Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maybe next time (Eastenders, danny centred)

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    I smell trouble
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

oops, that was me!

Part 12

Danny entered the shop slowly and cautiously, nervously chewing his lip as he walked in. Mike wasn’t on the shop floor. He didn’t know whether this made him relieved or more nervous. He stood for a long moment just staring at the end of the stairs. He couldn’t run away.

He slowly made his way up the stairs and entered the studio. “Mike?” he called.

Mike was setting up equipment when he looked up, nearly dropping the camera he was holding when he saw Danny. “Danny” he said back.

They both remained still as an awkward silence dragged on. “I’ll just uh” Danny gestured towards the makeshift staffroom and hesitated before walking over to it. He pulled back the curtain and slipped inside, closing his eyes and mentally kicking himself. With a sigh he put down his bag and shrugged off his jacket. He could hear Mike slowly continuing setting up outside. He bit his lip and slipped back out the little area. “Need any help?”

Mike paused. “Uh, yeah”

“Well, I am paid to help you, so” Danny looked around before heading over to move some boxes out of the way.

Mike nodded and watched Danny silently. This was so awkward. They worked together in silence, shifting equipment and setting it up. Mike turned and knocked a pile of paperwork off the table onto the floor, “oh damn” he mumbled.

Danny immediately bent down and began picking up the pieces of paper.

“Just leave it Danny, I’ll sort it out”

“I’m just”-

“leave it!” Mike repeated.

Danny stopped and slowly stood up, his knees cracking as he did so, making him wince. “This is stupid” Danny stated. They stood there for a moment staring at the paper scattered on the floor. Danny swallowed then licked his lips, “we have to talk. The other night”- Danny started.

“I’m sorry about that, it won’t happen again. I know you don’t really want to talk about it or maybe you do, you’re probably still mad”-

“I’m not mad at you” Danny cut in. “I’m not mad about what happened either, it was just a kiss…”

“Yeah… that’s all it can be. I know, we’re just friends and work together, I got it”

Danny sighed. “I’m sorry about how I reacted. I, I was just, Well I’m confused”

“I understand… I didn’t mean to cause you any grief”

“I know” Danny folded his arms and leant against the table, “I’m confused because, well I like you… I’m not homophobic or anything, I just, well I’ve never…”

“You don’t need to explain Danny; let’s just forget it ever happened”

“… No” Danny said after some silence.

“No?” Mike looked confused.

“… No. I can’t just forget it. It’s been driving me mad ever since”

“Danny”-

“I’m not saying that I like guys … but I like you… and…”

“…What?” Mike asked stepping closer.

Danny stood up nervously and he looked down embarrassed. Danny swallowed. He exhaled shakily before going towards Mike and practically threw himself at the slightly taller male, kissing him on the cheek.

They both blushed and looked at the ground when Danny stepped away.

“Well…you didn’t throw popcorn all over us this time” Mike said.

Danny was looking everywhere but at him, “I just…I’m sorry”

“It was just a kiss” Mike replied.

“… sort of”

“Sort of?”

“Well, it wasn’t a proper kiss was it” Danny looked up then away again, “God what am I saying? I’m sorry, first I react like I don’t want to be near you, and now I just threw myself at you like some kind of”-

Mike put his hands on Danny’s shoulders and pulled him forward, pressing their lips together quickly. He pulled back to see Danny looking at him like a deer caught in the headlights. “Was that a proper one?”

Danny opened and shut his mouth a few times, “uh, yeah”

“Did you mind?”

“Huh?”

Mike still had his hands on him. “Danny, do you like me?”

“…Yeah”

“Did you like me kissing you?”

Danny thought about it and almost felt betrayed when he admitted “I think so…yeah”

Mike smiled at him, “You know I like you… Danny if you don’t want to do anything just say, if you do want to do something then tell me. I won’t make you do anything you don’t want to… I know you’re still confused. And, like you said, you’ve never done anything with a guy before… you have to tell me what you’re thinking and what you want”

“I…I don’t know” Danny looked down, “I like you. I like hanging out with you…that’s what people who like each other do isn’t it? I’m just so confused, I haven’t spoken to anyone about it, I mean, if my family knew…” he closed his eyes.

“You don’t have to tell anyone anything if you don’t want to” Mike said. “I won’t tell anyone anything unless you want me to”

“I don’t want anyone to know… I can’t do this right now, I can’t be here” Danny shook his head as he edged backwards, stumbling over a box. “I’m sorry”

“Danny wait, let’s talk”-

Danny didn’t wait though, he did what he always did when he panicked – he ran.
    Danny: but i haven't shaved yet
    Alfie: don't worry darlin, no-ones going to see those lovely legs of yours

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww my poor baby

“Danny you’re going to be late for work” Jake had snapped the next morning – but really he was concerned about his brother’s behavior the past few days.

“I don’t feel well” was his brother’s lame reply.

“You’re not a school kid Danny, and you’re perfectly fine”

“But Jake”-

“Danny!” Jake snapped warningly. “What’s wrong with you? You’ve been acting weird for days”

Danny swallowed and looked away.

“Come on Dan. don’t mess up now when you’ve been doing so well. Get your stuff and go to work, I’ll take you there myself if I have to”-

Danny snapped, “Fine, I’m going alright” and left the kitchen, leaving a bewildered Jake.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“Hey” Mike said when Danny arrived. “… have you come to say you’re quitting?”

“No” Danny replied

“…Are you alright?”

“Yeah. You?”

“you’re not fine Danny. I suppose you’ve changed your mind since yesterday?”

“About what?”

Mike gave him a look. “You said you liked me… but you’ve probably changed your mind now”-

Danny looked away, “I haven’t”

“…so you still like me as a friend”

“I don’t know. I don’t know what we are. Because, I like you and we’ve kissed and I didn’t not like it… I wanted to do it, and I do like you…as in like like you”

There was silence before Mike said “…is it alright if I ask you out tonight?”

“What?” Danny’s gaze snapped to him, “you mean like a”-

“Not a date as such. Just hang out, go for a drink”

Danny swallowed. That was no big deal, they’d gone out for a drink together before loads of times “…is that all?”

“if that’s all you want”

“well…we could see how it goes”

“Really?”

“Yeah” Danny nodded.

“You can change your mind”-

“We’ve hung out together before, been for drinks before… its just the same right?”

“Right, no drastic changes”

“Right, we’ll just happen to probably do stuff that friends might not normally do together”

Mike smiled. “Look, if you freak out and you run off again I’ll understand”

“I’m sorry about that”

“No need to apologize Dan, I remember what it was like when I first started experimenting with guys” Mike sat down on a chair, “…How were you when you went home? Did you talk to your brother or anyone?”

“No” Danny answered quickly. “I just carried on as normal”

Mike nodded, “look, we better start actually doing some work” he glanced at the clock, “but we can talk more later and, I’m looking forward to tonight” he smiled.

“…Me too” Danny admitted as smiled shyly, turning and heading back downstairs to his desk.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“Has someone got a hot date?” Alfie teased, poking Danny.

“What?!” Danny squirmed and leapt back.

“Someone’s dressed up, and looking nervous, no wonder you’re suddenly happy again” Alfie smirked.

“I’m not dressed up!” Jake snapped.

“Alright, you have a point, but you only wear that jacket when you want to impress”

“How would you know? And shut up, I’ve not got a date” Danny mumbled.

“You’re losing your touch Danny, you’re a Moon, you’re supposed to be hitting them off with a stick” Alfie continued.

“I’m just going out for a drink”

“You mean you’re on the pull”

“Why don’t you worry about your own love life, or lack of, old man. Excuse me” Danny edged past him and left.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“You don’t need to be so nervous Danny” Mike smiled. He was on his second drink already and Mike had only had half of his first one.

“I’m not” he replied, tapping his glass. “Okay maybe a bit”

“There’s no need to be”

“I know”

“… we could go somewhere else, with less people, would that help?”

Danny thought about it, “maybe, if you don’t mind”-

“I wouldn’t suggest it if I did. I don’t want to sound cliché or anything but, we could go back to mine for coffee, and I mean coffee”

“Yeah, I’d rather we do that”

“Alright then” Mike smiled and passed Danny his jacket.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“Well, someone took a happy pill today” Alfie commented.

“I told you Danny would go back to being like this didn’t I?” Jake said. When his brother had got back he was a bit quiet again, but he was in a good mood – he even made them all a cup of tea and it was a sharp contrast to that morning, but at least he seemed better.

“I guess working with this Mike guy is having an effect on your brother, calming him down”

“Hmm, must be the responsibility and not being around me 24/7 that’s changed him”

“So what do you make of his attitude this weekend then?”

“Danny’s always switching moods like that, I don’t think it was really anything. He’d tell me if something was wrong, or important stuff”

“Yeah”
    (\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

They walked down the alley together laughing at what Mike had said, things had relaxed a bit more now and less awkward. Mike sighed as he calmed down and then casually slung an arm around Danny.

Danny froze momentarily out of habit, which caused Mike to stop.

“Sorry” Mike mumbled embarrassed and began to move his arm.

“No, it’s just me being weird” Danny said turning to be in front of Mike, whose arm had fallen so his hand rested on Danny’s side.

“It’s alright, you want to take things slow” Mike nodded in understanding.

Danny bit his lip. Maybe Alfie had a point about losing the charm – he was a moon, it didn’t matter how nervous or inexperienced he was, he should probably make Mike interested in him. And plus the alcohol might have had the tiniest of affects. Danny looked around then quickly got close and gave Mike a quick kiss.

“Mm” Mike pulled back, “or maybe you don’t” he smiled.

“I want to do more of that when we get back to yours” Danny grinned.

Mike leaned down and kissed him again glad he wasn’t freaking out again. They smiled and walked side by side towards Mike’s flat. They crossed the road and as they did they both saw a familiar car pull up nearby.

“Oh god” Danny muttered to himself, feeling like running again.

The car door opened and Johnny Allan stepped out. He turned as he slammed the door shut, “Danny?” he glanced to Mike, “Michael” he smiled.

“Uh, hi dad” Michael replied, smiling back politely.

Danny did a double take. Johnny Allan was Mike’s dad?

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh my god weeing my self as we speak oh my god did he see oh my god oh my god

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pretty please

“I didn’t know you know each other” Johnny glanced towards Danny who was looking like a deer caught in the headlights again.

“Likewise” Mike commented giving his own look to his father, “he’s the one I’ve taken on in the shop”

“Oh really?” Johnny raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah. He’s a pleasure to have around” Michael smiled.

Danny was trying to look everywhere but at Johnny.

“If you say so” Johnny said slowly.

“Yes, I do” Mike stated, “and may I ask how you two know each other?”

Before Danny could answer Johnny said, “I employ his brother at my new club, Scarlet”

“Well, it is a small world” Mike commented.

“It is indeed” Johnny smiled.

“What did you come to see me about dad?”

“To talk business, as well as see my son” Johnny replied, “but if you’re busy?”

“We”-

“I was heading back to mine anyway” Danny suddenly found his voice and Mike turned to face him. “thanks, for the drink and everything Mike, so uh, I’ll see you tomorrow at work yeah?” he hoped Mike could see in his eyes the desperate plea to get away from Johnny, even though he didn’t want to, he wanted to be with Mike, alone.

“…Yes, tomorrow, right” Mike nodded feeling disappointed. Damn his father’s timing, and just when Danny was getting more relaxed and confident as well. “Uh, I could give you a lift”-

“No you two do what you got to do, Jake will probably be expecting me anyway… see ya” Danny quickly walked away, glancing back over his shoulder and mouthing sorry to Mike.

Mike watched after him then turned to face his father.

“Drinking together after work, I didn’t know you were that friendly”

“I wouldn’t work with him if I didn’t like him would I?”

Johnny smiled slowly, “are we going into yours, or are we going to stand out here in the cold all night?”

Mike sighed and led the way.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

Danny stood in front of front door, resting a hand against it. He couldn’t believe it – the one guy he could possibly start something with, and it had to be Johnny Allan’s son! He mentally kicked himself repeatedly. How the hell could someone so nice and handsome have been the child of him? He shuddered.

This changed everything. If Johnny found out he was kissing his son, he would kill him – the look on his face when he saw them walking together was enough to indicate Johnny was going to start asking questions and sticking his oar in.

Great, just flaming great. He managed to unlock the front door and allow himself in.

“Danny, is that you dear?” Nana called out from the lounge.

Danny sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, “yeah” he called out.

“Oh, Alfie and Jake are at that new club, what is it again…crimson?”

“Scarlet”

“Yes scarlet darling, I told them I’d tell you when you got in so you could join them”

Scarlet was the last place he wanted to be right now, and he couldn’t face Alfie or Jake. Jake would take one look at him and know something was up. “I’ve had enough drink for one night Nana… I’ll keep you company”

“Oh you don’t want to stay in with an old dear like me” Nana said, looking back at the old black and white film she had rented.

“Don’t be silly Nana” Danny called back, “you stay there, I’ll stick the kettle on”

“What a nice boy you are Daniel” Nana smiled.

Danny walked into the kitchen and closed the door behind him, closing his eyes as he leant against it. Life sucked, it royally sucked. Typical, everytime something starts to go right, something comes along to ruin it if he didn’t ruin it himself.

He could have been at Mike’s place, chatting over coffee, chilling on the sofa, kissing like boyfriend and uh… boyfriends do. Instead he had come running scared back home, and it looked like he’d be watching some old film with Nana until she fell asleep.

Just, great.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

For the past 15 minutes, Mike had been silently annoyed, while his father kept insisting on finding out how he and Danny had met etc.

“Son, Danny isn’t reliable”

“He is. He’s a hard worker, and I trust him” Mike looked up from some documents his father was showing him.

“Did you even bother to check his employment history before you took him on?”

Mike shifted uneasily, “why are you so interested anyway, how do you know what he’s like?”

“He’s worked for me before Michael”

Mike stopped and looked up – he knew exactly what kind of work his father and his friends did. “How come you never mentioned him before then?”

“He’s never been worth mentioning”

Mike looked back down, “Well, what he’s done in the past is none of my business. And I’ve had no problems with him”

“For now”

Mike looked up, “what’s that supposed to mean?”

Johnny gave his son a look. “…You think he’s reliable and all that now, but just you wait son, and take my word for it – he will mess up. He always does and drags everyone else down with him. I don’t want you to suffer because of his foolishness”

“Well, if he does then that’s MY problem to deal with, isn’t it?” Mike said back snappily.

touche darling that's brill poor Danny oh Johnny is so mean turning up like that

Wow! I love this script! Continue!

thankyou my dears. here's some more.

PART 15

Jake frowned and rolled over to lie on his back, “Danny, what’s wrong?” It was nearly 2 in the morning and Danny was still fidgeting about, no where near sleep.

“Nothing” was Danny’s response.

“You’ve been weird again since you’ve got home… are you sure you don’t want to tell me anything? You’ve been all over the place for days”

“I’m fine”

“No you’re not… have you gotten yourself into some kind of trouble?”

“No” Danny snapped. He sighed as he rolled over to face his brother. “It’s just…”

“What?” Jake pressed, sitting up slightly.

“I found out that, that Mike is Johnny’s son” Danny admitted, guessing he could at least tell his brother half the truth, seeing as Johnny would probably say something to Jake.

Jake blinked at him. “You’re working for Johnny Allan’s son?”

“That’s what I just said” Danny rolled his eyes, “I had no idea until Johnny turned up when Mike and I were, uh, coming back from the pub, and they started talking and that’s how I know”

Jake lay back down. “Blimey… It won’t affect your things though will it.You’re working for Mike after all, not Johnny”-

“Yeah but we all know what Johnny thinks of me. What if he tells Mike stuff? There goes my job and, mate” Danny swallowed.

“… Mike won’t listen to his dad though”

“How do you know?”

“Well what makes you think he will?”

“Because you know what Johnny’s like!”

“And Mike knows what you’re like” Jake pointed out.

“So what are you saying?”

Jake sighed, “I’m saying… go to work, and see how it goes”

“Some help you are”

“Well what can I do Danny? I can’t tell them what to think or do can I?”

Danny swallowed, “do you think it’ll be alright?”

“…Yeah. Yeah of course. You’re getting worked up over nothing”

“You think so?”

“Yeah… you said it was nothing in the first place anyway...Come on, we need to get some sleep Danny”

“…okay….Yeah, you’re probably right anyway…worked up over nothing…’night” Danny rolled over and stared at the other side of the room.

“Good night” Jake replied, wondering about what Johnny would have to say about it the next day.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“I’m not sure I can do this anymore” Danny whined, “this changes everything – do you have any idea how much your dad dislikes me?” he paced around Mike’s studio the next morning.

“Who cares about what he thinks”-

“I do!”

“Danny, I’ve never paid attention to what my dad’s said to me my whole life – do you think I’d be a photographer if I had listened to him?”

“But if he found out”-

“He wouldn’t”-

“He could! Johnny has a way of finding out things… What if he randomly turns up like he did last night, and caught us doing stuff, he’d kill me!”

“He wouldn’t, its not like he can blame you for”-

“He could and he would” Danny paced, “you have no idea”

“Danny, I know exactly what my father does, and I know that you’ve worked for him in the past” Mike said.

Danny turned around and stared at him, “I only did it because”-

“I know your brother still works for him. And to be honest Danny, I don’t care what you did for him because that’s in the past. You’re working for me now, and I know you’re hardworking and a sweet guy. I like you because you’re you Danny, not because of your employment” Mike laughed.

Danny swallowed and shook his head, “but if your Dad knows, then he’ll tell my family, and I don’t know what I’d do, I don’t know how I’d be able to look Jake in the eye again”

“Danny just take a moment to calm down”

“Calm down?”

“Yes. It’s not like he knows we LIKE each other or that we’ve started… well, we’ve kissed. He knows you work for me and we go out sometimes for a drink and stuff. That’s all”

Danny shook his head, “I can’t even handle that, let alone if he knew…I just cant do it!”

“But Danny”-

“Shut up!”

“Calm down!”

“Don’t tell me to calm down!” Danny yelled throwing everything off the desk with one big sweep of his arm. He placed his hands on the desk top and panted, looking down, as silence filled the room. “God, I’m sorry” Danny put his elbows on the desk and put his hands over his face, “I’m sorry, I’m just so confused…I didn’t mean to”-

“Hey forget about the mess, I’m worried about you” Mike stepped over the stuff on the floor and stood besides Danny. “I understand how scared you are” he put his hand on Danny’s shoulder.

“No you don’t!” Danny sniffed as tears fell.

Mike swallowed, and put his other hand on Danny’s other shoulder so he gently rubbing them both, “I do Danny… I hate seeing you like this” he frowned, inwardly blaming himself for Danny’s whole turmoil, “I still feel the same about you”

Danny bit his lip. “… I..I do too” he said quietly.

“Then please, don’t let who my dad is ruin things between us”

Danny stood up and Mike backed up a little, thinking he didn’t want him anywhere near him. Danny turned around and placed his hands on Mike’s chest, clutching to the other man’s top as he leant into his shoulder and began openly crying. Mike frowned and cautiously put his arms around Danny as he cried.

“I don’t know what to do anymore… but I know I like you, that way, which I’ve never…” Danny mumbled against Mike’s shoulder.

“I can’t tell you how to feel Danny, or tell you what to do and stuff, you have to decide what’s best for you” Mike rubbed Danny’s back lightly.

“…I’m not sure” Danny pulled away enough to be able to look at Mike.

“ssh, its alright” Mike pressed a kiss to his forehead.

Danny swallowed and moved his arms, so he could place his hands on Mike’s face and direct his lips to his own.

Mike pulled back, “Danny, we shouldn’t, not when you’re”-

“Shut up, and stuff Johnny... I’m sure about doing this” Danny whispered and kissed him again, as if it would take all the hurt, the confusion, the doubts and the tears away.

Thread Information