Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casualty newcomer is 'settling in'

Casualty newcomer is 'settling in'

Mark Bonnar, who plays nurse Bruno in Casualty, is full of praise for his new colleagues.

"I joined at the end of May," he says, "and I think I'm settling in all right."

"This is the friendliest set of people that I've ever met," he says. "They're so lovely. Unlike other shows I've worked on, there's not really a cast and crew divide. Everyone just gets on with it because we've got a hard job to do making 50 minutes of drama every week."

He added: "I was very nervous before I started, but as soon as I got down onto the studio floor, my shoulders just dropped with relief. The crew were very welcoming and that immediately improves the work you do, because you feel you can try things.

"You can take risks and say things in a way you might not normally, and all the time you know you won't feel stupid if it doesn't come off. There won't be people laughing at you or standing on the sidelines thinking, 'Hmmm, the new boy's not up to much'. There's none of that."

However, despite all this reassurance, there is one thing that's he's finding unnerving.

"I haven't actually watched myself in it yet," he confesses. "Well, not properly, anyway. I think it's a problem if you do that too much because you can get self-conscious, you know. But I'm sure on the day of September 10 I'll be absolutely bricking it as my first episode goes out on television."

When asked how he feels about the impending prospect of being recognised in the street, Mark is admirably candid.

"I have to say, I'm just kind of expecting it's not going to happen. There's part of me that goes, 'People aren't going to do that'.

"I don't know. If they do I might try and bluff it that I'm someone else and say, 'What are you talking about?' or just pretend to be foreign or something."

it is nice to hear of a cast getting along - the casualty bunch does always seem to get on so well on screen (but I know they are actors!) Will be good to see a new face on casualty

What a nice breath of fresh air, a actor praising his fellow workers. We are so used to the opposite,from other soaps.

Thats good to know
    Louise is baaaaaaccccckkkk

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegum_fairy
    Thats good to know
    yep!

sounds god - a nice fresh face to casualty sounds just like what the doctor ordered!

cant wait for the new series to start, saturdays just arent the same!!
    POOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by pookie1968uk
    Exactly!
    'When you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?'

Quote Originally Posted by pookie1968uk
    Does it not start this saturday???

Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    Does it not start this saturday???
    Yes it is on, on Saturday at 8.15!

Thread Information