Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Maybe next time (Eastenders, danny centred)

Just caught up with the whole thing and it's fab - you've got the characters spot on! How cute is Danny?!

Awwwwwwwr so sweet! The characters are great!

“Your brother is working for my son”

“I know” Jake said, not looking up from his paper.

Johnny stared at him. “You knew?”

“I only found out last night” Jake said and looked up at Johnny. “Really, Danny only told me last night”

“Oh, I see” Johnny clasped his hands together and smiling slightly.

“Look Johnny, Danny’s worried about how you’re taking the news about him working for your son. He’s really enjoying working with him, and as far as I can tell he’s been working hard, and he’s changed, please don’t”-

“Hey, my son’s business is his business. If he chooses to have Danny work for him, then that’s his decision. It’s nothing to do with me” Johnny replied.

Jake regarded Johnny carefully. “Really?”

“Yes” Johnny leant back in his chair, “but” Jake frowned at this, “if he messes up big time, and it affects my son… then I can’t just sit back and accept that, can I?”

Jake swallowed and looked back at the paper. “He won’t Johnny”

“Don’t go making promises Jake, not one’s that we know can’t be kept”

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“Are you okay now?” Mike asked quietly, brushing his thumb over Danny’s cheek.

Danny sighed and exhaled slowly, “yeah. I think so. Yeah”

Mike offered a small smile. “Good, I was worried back there for a while”

“I’m sorry”-

“Stop apologizing” Mike gave him another short sweet kiss.

“Sorry, force of habit” Danny gave a nervous lopsided smile back.

Mike sighed softly as he stroked Danny’s face then put his hands on his shoulders, “what do you want to do?”

“Huh? When?”

Mike laughed, “whenever... whatever…”

Danny sighed. “Could we… could we go to yours sometime? Alone, so we can talk and whatever. Maybe do what we were going to do the other night before the interruption that caused me to freak out”

“I’m sorry about that, I didn’t know he’d turn up, usually he phones”-

“I could see you weren’t expecting it either… but maybe this time, because it’ll be planned…”

“Yeah. I could even make us dinner, sort out a film and stuff…if you want”

“… It’d be… different… You won’t give me flowers and ask me if I’ve done something to my hair because it looks nice, will you?”

Mike laughed, “No, I promise. You bring yourself, and some alcohol, and all will be good, I promise. We’ll enjoy it. It’s no different from any other date hmm”

“That makes sense” Danny smiled.

“Finally something does” Mike leant down and kissed him again before stepping back and looking at the mess on the floor, “Come on; let’s get this mess cleared up, hmm?”
    Danny: but i haven't shaved yet
    Alfie: don't worry darlin, no-ones going to see those lovely legs of yours

Ooh, just read the whole thing in one go - hope Johnny doesn't find out, he'll go mental! I love Danny and his mood swings though!

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    Oh my lord what will Johnny please don't let him hurt Danny how mean it's fabaroonie as usual keep it up
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

When are you going to be writing more

heya dears! thanks for the replies, heres more!

“He’s Johnny Allan’s son?” Alfie nearly dropped the box of ornaments.

“Yeah” Jake rubbed his eyes, “Johnny basically said who his son works with and is friends with is up to him. But if Danny messes up…”

“I see” Alfie put the box down and leant against the stall. “You’re going to talk to Danny aren’t you?”

“I have to Alfie” Jake stared across the square, “you know he could find another job”-

“Hey come on now Jake, we know it isn’t as simple as that” Alfie spoke up, “you know he loves his job, he’s been quite happy since he started there. If you start having a go, he’ll go off on one, and think you’re trying to ruin things”-

“Before he does” Jake sighed.

“That’s not fair now is it” Alfie replied. “Everything was fine until you found out about who Mike’s father is”

“Yeah but”-

“Hi Alfie” they both turned to see Zoe standing by nervously. “Sorry, am I interrupting?”

Jake exhaled and looked at Alfie, “I’ll see you later”

“Yeah, bye Jake” Alfie waved him off and turned around. “Alright Zoe?” he asked, putting an arm around the girl who was technically his stepdaughter.

She offered a nervous smile, “I’m fine Alfie. I just thought you should know, about Kat”

Alfie tensed as he pulled away from her. “Is she alright?”

“Yeah yeah, nothing’s wrong” Zoe quickly assured, “But, she’s coming back to Walford soon. This week.”

“Oh” Alfie sighed and closed his eyes briefly. “Well, of course she was bound to come back soon, Walford’s where she belongs, it’s her home” he opened his eyes again “you’ll get your mum back, so that’s great” he plastered on a smile for her.

“Yeah, but you belong here too… are you alright, really?” Zoe asked, knowing he was acting like everything was fine when it wasn’t “Because really, you should be getting your wife back” Zoe said.

Alfie sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “I’m fine darling… I knew she’d come back I just wasn’t expecting it to be this soon”

“You could call her” Zoe suggested, “I have her number back home”-

“I don’t know Zoe… not now” Alfie replied.

“Well….you’re going have to face each other and talk sometime Alfie” Zoe told him, which he already knew was true.

“I know Zoe. Look I’ve got to pack up, if…if Kat phones again tell her…”

“I’ll tell her you say hi” Zoe smiled at him sympathetically.

Alfie nodded, “Yeah. Thanks darling” he smiled back and gave her a brief hug.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“Danny” Jake called as he went upstairs. He opened their bedroom door and walked in to find his brother shrugging on a different jacket. “You’re going out?”

Danny faced away from his brother as he did it up, “Yeah. You don’t mind me taking that wine you bought the other day do you?” he reached for his keys.

“… No, you can have it. I take it you’re out on a date”

Danny dropped the keys onto the floor, “uh, yeah” he bent down and picked them up.

“Can I expect you back any time tonight? Wait, knowing you you’ll probably be at hers all night”

“No! I think I’ll come back here” Danny turned and saw the look his brother gave him. “she uh, is a nurse, works odd hours… those uniforms huh, what kind of guy could resist them?”

“Alright. Look Danny, we need to talk sometime”

“About what? I haven’t done anything” Danny snapped.

“I didn’t say you have” Jake looked at him suspiciously, “I just wanted to see how you were handling the situation… you know what I’m talking about”

Danny blinked.

“Don’t act stupid, I’m talking about Mike and Johnny”

Danny swallowed, “It’s no big deal is it, Mike’s still the same person, he’s not like his dad… besides, it doesn’t bother any of us really does it?”

“… not really” Jake said slowly.

“Well then” Danny said and walked past him, “there’s nothing to worry about, I’m sure we can all live together in harmony and all that jazz”

“Right” Jake replied as Danny left the room.

Aww, I hope Danny's right that everything will be ok! Loved Alfie's interaction with Zoe too - he's so sweet to her!

cheers me dears!!! heres a big part for ya

Danny shivered as he stood nervously outside of Mike’s front door. He thought he was going to throw up from the feelings swarming around his mind and body. When the door opened he bit his lip.

Mike stood there with the light behind him pouring out, “Danny”

“I come bearing gifts” Danny held up the wine and smiled back.

“Oh great! Thank you” Mike took it off him and read the label, “wow this is good stuff, and it’ll go great with dinner. Come on in” he stepped aside.

Danny cleared his throat and walked in. Mike reached around him and closed the door before aiming a kiss on Danny. “Take off your coat, make yourself at home”

Danny looked around the lounge. It was painted blue, and the three seated sofa matched. There was a bookcase, a TV set, a coffee table – mike had cleaned up. “Where should I put my jacket?”

“Oh uh, anywhere really”

Danny glanced around before draping it over the arm of the sofa.

Mike smiled at him. “I’ve nearly finished dinner. I wasn’t sure what you’d like but thought hey, can’t go wrong with pasta and sauce right?” he headed towards the kitchen and dining room, taking the wine with him.

“You didn’t have to go to any trouble” Danny replied.

“For you Danny, it’s not trouble” Mike smoothly replied, “I just thought it’d be nice”

“Oh, it is! Sorry, I’m just nervous, and not used to this kind of thing… You’d be lucky if I don’t set fire to cheese on toast. Even microwave meals seem to be a challenge”

Mike laughed, “Where you lack in cooking skills, you make up for in other areas”

Danny blushed, “I just don’t want you to be disappointed when the only meal I can offer you is a take away, less risk of poisoning us both then”

“Dan, you’re so sweet” Mike chuckled as he helped shrug off Danny’s worries.

“Is there anything I can do?”

“Oh right, yes, can’t have you standing around” Mike gestured to the sauce, “stir that for me please”

“Okay. I guess nothing can go wrong if I’m just stirring it”
    “We hope so” Mike smirked, knocking on the wooden chopping board.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“Where’s Danny?” Nana had asked the two men sat on the sofa.

“He’s out on a date Nana, he’ll be back late – we warned him to be quiet when he gets back and not to wake you” Alfie replied.

“Oh” Nana reached for her handbag, “and why don’t you boys have any dates hmm?”

Alfie grinned, “We already have the perfect woman here Nana”

Nana laughed, “Not for long you don’t anyway – I’m off out to bingo”

“Now?” Alfie asked.

There was the bleep of a carhorn sounded from outside. “Yes – that’s Gloria right now. You boys have fun” she called as she zipped up her coat and left.

“Bye” Alfie and Jake called after her.

“Alfie, there’s something wrong mate when our Nana has a better social life than us” Jake commented, “why is it Danny always gets the girls?”

“Well he can have my share, I’m not up for dating” Alfie sighed.

Jake glanced over at him, “what’s up Alfie? You’ve looked like your mind is in another place ever since you got back from work”

Alfie rubbed his eyes and ran a hand through his hair. “Zoe told me that Kat’s coming back, this week”

“You mean Kat...”

“My estranged wife, yeah” Alfie sighed and leant back on the sofa, staring up at the ceiling. “It feels weird… a couple of months ago we were so happy, you know, like we could take on the world, and now…” he closed his eyes.

“…You miss her” Jake stated.

“Like crazy, yeah” Alfie replied sadly. “Sometimes I can handle that she left and I think I’m fine without her. Then other times I’m kicking myself that I let her go, that I didn’t fight for her hard enough… there’s no one like her Jake. I can’t love anyone else like I loved… like I love Kat”

“Wow…that’s deep” Jake commented.

“Yeah”

“What are you going to do, when she gets back?”

“I don’t know mate… I just don’t know”

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“I’m really sorry” Danny muttered again.

Mike laughed, “stop apologizing. Really, don’t worry about it; you won’t believe how many times I’ve spilt wine over the carpet”

“Yeah but this is your new house, and it’s our first… I didn’t want to mess anything up”

“Come here” Mike gently pulled Danny down onto the sofa next to him and turned his face towards his, kissing him slowly.

Danny sighed when they parted and smiled lazily back at him.

“I don’t know about you, but I’m really enjoying this evening together” Mike said.

“Me too. You went to all this trouble, and it was great… I hope you think it was worth it, all that, all this niceness, for someone like me”

“Why have you got to put yourself down all the time Danny?” Mike put his hand on Danny’s face and rubbed his thumb over his cheekbone.

Danny glanced down. “I just… I worry... I mess everything up, I always have done. Things start to go fine and then…”

“What?”

“…I do something, or say something stupid and everything falls apart. It’s like taking one step forward and two steps back, with me. I try you know, I try hard to make things right but it always seems to make it worse-… I’m sorry, I’m killing the mood aren’t I?”

“No, no Danny not at all… I’m here for you whenever you want to talk about anything, and I mean anything”

Danny sighed, “I don’t want to disappoint you” he admitted quietly.

“Oh Danny” Mike whispered, “I wish you could see what I see. That you’re intelligent” he kissed Danny, “funny” he kissed him again, “sweet”, he kissed him on the mouth.

Danny kissed him back before Mike pulled away slightly. “Okay, if you say so” Danny sighed. “…let’s talk about something else”

“… do you want more wine?” Mike asked.

Danny laughed, “Mike, are you trying to get me drunk?”

“Maybe, is it working?” Mike smiled back.

“No, you don’t have to get me drunk to do anything anyway” Danny grinned and surprised Mike slightly when he pulled him into another kiss.

Mike smiled against him and slowly pushed him to lie down on the sofa as they kissed.

Awwww, bless - Danny's sweet putting himself down all the time. And LOL at Nana having a better social life than Jake and Alfie!

Thread Information