Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free The Walford One!

Free The Walford One!

From The People:

Eastenders mutt Wellard will be locked up and face a lethal jab in a christmas tear jerker.

soap cheifs reckon millions will back their "free the walford one" campaign to save the lavable hound.

Weallard's life will be on the life after he bites cafe boss Ian beale on the bum next month.

Grumpy Ian kicks out at Wellard while owner Gus isnt looking. But the dog responds by taking a chunk out of his leg. Beale then calls cops who impound Wellard under the Dangerous Dogs Act, leaving his fate in the hands of the magistrates.

Furious Albert Square residents set up a petition demanding his release- and viewers will be urged to join theri fight. incredibley the bizzaree storyline will be stretched out over three months!

BBC cheifs, desperate to boost flagging ratings hope the dog's plight will have a similiar impact as Corrie's "Free Deidre" campaigb. The nation was gripped and questions were asked in Parliament after Deidre Rachid was jailed for fruad in 1998.

An Eastenders spokesman said "it's a funny story which we hope the nation will get behind"
    Last edited by Bryan; 02-10-2005 at 12:57.

What utter drivil.

EE has sunk to new depths

Oh dear, sounds a bit poor/desperate

love how dreary is being compared to a mutt!!!!!! total genius eastenders!

i thought it sounded funny and good...this three month thing tough i hope it isnt featured heavily for three months as that will just be a yawn fest!

remember there was rumours that robbie was coming back around xmas time...well maybe this is why???

Tio save his dog, aw. I must remember to watch, not.

How reliable are The People though?

I doubt that Wellard will be part of EE's big Xmas storyline. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. Even it if does happen, Sharon/Dennis/Kat/Alfie will be the centre of Xmas storylines and if this Wellard story does happen, it will most likely be used as a bit of light relief to the gloom of a traditional Walford christmas and will not be a big storyline.

However, if I am wrong.....

Am I the only one who'd like to see what they'd do if none of the viewers actually show an interest in what happens to Wellard?

It sounds a bit stupid to me -- if they wanted to do an interactive storyline they should have done it with the Alfie triangle - viewers phone in and vote who Alfie ends up with,

Or maybe they could use it for Sam and/or Chrissie's trial -- the viewers are the judge, jury and executioner.
    Last edited by BlackKat; 02-10-2005 at 13:48.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat
    Am I the only one who'd like to see what they'd do if none of the viewers actually show an interest in what happens to Wellard?

It sounds a bit stupid to me -- if they wanted to do an interactive storyline they should have done it with the Alfie triangle - viewers phone in and vote who Alfie ends up with,

Or maybe they could use it for Sam and/or Chrissie's trial -- the viewers are the judge, jury and executioner.
    Wow!! that would be great about the Chrissie/Sam trial!!

Thread Information