Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Students:

Students:

Firstly, I'd like to say what Students is about.

Students is a soap written by me. It is following the lives of pupils in thier school, as they cope with death, trauma, affairs, fights and twists along the way - making one hell of a bumpy ride!

Students has already started on Talk Walford, and has exceeded it's 100th episode.

To start with, the first...10 or so episodes are fairly dull and badly written, but this is because I started writing it about 9 months ago - so I have improved a lot since then. All the episodes will be posted here and I hope it will be as successful as it is at Talk Walford, with quite a few people reading.

Episode 1: Year 10: September:

The bus pulled up at the kerb and the gravel cruched under the wheels. Jake walked off the bus, looking up at the building in front of him. Jake trailed off and Kelly followed.

“Jake. Wait” Kelly shouted after him. Jake spun round, smiling.

“Hi” he whispered.

“Where you shooting off to?” She asked.

“Erm… I’m not actually sure. Want to follow?” Jake answered. Kelly laughed.

“Yeah. I’d like that” In the hall, the double doors swung open and Bella walked in. She smiled and liked her teeth. She opened another door and bumped into a girl.

“Watch it, will ya” Bella shouted. The girl snarled and look dirtily at her. “Look at me” Bella said “I’ve been in the school 5 minutes and I’m already making enemies” she laughed. The girl laughed too. She held out her hand. “I’m Bella, she said”

“Hi Bella.. I’m Gina” the girl said as they shook hands.

Chris ran after Billy. “Billy! Wait. Wait!” he screamed. Billy turned around and lifted his head up.

“Chirs! How are you?” Billy questioned.

“Great thanks. I have a feeling this’ll be a brilliant day!” Chris smiled. They headed towards the hall. After the bell rang, they were sorted into form groups. Kelly, Gina, Jake, Chris, Billy and Bella were all in the same form. They headed towards the form group. I small hut, separated from the rest of the school. A tall man turned round as the class sorted themselves into a line. “I’m Garry and this…” he said “…Is your form room” he finished. Carley looked up and down at the hut.

“Oh great(!)” she said sarcastically. The form tutor asked her name. She answered and he told her to keep her opinions to herself. Jake turned around and smiled at her. She smiled back and rolled her eyes. The group sat down at the desk.

“And last, But not least Pete” The form tutor finished the register. He told them they could talk for 5 minutes. Pete walked over to a little boy in the corner of the room, on his own, talking to himself. He sat down next to her.

“Hi” he said, quietly.

The boy looked up at Pete and smiled. “Hi” he replied. “I’m Matt”

tbc...

wow, that was good. it really set the scene and makes me want to read more. and its not badly written either, better than anything i could do. please post some more soon

I think its great! Love your little EE-20 picture!

Thanks Here are the next few episodes. I'll try and get through the worst ones as quickly as possible so it moves onto the bigger ones

-----------

Episode 2

Ten minutes after the morning bell has gone, the door opened. In walked Gina as people stared.

“Sorry I’m late” she smirked. She gave a sweet smile at Jake. He turned round, embarrassed.

Billy introduces Jake to his friends, Jon and Vicki. They get talking during English.

Later in the day, Gina’s sister runs up to Jake.

“You’re Jake, right?”

“Yeah” he answers

“Listen, she..ermmmm…..She fancies you. Will you go out with her?”

“Erm…well….yeah. OK”

Jake runs up to Billy and tells him what has happened. He’s pleased for him…almost. During Music, Gina grabs Jake’s hand. They hold each others, under the table. The camera zooms in, as they smiled sweetly to each other…

-------------

Episode 3

The rain poured down as Jake and Gina met outside the school. They kissed as people looked on. Garry called for order in the form room. Word got around about Jake and Gina. Garry was about to take the register when a tall, skinny blonde girl walked in.

“And you are…?” asked Garry

“Georgie” she replied

Georgie and Gina sat on the benches at lunch.

“So, tell me a bit about yourself” Gina asked.

“You sure you want to know?” Georgie joked

“Yeah. Go on” Gina urged

“Well I’m on the run from my mum. She drinks…It’s awful. I’m fostered. She beat me.”

“Pardon…” Gina said, gobsmacked.

“She was crazy. I’m safe now though. She can’t get to me where I am. Just don’t tell anyone what I’ve told you – OK?”

“Yeah….sure” Gina replied with a smirk on her face

Jake bumped into Kelly in the corridor.

“Oh. Sorry” he apologised

“It’s OK” she smiled “Erm…So, how is everything going with Gina?”

“Fine thanks”

There was a silence. He gave her a smile and set off down the hallway. She bit the bottom of her lip and walked off, in search of Billy. Billy and Jake were sitting in the form room when Kelly burst in. Meanwhile, Chris sneaks out of school, unnoticed.

“Hi again.” Jake joked. She replied with a weak smile and turned around, shut the door behind her. She rested her head on the door, trying to think. Back on the benches, Georgie tried to get to know Gina a little better. She asked her about her past.

“Nowt much to me really” Gina replied “What you see, is what you get” she continued

“What about your family?” Georgie asked

“I live with my mum. Havn’t had much to do with my dad since he walked out. My mum….shes an alki. I have three sisters. One is pregnant” Gina answered

The camera faded to reveal Matt, sitting on a table in the form room, across the room from Jake and Billy. Pete stormed in.

“What’s the matter?” said Billy

“Never mind” Pete replied, stubbornly. He stormed out the room.

“What’s eatin him?” Jake joked. Billy laughed but Matt got up and stormed out the room. Billy and Jake looked at each other, confused. Matt headed towards the car park. Tears swelled up in his eyes, his vision got blurey as he stepped out behind a reversing car…

Chris opens the door to his house. He walks into the living room and his face drops.

“MUM” he cries.

thanks for posting those episodes, theyre really great, cant wait for the next ones

Episode 4:

Chris sat at home, staring into space. The vision of his mum lying on the floor kept popping into his mind. The phone rang.

“Nan. Listen, I’m OK. I can look after myself” he yelled. He slammed down the phone and threw it across the room. Jake walked into the form room and threw his bag on the chair next to Billy.

“What’s up with you?” he asked

“Oh. Nothing” replied Jake. “Anyway, Matt. How are you? You nearly got run over” he joked. Matt let out a sarcastic laugh and walked and sat next to Pete. Gina walked into the room. She sat next to Georgie.

“Listen, Georgie…..I want you to promise me you won’t tell an-“

“I want YOU to promise ME not to tell anyone what I told you. Deal?” They shook on it and started chatting again. Garry, when finished the register asked if anyone knew where Chris was.

Chris grabbed his coat, keys and schoolbag and made his way outside. He arrived at school at 1:50. The Science lesson had started half an hour ago when Chris walked in.

“Sorry I’m late” he muttered and sat on a chair on his own. The thin, ghostly looking Science teacher asked for an explantion.

“I’m not telling” Chris said.

“Pardon? You’re not telling? I think you will” the teacher, gobsmacked, replied.

“Try…er….NO” Chris answered.

“What’s your name? Not only is the first time teaching you, but you treat with me no respect” the teacher moaned

“You know what….I couldn’t give two flying f-“

“EXCUSE ME. Get out the room and wait”

“Try…er…NO” Chris shouted back. He grabbed his things and swung the door open. It slammed behind him. He ran down the concrete steps and into the toilets. Locking the door behind him, he rested his head against the door and burst into tears…

---------------

Episode 5

It rained down on the school on the Tuesday morning as they made their way into the assembly hall. After the assembly, Chris walked out of school. Jake followed him.

“Chris! Chris!” he shouted after him

“Go away Jake. It’s got nothing to do with you” he snapped back

“It has now” At this, Chris spun round and gave Jake an evil look. Back in school, Bella sat alone in the corner, quiet, getting on with her work.

Outside, Chris charged towards Jake. “What you gonna do Chris? Hit me? Or you could tell me whats wrong. Get it all of your chest”

“Mind you own” Chris snarled “You don’t know me and don’t care about me – so why should I tell you my secrets?”

“You don’t have to.” Jake said

“Well Th-“ Chris continued, turning back around

“But I know you want to” Jake cut in. “….And you’re gonna”

Chris stopped turning round.

“Where the hell is Jake?” Billy asked.

“I saw him following Chris outside. They must be talking” answered Pete “They’re gonna get in trouble though…”

Chris walked over to the steps and sat on them. He burst into tears.

“I…It’s my mum…” He took a deep breath “She was killed…and I’m gonna have to leave”

“Wh…What?” Jake asked “I’m sorry. I didn’t realise. But why are you gonna have to move away?” Jake swallowed

“I’m gonna have to live with my dad…in London”

---------------

Episode 6

Wednesday morning came and Jake went to find Chris in the form room.

“Oi. You. Lover boy” shouted Gina from behind him

“Hi” Jake answered. He smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “I have to go. I need to find someone” Jake said

“I have something to tell you” Gina remarked “It’s about Georgie. She’s fostered. Her mum beat her.” Gina told him.

“Why are you telling me this?” Jake snapped

“I just tho-“

“You thought wrong, didn’t you” he snarled. He walked off to find Chris.

At lunchtime, the afternoon register was taking place.

“I’m afraid I have some bad news.” Garry whispered to the group. “Erm…Bella left yesterday.” He told the shocked group “But I also have some good news” he continued. “We have a new member to our form…” the door swung open and in walked Kelly, behind her stood a pretty, blonde girl called Tina. “I hope everyone welcomes her with open arms” Garry finished

“Guys…” Kelly said “…This is Tina…” she introduced…

-------------

Episode 7

Tina was talking to Kelly and some other girls when Georgie walked into the form room. Jake was reminded of what Gina told him. So went to confront his girlfriend.

“Listen Gina, If I were you I wouldn’t go spreading rumours about Georgie around” he told her

“They weren’t rumours” Gina snapped

“Does it matter whether they’re rumours, or not? She obviously told you in confidence. It’s wrong” Jake said

“It’s wrong” Gina mimicked Jake. “Do you even listen to yourself sometimes?” Gina snarled. She walked off to speak to Georgie.

“So, what do you think of Tina?” Billy asked Pete

“She seems nice” Pete replied

“Just nice? She well fit” Billy remarked. Pete gave a weak smile and went to talk to Matt.

“Is it just me, or does Matt seem…very… depressed?” Jake asked Billy, quietly.

“It’s not just you” he answered

“Has anyone seen Chris?” Garry asked the group. Keith looked up but didn’t answer. He bit his bottom lip as Gina walked over to him.

“Listen, I’m sorry I snap-“ she tried to explain but he cut her short

“I don’t care. Feel free to do it, but don’t look in my direction when you get into trouble” he said

“Oh! Looks like they’re having their first lovers tiff” remark Kelly’s friend. She laughed weakly but that smile soon faded. The bell gave a rang and everyone piled out of the classroom.

At Chris’s house the phone rang. He picked up the receiver as the police continued the investigation

“Listen dad, I can’t talk now. I’m leaving in a few days. To live with nan. No dad, then you’re picking me up on Friday from nans hous- Oh call me back when you’re sober” he slamnmed the receiver down and grabbed his bag. He needed to find someone.

It was lunchtime and Jake was walking down the hallway when some girls came up to him, urging him to dump Gina. He ignored them. In the form room, Matt and Billy sat in silence. Billy suddenly spoke up.

“Whats wrong, Matt. I know something is wrong, so don’t deny it” he asked

“Why should I tell you?”

“Because I asked. You’ll feel better once you tell someone”

“Why will I? What I’ve done won’t go away. It just won’t. And if I tell anyone, it’ll just make things worse. Much worse.”

“What you’ve done?” Billy observed.

“I’ve said too much” he snapped and scurried out the room.

Jake bumped into Kelly in the corridor.

“We’re clumsy, aren’t we?” he joked

“Yeah…we are.” She let out a giggle and walked off, Tina in tow. He said hi to Tina as he passed. She replied.

Outside the school, Chris sat, talking to Pete.

“So, who do you know, in our form that you knew in primary school?” Pete asked.

“Matt…oh and Tina” Chris answered, slightly bored. “Listen I’ve got to go. Just tell Garry you ain’t seen me, OK?”

Billy appeared from round the corner.

“What were you talking to him about?” he asked

“Oh, just who he knew from primary school” he answered

“….And?”

“And what?”

“Who does he know from primary school”

“Oh. Just Tina and Matt”

“Interesting(!)” Billy said, sarcastically. They laughed and went to join Jake and some other people in the playground.

“I found out a little more about Matt” said Billy

“Oh yeah?” Jake said, interested

“I asked him why he was so upset and he started shouting at me. Said something along the lines of ‘What I did, wont go away. It’ll cause more trouble’ a-

“- and I found out the he knew Chris” Pete chipped in, proudly

“Great” Jake replied, slightly more uninterested than before.

At Chris’s house, the camera zooms down to the bottom of the sofa to reveal a school homework diary…

-----------

Episode 8

The episode starts with a shot of the homework diary underneath the sofa.

At school, in the form room, the register had just been taken when Chris walked in.

“Why are you late?” asked Garry. He didn’t give him time to answer. “It doesn’t matter. I need to talk to you. Please, stay behind after the bell”

“Why do you need to talk to me?” he asked, puzzled

“We’ll talk about it afterwards. Please, just be patient” Garry snapped.

The bell went and everyone but Chris piled out the room.

“It’s come to my attention that you have been acting very different the last couple of days. Some teachers have been complaining that you haven’t turned up their lessons” he finished. Chris rolled his eyes. “Chris, this has got to stop” he continued.

“My mums dead. That’s why I have been off and been acting differently” he blurts out. He storms out the room. Garry tries to call him back but his voice falls on deaf ears.

Chris storms out of school and walks to his house. Back at school, the bell rings for lunch. Billy, Jake and Pete sit around the science block, eating lunch when Matt joins them.

“Room for one more?” he asks. The smile and take the bags off the seats.

“What’s up with Chris?” Pete asks. Matt and Billy shrug and Jake puts his tounge in his cheek. “Do you know Jake?” Pete continues.

“Well whatever it is, it has nothing to do with us” he snaps back. He grabs his back and walks off, bumping into Gina round the corner.

“Oh Hi. I am was just looking for you” she says, smiling.

“Really? Why is that? Because I’m your boyfriend or because you want to spread some more gossip?”

“Don’t be like that. I said I’m sorry” she moans

“And I’ve said, I don’t care” he snaps back.

“Is that it then? After about only a week – we’re finished?” Gina puts her hands on her sides and tilts her head to the right. She puts on her best pout.

“Like I’ve said before, I don’t care” Jake walks off.

“FINE THEN” she shouts back. “WALK AWAY. THE EASY OPTION” Jake stops and pivots round on his right foot. She starts walking to Gina

“I have someone to find. I have better things to do than listen to an attention seeking little girl” he whispers. Gina looks at him, in shock. In the corridor, Jake asks Kelly if she has seen Chris.

“Erm…No. Sorry” she answers

“It’s OK”

“You sound a bit fed up. How are things with you and Gi-“

“We’ve split up” He cuts her short.

“Oh. I’m sorry” she says. He walks off. Kelly turns around and smiles.

At Chris’ house he sits and watches TV. The phone rings: “Hi Dad. Yeah. I’m at home. I didn’t go to nans. Change of plan. You’re picking me up from home. About five? OK. See you then.” He puts the receiver down and picks it back up again. At school, Jake phone starts ringing.

“Hello?”

“Hi.” Says Ben. “It’s Chris”

“Oh. Where are you. I’m looking for you”

“I’m at home. My dad is picking me up today. I’m going to live in London” Chris announces

“Today? Wha…Well…I don’t know what to say. Good luck.” Jake says

“Thanks. I’m gonna need it.”

Chris puts down the receiver. Jake presses the end button and puts his phone to his mouth. At Chris’ house, as he gets up off the sofa, he swings his legs round and accidently knocks a drink over. He runs and gets a cloth and wipes the floor. He spots the homework diary underneath the settee. He picks it up and opens it. His face drops as he reads the name written inside…but whose name is it?

----------

So...who killed Chris' mum? Keep readin to find out

From here on it gets a little better.

cant wait to find out who killed chris mum, im guessing its matt

Tell me! Tell me now!

Hi, Callum, it's Torrie from Talk Walford - just surfed in and thought this would be a good chance to catch up with Students, without the overwhelming amount of episodes! Loving it so far and can't wait for more - just hope I don't cheat on the cliff hangers and go to TW to see what happens next, lol! ;)

Thread Information