Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The AXEMAN COMETH

The AXEMAN COMETH

From oday's Sun
    The Sun
    Stars set for Corrie chop

Under threat ... Ashley and Claire

By ALEX PEAKE

TOP Corrie stars face the axe under plans to cut the number of actors in the soap.
    Ruthless new boss Steve Frost is understood to have held secret talks to discuss potential victims.

Favourite characters such as Maria Sutherland (Samia Ghadie), Ashley (Steven Arnold) and Claire (Julie Howarth) may be among those lined up for the boot.

Facing chop ... Dev

Others under threat are Dev and Sunita Alahan (Jimmi Harkishin and Shobna Gulati) and Frankie and Jamie Baldwin (Debra Stephenson and Rupert Hill).

Newcomers Jessie and Joanne (Nailah Cumberbatch and Zaraah Abrahams) and Nathan Harding (Ray Fearon) are also thought to be at risk.

Frost plans a clearout when he takes over from outgoing supremo Tony Wood at the end of a year.

At risk ... Maria

A Corrie insider said: “It is felt there are just too many people in the Street

“Nobody will be leaving in a hurry but we think the number of actors will be whittled down.

“Bosses want to concentrate on quality storylines and develop the depth of characters.”

Frost was dubbed the axeman after chopping top name stars while in charge of Emmerdale.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Well of course these rumours have been on the go for some time now.

Ashley and Claire They may not be soaplands most interesting couple but could we not keep them as Mr and Mrs average all they need is another 1.4 children

DEV No loss there with his overacting

Maria
    Pointless character who has outlived her usefulness

The Twins USELESS

Frankie and Danny Keep them they are a re graet double act

They can't get rid of Frankie, to be honest I'm not all that bothered about the rest, although I don't want Nathan to go.

Thank you Jessie Wallace

Ashley and Claire are nice enough. Occasionally they get good storylines, and it's good to have a normal couple. Sunita's cool, Dev's a baaad actor. Jamie's cute! He should stay!

Frankie has a contract on Corrie til next Autumn, so I don't think she's for the chop just yet. I understand she will spread her wings after her contract is up and try something new. I like her, felt that she could have been made a bit bitchier, though she's still a great addition to the cobbles and fits in nicely.

Jamie - no loss. Rubbish actor.

Dev - no loss. Rubbish actor.

Sunita - keep her. She is good.

Ashley and Clurr - agree with Alan. They just need another kid to go with Joshua to make them more interesting. I preferred Maxine, but unlike most people I still think Claire is a useful character, as long as they don't give her stupid storylines like the park clean-up plot the other week. Keep Ashley. He works great with Fred.

Twins - no real loss although the thin one has improved. The fat one must go however as she is dreadful.

Maria - Not the worst character in the Street but hardly the best. No real loss.

Nathan - OK. Wouldn't axe him yet, but I don't really see a future for him.

I think this is a bit of tabloid hype. Take the article with a pinch of salt. I wish they'd axe Diggory though, and recast Tracyluv again.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Allen
    They can't get rid of Frankie, to be honest I'm not all that bothered about the rest, although I don't want Nathan to go.
    I know i love her she cant go! They would be stupid to axe her Debs is the best actress on there IMO

THANX TO VIXIE-LOU FOR THE GREAT BANNER!

my sentimates exactly- the rest i'm not fussed about but not frankie!!!!! i think if she is on the list the actress will be taken off when her scenes are shown when she finds out about danny and leanne- the reaction is going to be brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf
    my sentimates exactly- the rest i'm not fussed about but not frankie!!!!! i think if she is on the list the actress will be taken off when her scenes are shown when she finds out about danny and leanne- the reaction is going to be brilliant!
    On the upside i know she will get more roles in other things! Shes very talented, slightly biased as shes one of my fav actresses but shes the best character they have brought to the street at the mo

THANX TO VIXIE-LOU FOR THE GREAT BANNER!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf
    Yes I love Frankie too. I think its kind of sweet thye way she has taken to Vera so well

Yes Vera has been given a new lease of life with her rapport with Frankie.

Thread Information