Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trudie Goodwin (June) Spoiler

My mouth dropped to the ground when i read this article on Digital Spy. I can't believe June is leaving! There will be no more original cast members left after she leaves. It is a shame she is leaving but she has had some good storylines over the years. Let's just hope her exit storyline will not let her down

Report from digital spy in case anyone is interested

Trudie Goodwin has decided to quit The Bill after almost 23 years, Digital Spy can confirm.

The actress, who has played Sgt June Ackland since its pilot in 1983, is the only original cast member still remaining on the show.

Speculation over her exit has been rife for some time but rumours appeared to be quashed recently when she signed a one-year contract extension.

“Trudie has been thinking for a while about leaving The Bill and has finally made the difficult decision," a source told The Sun today. “She has signed a new contract which takes her up to the end of the year, but has told producers it will be her last.

“She’d like them to come up with a real slow-burner of a plot leading to her exit. They’re in talks now. It promises to be absolutely huge.”

just as long as its not another explosion

So it looks like Trudie has changed her mind about staying on an every now and then basis. Last interview I saw Trudie said that they were just runours and she wasn't leaving the Bill, but was going to take time out to do other things. If this is ture then it is sad, but obviously it will be what Trudie wants so I will be happy for her.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

its a real shame to see june akland go...she has been one of the strongest characters in the show's history and a credit to the show.

being a long time fan of the bill it is clear that these days the characters are not in the same calibre as polly page, june akland, jim carver, don beech (aplogises for spelling). so its sad to hear that Trudie Goodwin is going, one of the few gems left, to be replaced with another peice of "totty" with as much acting talent as the likes of Nigel Harman.

that is so true, when a strong character leaves they are just being replaced with weak characters. there is nothing strong or long lasting about any of the recruits we've seen recently.
    POOKIE

aww good luck to her for the future !! i think she is a good actress and hopefully she'll star in other films ect . do you think she will be killed off ?

i will miss june in the bill trudy has been a great actress playing the character all these years I hope they give her a brilliant send of but don't kill her off

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by xsteffx
    aww good luck to her for the future !! i think she is a good actress and hopefully she'll star in other films ect . do you think she will be killed off ?
    I hope she isn't killed off. After 23 years in the show, the character doesn't deserve to be killed off.

I wouldnt have thought that june would have left the bill after all the years she has been there

$sTaCeY$

Thread Information