Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Robert Sugden

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    He punched him for a reason. Robert had an affair with Katie behind Andy's back. Just because he's Robert and he could. He didn't actually love Katie.
    I do think Robert did love Katie but he does now seem to love Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    He punched him for a reason. Robert had an affair with Katie behind Andy's back. Just because he's Robert and he could. He didn't actually love Katie.
    I still don't think Jack should have punched Robert.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Perdita (21-10-2016)

It's official – Emmerdale's popular couple Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle will be heading down the aisle next year.

Robert proposed to Aaron in very unusual circumstances this week, popping the question mid-argument before they both got caught up in a horrifying road crash and went plunging into a lake.

Later at the hospital, Aaron accepted in equally surprising fashion, telling Robert that it was a "yes" – then nearly dying straight afterwards. But let's not dwell on that, as he was fine in the end. *breathes sigh of relief*

When Digital Spy attended an Emmerdale press conference last week, we asked show producer Iain MacLeod for some early hints on what we can actually expect from a Robron wedding. (You can thank us later, Robron fans.)

Asked whether it'll be a big event, Iain replied: "It is. I have read it already, I can reveal, and it is really heartbreaking. It is big emotionally.

"In keeping with their characters, I don't think anybody is expecting dancing girls and show tunes. It's quite raw and honest, and it has got a healthy dose of Dingle craziness at the heart of it that threatens to derail things.

"It is huge emotional territory, but it's not dancing girls and 'Dancing Queen'. It is kind of more Robert and Aaron than that, which I hope people will like. It's happening next year."

Danny Miller, who plays Aaron, was also present for the press conference – so this was all news to him, as he hasn't read the wedding script himself yet.

Danny laughed: "I was just listening in! I haven't read anything myself yet. Like Iain said, it's next year. We only really get scripts about two or three weeks before we record them, so I've not read anything yet.

"I think Iain's right that it would be against the characters if it was too big, or a stereotypical big pink wedding. I think it's nice that they keep it to more of a Dingle-type celebration, I guess."

Iain was also quizzed on what he makes of the Robron craze, which began when his predecessor Kate Oates decided to put the pair together in 2014.

Iain admitted: "I have never seen anything like it, to be honest. It is a phenomenon – the Robron phenomenon. I was aware of it before I came to Emmerdale and you think you understand it. But it's only when you are immersed in it you realise how passionately our audience care about those two characters.

"They have been through so much and survived it, so the audience are rooting for them and so am I fundamentally.

"I should also say a quick word on the Robron episode you watched this week. The writer Maxine Alderton, one of our very many talented writers, is a huge Robron fan. She has got Robron dolls and stickers on her laptop, so there was never any doubt about who would write that particular episode as she is a massive superfan.

"There are a lot of them on the team and we are rooting for them. We are properly rooting for them."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (22-10-2016)

Maybe one of them can borrow Emma's blood stained dress

If you were starting to fear that Emmerdale's Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle would never make it down the aisle (despite all those promises), here's the proof that will leave you breathing a huge sigh of relief.

It turns out that the popular couple's wedding is actually being filmed today - as Ryan Hawley has confirmed himself in an Instagram live video.

Emmerdale went live with the big announcement at lunchtime, although Ryan wasn't really giving too many details away.

At least we got to see a first look at him in his suit, though?

Ryan told fans: "Hello, we're live from ITV Studios and today I'm filming a wedding!"

Sorry, Robron fans, you really weren't getting any more gossip than that! At least not yet.

The good news couldn't have come at a better time for the Robron army, as Aaron's paranoia over Robert's friendship with Rebecca White pushes their relationship to breaking point this week.

In despair as he fears losing Robert, Aaron even takes his frustrations out on Finn Barton's boyfriend Kasim by brutally beating him up.

But even though Aaron gets himself arrested in the aftermath, it looks like he won't be losing Robert's support - phew.

Aaron and Robert get a call from the police in Emmerdale
    © ITV
    Teasing the Robron wedding, Emmerdale's producer Iain MacLeod said last year: "It is really heartbreaking. It is big emotionally.

"In keeping with their characters, I don't think anybody is expecting dancing girls and show tunes. It's quite raw and honest, and it has got a healthy dose of Dingle craziness at the heart of it that threatens to derail things.

"It is huge emotional territory, but it's not dancing girls and 'Dancing Queen'. It is kind of more Robert and Aaron than that, which I hope people will like."

Digital Spy

Is this finally the month when Robron tie the knot on Emmerdale?

We've known for a while that Robert Sugden (Ryan Hawley) and Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) would be getting hitched sometime this year, but the where's and when's have been kept under wraps. Until now?

In a new video from the Emmerdale Instagram channel, Ryan Hawley promises fans that there's "really exciting stuff" coming up in this "big month at Emmerdale".

Remember, Ryan confirmed early in January that he'd been filming at an Emmerdale wedding but stopped short of confirming whether it was, in fact, the long-awaited Robron nuptials.

What we do know is that when they finally make it down the aisle, it will be an emotional - and potentially painful - experience for Robert and Aaron.

Aaron Dingle and Robert Sugden have a heart-to-heart in Emmerdale
    © ITV
    "It is really heartbreaking. It is big emotionally," Emmerdale's producer Iain MacLeod said last year. "In keeping with their characters, I don't think anybody is expecting dancing girls and show tunes. It's quite raw and honest, and it has got a healthy dose of Dingle craziness at the heart of it that threatens to derail things.

"It is huge emotional territory, but it's not dancing girls and 'Dancing Queen'. It is kind of more Robert and Aaron than that, which I hope people will like."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...ing-new-video/

We have good news for Emmerdale fans who are desperately sad over their beloved Robron's fate.

Since their heartwarming wedding earlier in the year, Robert Sugden (Ryan Hawley) and Aaron Dingle (Danny Miller) have been cruelly torn apart by a series of dark twists and turns.

First Aaron was shipped off to prison just after Robron exchanged vows, and more recently fans were absolutely crushed when a lonely Robert had a one-night-stand with Rebecca White (Emily Head).

Just when it seems like Robron are doomed forever, Emmerdale producer Iain MacLeod is swooping in with a hint that everything will work out for the two. Eventually.

"There will be more bumps, thrills and spills along the way," Iain admitted to Digital Spy and other media.

However, he was quick to add: "My view is that they individually and collectively meant the vows that they said in that wedding episode but it's never going to be a straight road with those guys; it's going to be bumpy and tricky but ultimately they will definitely make it out the other side."

While that's definitely encouraging for devoted Robron shippers, one of those roadblocks that Iain MacLeod mentioned will arrive in the form of badboy Ross Barton.

Next week's episodes will see Ross attempting to blackmail Robert with the truth of his one-night-stand at the same time as Aaron is finally freed from prison. Suddenly we're worried all over again...

Digital Spy

Emmerdale's Robert Sugden will vow revenge on a scheming Ross Barton as their ongoing feud takes another turn next week.

The old enemies went to war again in April when Robert discovered that Robert had slept with Rebecca behind his husband Aaron's back – and used the information to his advantage.

Never one to miss an opportunity to cause trouble, Robert exploited the fragile situation – blackmailing Robert into giving him money in exchange for his silence.

However, with the truth now out in the open – and Robert determined to move forward with a forgiving Aaron – he has revenge in mind next week, wanting to put Ross in his place for the extra turmoil he caused him.

Robert will feel uneasy when a pregnant Rebecca returns to the village and announces she's staying with Victoria, worried about the impact her presence will have on Aaron.

Wanting to get back in control, Robert demands his money back from Ross – who belittles him in return, leaving Robert more furious than ever.

Fed up of Ross calling the shots, Robert later tells Aaron that he's going to get his revenge, but what does he have planned this time? And is he about to make things even worse?

Digital Spy

Iain Macleod is just rubbish! He clearly has his favourites!

Why can't Ross be in control and have one over Robert. I hope their plan backfires.

mmerdale's Robert Sugden chooses someone very surprising as his next ally
    Emmerdale's Robert Sugden recruits a surprising new minion next week as he steps up his attempts to seize control at Home Farm.
    Upcoming episodes see Robert (Ryan Hawley) pull off another masterstroke when Lawrence White starts to trust him, but it's not long before Lachlan becomes uneasy and demands answers over the schemer's constant presence.
    When Lachlan's words leave Lawrence unsettled, he asks Robert to keep his distance from now on – but Robert doesn't leave without setting his next clever trap first.
    With a hidden camera planted at Home Farm thanks to Robert, an oblivious Lachlan (Thomas Atkinson) has a very incriminating conversation with his mischievous friend Gerry.
    Opportunistic Gerry (Shaun Thomas) has decided it's time to extort money out of Lachlan, wanting cash in exchange for his silence over their prostitute plan from the summer.
    Knowing that Lachlan's girlfriend Belle Dingle wouldn't be pleased about this, Robert is delighted to be in possession of information that he can use against him.
    Robert also realises that he can draw Gerry into his web too, recruiting him to spy on both Lachlan and Belle on his behalf.
    Will Gerry regret making a deal with the devil?

[IMG][/IMG]

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (19-09-2017), tammyy2j (19-09-2017)

Thread Information