a professional could have that accuracy. Maybe Lawrence or Chrissie is behind the shooting they hired a hit man to take Robert out. It would be too easy for it to be Lachlan or Andy too predictable.
    Lawrence confesses to save Chrissie as he thinks she is guilty

Could Robert have arranged the hit on himself, maybe hired his friend Connor

I still think it could be Paddy

Emmerdale star Danny Miller has hinted that the 'Who Shot Robert Sugden?' mystery won't rumble on for months.

The actor, who plays Aaron Livesy, appeared on ITV's Good Morning Britain today (September 25) to tease tonight's explosive episodes which see Robert gunned down by a mystery assailant in the village.

Offering an insider's view on the storyline, Miller confirmed that the cast and crew have been aware of the culprit's identity from the start, as it won't take too long before viewers see the big reveal.

The show has taken a different approach to rival soap EastEnders, which kept most of its own team in the dark over Lucy Beale's killer until the last minute this year.

"I think people do it differently. If you want to do it that way, it's fine. If you want to tell people, it's fine. Either way it works," Miller explained.

"I think we know as a cast because it was never supposed to be as long as some of the others have gone on. We knew so that we could play it the way we wanted to play it, which I think is easier because you're not constantly worrying, 'Is it you, is it me?' You know and you just play it the way the script says then."

Who shoots Robert Sugden?
    © ITV

Emmerdale has previously teased fans by hinting that the big reveal will take place in a very unusual way, but Miller kept tight-lipped about exactly what to expect.

He laughed: "I've got to be dead careful what I say! It's something that hasn't been done in soaps, as far as I'm concerned. It's something that's completely different. I think it's a really clever way of telling it.

"You have to be careful with these whodunits, because there's been so many of them that you've got to make your little mark on it. This particular episode - the reveal - will."

When Aaron calls Robert a pathetic coward, Robert angrily winds him up
    © ITV

Aaron is among the many suspects in the mystery after his turbulent on-off relationship with Robert over the past year.

"He's the first on the scene," Miller confirmed. "Naturally he's in there with the suspects. Robert's upset so many people in the village, so it could be anybody. Moreso Aaron than anybody else, because he's been his love interest and his dirty secret if you like. I think he's got more reason than anybody!"

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    Emmerdale's planning a special rewind episode to reveal who shot Robert Sugden

By Sophie Dainty
    Wednesday, Sep 30 2015, 18:00 BST

Emmerdale will air a special flashback episode next month as viewers discover what happened on the night Robert Sugden was shot and who was responsible.

The must-see, hour-long episode will answer the question that has been keeping fans guessing for weeks, as well as revealing two other secrets that are set to change the village forever.

© ITV
    Emmerdale promo picture for rewind episode

Last week, viewers saw the tables turn for Robert when a mystery assailant shot him in the chest, leaving him fighting for his life.

Not only was Robert responsible for the death of his brother's wife Katie earlier this year, but he has made several enemies in recent months, leaving a number of characters in the frame.

While the main focus of the rewind episode will explore the crucial moments leading up to the shooting, two other secrets from that night will be revealed, setting the scene for an explosive winter.

One character that has been acting suspiciously since the night in question is Paddy Kirk. Viewers will have noticed that Paddy has been very cagey about his whereabouts since the incident, but did he shoot Robert or is he hiding another secret?

Robert collapses to the floor with a gunshot wound

Emmerdale's producer Kate Oates explained: \"This won't be the first time Emmerdale has broken its 'house style' of storytelling; but it will be the first time we've told a story in a non-linear way.

\"What makes this 'rewind' episode special is that we won't just learn who shot Robert, but two other big secrets that will propel the show into an exciting, emotional and dramatic winter.\"

The special flashback episode is due to air at the end of October to tie in with the show's 43rd anniversary.

Read more at: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...rt-sugden.html
    I thought this would be best in this thread

Another theory I have seen was Ross did it, hired by Robert himself

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I thought this would be best in this thread

Another theory I have seen was Ross did it, hired by Robert himself
    Yes, the idea about a storyline involving a joint venture shooting for Robert has bothered me too for quite a while, I was wondering about this just earlier today again too.

A classic single-shooter storyline would be expected to involve a close family member (Lachlan, Andy, Chrissie, Lawrence) or former boyfriend Aaron. My choice for this person for now is Lachlan.

A while back (on 03/09/15), there was a reliable metro.co.uk spoiler (from Duncan Lindsay) which said that Andy was going to have a major "payoff". Not payback to Robert for what he's done to Andy (and others) but "payoff". Now "payoff" literally suggests some set-up and reward for someone else to "do the deed". Of course, any storyline involving a second- or third-party is a complex sort of scenario which we, as TV viewers, couldn't foresee real details of, not as far as the identity of the shooter or time and place of the shooting go. But so far, no "payoff" storyline like this has been seen for Andy. Andy's alibi during Robert's shooting (Andy was checked in to a mental health unit at the time, apparently?) only proves he wasn't in Emmerdale at the time of the shooting. But this doesn't mean that Andy didn't first set up something to happen to Robert in Andy's absence.

>
    Emmerdale spoilers: 10 sneaky teasers for an exciting Autumn 2015 in the village
    Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    Thursday 3 Sep 2015 7:59 pm

5. Andy is determined to find out what truly happened to his beloved Katie and, with Aaron’s number being on the phone bill, it can only be a matter of time before the pieces come together. And, when they do, prepare for the mother of all payoffs. This story has been building for over a year and the results are worth the wait…

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/03/emmerd...llage-5375060/
    >
    Source:
    http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...772#post829772

So what could have happened in a joint venture?

1)
    Andy hires/arranges a "payoff" third-party hitman to do the shooting whilst making sure that he (Andy) himself has an alibi at a mental health unit. (But how would Aaron get the gun? Pre-arranged drop-off by the hitman, Aaron collects then disposes?)

2)
    Aaron got hold of the gun somehow, meant to shoot Robert, mum Chas was in the way at the time and someone else beat him to it and shot Robert first (Lachlan?). So the shooter (Lachlan?) disposes of his gun then Aaron disposes of his gun.

3) (I prefer this one)
    Lawrence gives the gun to Ross (it's Ross's gun anyway and Lawrence is no physical match to argue with a fit, aggressive and determined, young guy like Ross), but only on condition that Ross takes money and agrees to shoot Robert for no questions asked or further action by Lawrence about the Ross/Aaron Home Farm raid in November 2014. Aaron is in on the plan, with Aaron's part being to dispose of the gun afterwards (by putting the gun in the engine compartment of a car due to be crushed at a car crushing plant). So, Ross shoots Robert, puts the gun in a pre-arranged location near the pub, then leaves Emmerdale for a while, Aaron retrieves the gun as planned and sets up gun disposal by placing the gun in the scrapped car. (But why did Aaron wait for so long to dispose of the gun, days after Robert got shot?) Maybe later, Debbie finds out Ross shot Robert, gets scared Ross is another Cameron, and Debbie leaves Emmerdale fearing for her safety (=Charley Webb's maternity leave)?

I'm sure I could think of lots of joint venture storylines for Robert's shooting but, seeing as how Kate Oates likes "fast" storylines at present for the end of her job at Emmerdale, I don't expect anything too complicated is going to be involved with Robert's shooting, what with Kate Oates surely wanting to tie up loose ends and leave a tidy desk by New Year. However, I do wonder if there is going to be a BIG BANG storyline in December which is ultra secret right now?

Of course, any theory only stands until new reliable information contradicts it, that's when a new theory gets born until that gets disproved, etc, etc, until nothing can shake the latest theory, that's when there is final proof and the theory becomes law. Until Emmerdale shows who the shooter really was and what the storyline really was, then I'm open to all suggestions.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 01-10-2015 at 17:48.

I hope they're going to show what Lachlan threw away. He threw something in the bushes (I think) when Lawrence was trying to make him get in the car to go to the hospital.
    Last edited by Cheetah; 01-10-2015 at 17:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    I hope they're going to show what Lachlan threw away. He threw something in the bushes (I think) when Lawrence was trying to make him get in the car to go to the hospital.
    But if lachlan did it would be lazy writing. Why would Aaron protect lachlan he does not know him? Their storylines do not cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    But if lachlan did it would be lazy writing. Why would Aaron protect lachlan he does not know him? Their storylines do not cross.

Yes, the idea about a storyline involving a joint venture shooting for Robert has bothered me too for quite a while, I was wondering about this just earlier today again too.

A classic single-shooter storyline would be expected to involve a close family member (Lachlan, Andy, Chrissie, Lawrence) or former boyfriend Aaron. My choice for this person for now is Lachlan.

A while back (on 03/09/15), there was a reliable metro.co.uk spoiler (from Duncan Lindsay) which said that Andy was going to have a major \"payoff\". Not payback to Robert for what he's done to Andy (and others) but \"payoff\". Now \"payoff\" literally suggests some set-up and reward for someone else to \"do the deed\". Of course, any storyline involving a second- or third-party is a complex sort of scenario which we, as TV viewers, couldn't foresee real details of, not as far as the identity of the shooter or time and place of the shooting go. But so far, no \"payoff\" storyline like this has been seen for Andy. Andy's alibi during Robert's shooting (Andy was checked in to a mental health unit at the time, apparently?) only proves he wasn't in Emmerdale at the time of the shooting. But this doesn't mean that Andy didn't first set up something to happen to Robert in Andy's absence.

>
    Emmerdale spoilers: 10 sneaky teasers for an exciting Autumn 2015 in the village

5. Andy is determined to find out what truly happened to his beloved Katie and, with Aaron’s number being on the phone bill, it can only be a matter of time before the pieces come together. And, when they do, prepare for the mother of all payoffs. This story has been building for over a year and the results are worth the wait…

>
    Source:

1)
    Andy hires/arranges a \"payoff\" third-party hitman to do the shooting whilst making sure that he (Andy) himself has an alibi at a mental health unit. (But how would Aaron get the gun? Pre-arranged drop-off by the hitman, Aaron collects then disposes?)

2)
    Aaron got hold of the gun somehow, meant to shoot Robert, mum Chas was in the way at the time and someone else beat him to it and shot Robert first (Lachlan?). So the shooter (Lachlan?) disposes of his gun then Aaron disposes of his gun.

3) (I prefer this one)
    Lawrence gives the gun to Ross (it's Ross's gun anyway and Lawrence is no physical match to argue with a fit, aggressive and determined, young guy like Ross), but only on condition that Ross takes money and agrees to shoot Robert for no questions asked or further action by Lawrence about the Ross/Aaron Home Farm raid in November 2014. Aaron is in on the plan, with Aaron's part being to dispose of the gun afterwards (by putting the gun in the engine compartment of a car due to be crushed at a car crushing plant). So, Ross shoots Robert, puts the gun in a pre-arranged location near the pub, then leaves Emmerdale for a while, Aaron retrieves the gun as planned and sets up gun disposal by placing the gun in the scrapped car. (But why did Aaron wait for so long to dispose of the gun, days after Robert got shot?) Maybe later, Debbie finds out Ross shot Robert, gets scared Ross is another Cameron, and Debbie leaves Emmerdale fearing for her safety (=Charley Webb's maternity leave)?

I'm sure I could think of lots of joint venture storylines for Robert's shooting but, seeing as how Kate Oates likes \"fast\" storylines at present for the end of her job at Emmerdale, I don't expect anything too complicated is going to be involved with Robert's shooting, what with Kate Oates surely wanting to tie up loose ends and leave a tidy desk by New Year. However, I do wonder if there is going to be a BIG BANG storyline in December which is ultra secret right now?

Of course, any theory only stands until new reliable information contradicts it, that's when a new theory gets born until that gets disproved, etc, etc, until nothing can shake the latest theory, that's when there is final proof and the theory becomes law. Until Emmerdale shows who the shooter really was and what the storyline really was, then I'm open to all suggestions.
    I like your third theor it would make sense that Ross shot Robert for Lawrence because he quickly disappeared. The good news is Kate Oates says at the end of the month the truth will be revealed. I just hope the writers can not be predictable. Lachlan shooting Robert would be too predictable. Some people say Robert would set the shooting up on purpose to elicit sympathy. But that would be risky and crazy.

A while back (on 03/09/15), there was a reliable metro.co.uk spoiler (from Duncan Lindsay) which said that Andy was going to have a major \\"payoff\\". Not payback to Robert for what he's done to Andy (and others) but \\"payoff\\". Now \\"payoff\\" literally suggests some set-up and reward for someone else to \\"do the deed\\". Of course, any storyline involving a second- or third-party is a complex sort of scenario which we, as TV viewers, couldn't foresee real details of, not as far as the identity of the shooter or time and place of the shooting go. But so far, no \\"payoff\\" storyline like this has been seen for Andy. Andy's alibi during Robert's shooting (Andy was checked in to a mental health unit at the time, apparently?) only proves he wasn't in Emmerdale at the time of the shooting. But this doesn't mean that Andy didn't first set up something to happen to Robert in Andy's absence.

>

>
    Source:

1)
    Andy hires/arranges a \\"payoff\\" third-party hitman to do the shooting whilst making sure that he (Andy) himself has an alibi at a mental health unit. (But how would Aaron get the gun? Pre-arranged drop-off by the hitman, Aaron collects then disposes?)

2)

3) (I prefer this one)

I'm sure I could think of lots of joint venture storylines for Robert's shooting but, seeing as how Kate Oates likes \\"fast\\" storylines at present for the end of her job at Emmerdale, I don't expect anything too complicated is going to be involved with Robert's shooting, what with Kate Oates surely wanting to tie up loose ends and leave a tidy desk by New Year. However, I do wonder if there is going to be a BIG BANG storyline in December which is ultra secret right now?

I like your third theory it would make sense that Ross shot Robert for Lawrence because he quickly disappeared. The good news is Kate Oates says at the end of the month the truth will be revealed. I just hope the writers can not be predictable. Lachlan shooting Robert would be too predictable. Some people say Robert would set the shooting up on purpose to elicit sympathy. But that would be risky and crazy.
    Last edited by Serena Williams; 02-10-2015 at 20:09.

Thread Information