Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Dallas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by crazylea
    david schwimmer is a good actor lol
    he's the plank from friends right? ive seen betting acting talent from lassie the dog!

Here is my selection:

JR Ewing/Nicholas Cage
    Sue Ellen/ Susan Saradon
    Bobby Ewing/George Eads
    Pam Ewing/Kirsten (the dark headed one from Sex and the city)
    Lucy Ewing/Emily Procter
    Jock Ewing/Donald Sutherland
    Miss Ellie/ either Honor Blackman or Judi Dench
    still not sure who i would pick for cliff and ray krebb

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i used to like knots landing

Quote Originally Posted by crazygirl
    i used to like knots landing
    was that a spin off of dallas then?

from msn today celebrtating 25 since jr was shot:

DALLAS (1978 - 1991)

Power, wealth, sex, extravagance, murder, scandal, secrets and John Ross (J.R.) Ewing Snr (the most charismatic villain EVER to grace the small screen); one place had them all - Dallas!

Dallas premiered in 1978 and two years later, this granddaddy of primetime soaps boasted 300 million fans in nearly 60 countries. It's believed that more than half the UK population tuned in to watch the episode that revealed the answer to the world's most burning question over the summer of 1980 - who shot J.R.? Fans were forced to wait for months to find out.

Chief suspects included J.R.'s alcoholic wife Sue Ellen, her conniving sister Kristen Shepherd (with whom he'd had an affair and cruelly dumped) and long time nemesis Cliff Barnes. In this MSN TV special, get the lowdown on the show that made history.
    MEMORABLE CAST
    This TV phenomenon was perfectly cast; Patrick Duffy proved irreplaceable as goody-two-shoes hunk Bobby Ewing (every woman wanted him!) with the gorgeous Victoria Principal as his wife Pamela Ewing (née Barnes). Charlene Tilton played 'poison dwarf' (as Terry Wogan famously dubbed her) Lucy Ewing. Linda Gray was absolutely fantastic as J.R.'s long suffering wife Sue Ellen (Swellin' - as J.R. memorably pronouced her name).

The late Barbara Bel Geddes proved irreplaceable as Miss Ellie and Ken Kercheval was superb as J.R.'s sworn enemy Cliff Barnes. Before his untimely death, Jim Davis was perfect as Jock Ewing and as his illegitimate son, Steve Kanaly played Ray Krebbs.
    "YOU'RE A DEAD MAN J.R.!"
    Rounding out the cast was the brilliant Larry Hagman as J.R. Ewing; an unfaithful husband, ruthless, backstabbing businessman and all-round fiend. No wonder half the world wanted him dead. In the event, it was the biggest cliff hanger in television history with the hype reaching fever pitch on both sides of the Atlantic. Here in the UK, bookies all over the country were busy taking bets, national newspapers were trying to out-scoop each other and reveal who-did-the-deed, and it was even reported on the BBC news!

All over the globe, 'Who shot J.R.?' was the number one TV news story and the resolution was eagerly awaited. When film canisters carrying the crucial episode arrived in London from LA, they were protected by armed guard. On November 21 1980 all was revealed; 41 million people in the US alone, not to mention half the UK population, tuned into this historic episode to discover that Kristen Shepherd, played by Mary Crosby (the daughter of film legend Bing), turned out to be the culprit.
    TOP J.R. EWING QUOTES

Throughout Dallas' run, J.R. had the juiciest dialogue - check out our selection of the best (or rather, worst!) of J.R.

1. "Is that a fact?" - usually laced with a heavy dose of sarcasm, this was the classic J.R. Ewing response to...just about anything really.

"I'm gonna kill you J.R.!"
    "Is that a fact?"

"Bobby's gonna beat you and run Ewing Oil!"
    "Is that a fact?"

2. "I want my wife and my son. On second thoughts, give me my son - you can keep the tramp!"

3. "Sue Ellen, the only thing you've learned is that vodka doesn't smell on your breath."

4. "What's a family for if it can't take care of its losers?"

5. "Sue Ellen, you're a drunk, a tramp and an unfit mother."

6. "Nobody beats ol' J.R."

7. "Lucy, why don't you have that junior plastic surgeon you married design you a new face - without a mouth!"

8. "You should go to sleep Sue Ellen - you know how haggard you look when you don't get your full eight hours?"

9. "I wouldn't give you the dust off my car!"

10. "Go to bed Sue Ellen, there's nothing uglier than a woman who can't handle her liquor!"
    Last edited by Bryan; 21-11-2005 at 17:46.

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin
    was that a spin off of dallas then?
    It is about the youngest Ewing brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl
    It is about the youngest Ewing brother.
    awww bobby or was it gary???

Definetely Gary, thanks could not remeber his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl
    Definetely Gary, thanks could not remeber his name.
    bobby is the youngest tough thats for sure. it goes jr, gary and then bobby

Lauren Bacall a must for Miss Ellie as the original Donna Reed is dead. I cant see why some of the originals cant play the own parts. Victoria Principle as Pam Barnes/Ewing was class

Thread Information