Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca storyline starts up again!

Rebecca storyline starts up again!

I wondered how anybody felt about Rebecca coming back again. The new spoilers show Martin attending her birthday party, without Sonia knowing about it. It is very similar to the way it started, when Sonia saw her without Martin. I get the impression that not many people care about this storyline, but I found myself enjoying it the last time, and I think it could be good again. As long as they don't have to break away from her this time. Because it's heartbreaking.

It seems Martin and Sonia's relationship is becoming even rockier though. They seem to living almost separate lives these days. Martin should be honest with Sonia about Rebecca, it's a difficult situation.

I'm glad Pauline finally left it on good terms with Margaret, and they are able to build some kind of relationship. I don't see why Sonia and Martin shouldn't be able to see Rebecca if Margaret is o.k with the situation. Margaret would have to tell Rebecca eventually that she's adopted, this way she's easing her in with very little stress. And Rebecca doesn't have to worry about rejection or anything when she's older, because she'll already know her parents love her.

i didnt mind this story the first time around, it was a but boring when they revisited though....

A third time would be just awful - unless it resulted in rebecca being a part of the show ie. either sonia and martin get full custody somehow OR she just visits them on a regular basis.....

Otherwise it would just be extremly bland and i think martin and sonia need an exciting storyline to keep ppl interested - they are beginning to fade into the background which is a shame as they are both great actors
    Last edited by pops110874; 30-09-2005 at 21:39.

I think it should be left for now it is far too soon for them to revisit that storyline, couldnt they have gone back to it in afew years!

I liked the parts of this storyline that involved Sonia and Martin. In fact, they were very good and well acted. The problem came with Pauline's involvement and her running all over Sonia and Martin's feelings.

There is a lot more they could do with a young couple than simply rely on this storyline over and over again. They need to have Rebecca become part of the family or forget it.

Yeah like Sarah said they need to put her part of the family or forget it but there was a storyline when they last went to see Rebeca that Pauline said that she was going to get her family back together

For me the Rebecca stuff was good the time when Sonia went mental and kidnapped her as the scenes with her and Dot were great and very moving. I also thought it was good when Pauline started to visit her secretly as it gave Pauline something to do and it did seem to make sense that Pauline would do this as she was feeling very lonely at the time.

Personally, I am not too keen on this storyline being revisited, especially so soon, as it seems so repetative. As someone said on another thread (sorry, I can't remember who), it seems that it is now Martin's turn to feel lonely and then go and secretly see Rebecca, just like Pauline did. All this after they all decided to leave the poor girl alone. I fully expect that it will come full circle soon and it will be Sonia's turn again.
    Last edited by Florijo; 30-09-2005 at 22:29.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I think they should leave it for a few years - wait till Rebecca is older and then maybe go through her trying to contact sonia etc, its too soon after the last visit.

yeah i think the storyline should finsh now.
    They need a another storyline for the young couples.
    Instead of bringing rebecca into the storylines over and over unless Margaret dies.

Quote Originally Posted by eastenders mad
    yeah i think the storyline should finsh now.
    They need a another storyline for the young couples.
    Instead of bringing rebecca into the storylines over and over unless Margaret dies.
    But then again Sonia and Martin are parents, and young couple storylines aren't automatically the better route for them. It's a difficult situation. I don't think they can go back to the way things were (before they had Rebecca), too much has happened.

I remember after Jamie died, Sonia told Martin 'that they can't forget everything that's happened, because it's changed them and it's part of their lives'. And whether Rebecca is in their lives or not, they won't forget. So maybe it would be better to have them see her and be happy rather than not and be miserable.

true true

Thread Information