Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: so is any one else out there thinking about another baby?

yeah i may just do that,im going to get the dentist out of the way first though!

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum
    Don't forget though, you are only a year older than me!! I hope you do manage to have another one though - did you manage to conceive natually or did you need to go through IVF (if you don't mind me asking that is )
    Both kids are IVf babes - I have a condition called poly cystic ovarian syndrome. They have found more information about it and it seems to be lined to insulin problems, I have always been over weight and never albe to loose it - till this year - I have lost loads of weight and have actually got my hormone levels to be normal - so we are hopeful that we might be able to get pregnant by ourselves as IVF isnt an option as we had to pay for it all ourselves and cant afford to do that again (it only took 2 attempts to have our second and it was 5K to give you an idea!)

Thanks for reminding me I am so so old!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chance
    just been to midwife.shes worried as baby seems small and is still really low down so high possibility the after birth is going to be stuck to something else,she was goin to send me for a scan until she realised im already booked in for one in 3 weeks time,damn! would have liked to have gone for a extra two! which is a bit stupid really if shes small now wouldnt it be better if i went for a scan now rather then in 3 weeks? this midwife leaves me with little confidence,she didnt even notice i had pre eclampsia with my first one so im not too pleased or confident with her.instead i have to wait another week and go back and see her on kmonday for her to measure again.
    I would go with what jojomum says and phone the hospital - I wouldnt worry too much (easy to say!) about the measuring she has done it is so unacurate you wouldnt believe (as are the weights you get at the scan - my daughter was a BIG baby or so they told me and wrote all over the notes as a result of the scans (forcast to be just under 10lbs) and she wasnt even 7lbs at birth

hoping they can sort something out

yeah i may just do that,im going to get the dentist out of the way first though!
    Did you see my post you under the root canal thread?

[QUOTE=RealityGap]I would go with what jojomum says and phone the hospital - I wouldnt worry too much (easy to say!) about the measuring she has done it is so unacurate you wouldnt believe (as are the weights you get at the scan - my daughter was a BIG baby or so they told me and wrote all over the notes as a result of the scans (forcast to be just under 10lbs) and she wasnt even 7lbs at birth

nah im not really worrying,i did think she was small anyway as im not that big at all but she said my eldest was gonna be small and he was 8lb7 in the end.also she hasnt once measurred me since being pregnant all she did was feel my belly etc and judge by that and the size of me.monday will soon come around and wel see what she has to say then

Quote Originally Posted by RealityGap
    Did you see my post you under the root canal thread?
    yeah i did thanks,hopefully they will sort it out ina min but if i ever get it again il know what to try

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityGap
    Both kids are IVf babes - I have a condition called poly cystic ovarian syndrome. They have found more information about it and it seems to be lined to insulin problems, I have always been over weight and never albe to loose it - till this year - I have lost loads of weight and have actually got my hormone levels to be normal - so we are hopeful that we might be able to get pregnant by ourselves as IVF isnt an option as we had to pay for it all ourselves and cant afford to do that again (it only took 2 attempts to have our second and it was 5K to give you an idea!)

Thanks for reminding me I am so so old!!!
    You are definitely not old!!! (Otherwise I am too, and Im trying not to be )

I hope that if you hormone levels are almost normal it will help you to maybe conceive naturally, I don't know if I would be able to go through IVF, but I know what broodiness can do to you....

yeah i did thanks,hopefully they will sort it out ina min but if i ever get it again il know what to try
    let us know how you get on

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum
    You are definitely not old!!! (Otherwise I am too, and Im trying not to be )

I hope that if you hormone levels are almost normal it will help you to maybe conceive naturally, I don't know if I would be able to go through IVF, but I know what broodiness can do to you....
    thanks for saying I am not old - I so need to hear that at the minute!

IVF was ok and I would do it again in a heartbeat if it wasnt for the money side of it!

I am seeing a gynae in a few weeks to see how my levels are and they might be able to prescribe some drugs to help us - if not I have 2 kids more than I thought I would for a while and for that I am grateful

i am too young 2 have kids but im hoping 2 have 5 kids! 2 0f each sex hopefully and not bother anout the sex of no.5! lol!

Thread Information