Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taggart

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Does he really live in your street - wow!! I thought he was going to have his first one a couple of episodes ago, the one with the food critic....

I agree about James Macpherson - it wasn't the same, but DCI Burke was introduced, initally i though oh gawd, no what have they done, but he's great!!

yup he does - just had a wee baby Massie and shes gorgeous

Burke is fab in that role - i love watching it and seeing all the places near me.

I remember when they were filming last year and i walked outside my old work to go for a cig and ran right into burke - he must have thought i was a mad woman just staring at him lol

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    lol - I think I would have probably done the same though - you think you would say hi or something, but if it happened, I'd probably be dumbstruck.!!

Glad to see Taggart back again, just a shame they tend to do only three episodes. I particularly liked Friday's episode and felt so sorry for Robbie,but good on him for coming clean. Glad that he was the one to crack two cases at once.

Taggart for me is nice and gritty and full of action and has good character interaction. I love the closeness between Ross and Jackie and think that the two of them are a match made in heaven.
    Last edited by Babe14; 26-06-2006 at 08:57.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

i absolutely love taggart and had been watching the old series with jim taggart on itv3 but they suddenly stopped them!
    wish they would show some more old ones but i do enjoy the new ones too.
    POOKIE

I would love to see a re-run of every episode of Taggart. Unfortuantely I don't get ITV3. So for me it would have to be either ITV1 of C5.
    I suppose one day I could search out any DVDs available.

I think that it's one of the best drama's and I espec loved this weeks because of Robbie, I just think he really has that something.
    Like I said before I wish they'd run more than 3 episodes at a time. I have to admit I've only recently started watching it properly again, (about the last 3 series)

you can get some cheap ones on ebay. i may get some myself as no one is really showing any re runs of taggart at the moment and i need my taggart fix!!!
    POOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by pookie1968uk
    you can get some cheap ones on ebay. i may get some myself as no one is really showing any re runs of taggart at the moment and i need my taggart fix!!!
    Thank you>

Yes I'm in desperate need of a memory refresh for the older ones and also I would like to see all the ones I didn't watch. I think they were either on too late or I was working at the time.

Two very good Epis of Taggart as usual. Robbie on form with his humour and moodiness. It was so funny in this weeks episode where he was striped naked, tied up and dumped in a shed load of Turkeys Needless to say Robbie wasn't amused, whereas everyone else was, espec Stewart who took great pleasure in getting his own back on Robbie for all the mickey taking he gives him.
    Looks like it was just the 3 episodes again as it's not on this week

Taggart has been axed by ITV after almost 28 years.

The long-running Scottish crime show - which survived the death of its original star and continued for a further 17 years - will no longer be screened by the broadcaster. However, programme-makers are hoping it may live on by transferring to a different channel.

The drama - which has run for 27 series - has been dropped to allow for investment in 'new and original drama'.

Millions of viewers have seen DCI Matt Burke - played by Alex Norton - and his team probing crimes in Glasgow.

The series launched in September 1983 with Mark McManus as the dour, eponymous DCI Taggart. He died in 1994 from pneumonia, but programme bosses took the decision to let the popular series live on without him.

A spokeswoman for STV confirmed that ITV had decided not to commission any further series of the drama. She said: "STV is exploring a range of options for Taggart with a number of broadcasters.

"We are committed to the brand and recognise the continuing popularity of this long-running series."

An ITV spokesman said: "We have decided not to commission any further series of Taggart for the ITV network.

"Since it was first broadcast in 1983, Taggart has been one of ITV's most enduring dramas but, reflecting the demands of our audience and as part of the ongoing creative renewal of the ITV1 schedule, our priority is to invest in new and original drama for the channel."

Thread Information