Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe next time (Eastenders, danny centred)

PART 7

“You don’t still think Mike is imaginary do you?” Alfie asked Jake with a slight smirk as they sat in the cafereria.

“I don’t think Danny is working where he says. I know he’s my brother but, I don’t know” Jake sighed.

“Why don’t you just ask where it is he works, and just happen to turn up sometime?” Alfie asked.

“You know Danny, he’ll go off on one about me not trusting him and checking up on him like a kid”

Alfie gave him a look.

“I’m just looking out for him”

“I think you should leave it. He’s actually been in a good mood, and he’s helping out money wise, just leave it Jake. This guy, Mike, or whoever he is, he seems alright, Danny seems to like him”

“But what about when it all goes wrong Alfie, who’s he going to turn to? Me, that’s who, I’m his older brother, I need to know things. You know what it’s like”

Alfie shook his head and exhaled deeply, “I think he’s doing alright this time though”

“…you do?” Jake asked. Usually it was him defending his brother, and Alfie throwing accusations around.

“Just think about how he’s been lately, and anyway think about what you’re doing, working for Johnny Allan. You don’t want to be a hypocrite Jake”

Jake swallowed and shifted in his chair. “Look, I’ve got to get back. Thanks for lunch Alfie”

“Yeah, see you later Jake” Alfie sighed.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

Danny had a hand flat on his stomach as he turned slightly in the swivel chair he was sat on and continued laughing.

“It wasn’t that funny” Mike said but couldn’t resist a lopsided smile.

“You didn’t see it from here mate, she went, flying!” Danny stated, remembering how the silence down on the shop floor had been interrupted by one of Mike’s clients falling down the stairs, with her handbag and two shopping bags tumbling after her.

“You could have started laughing after she left though. Professional conduct and all that”

“Do you have CCTV in here? You could get money for a clip like that”

Mike shook his head silently as he leaned over Danny to look at the appointment book. “Well, at least it happened after her photos were taken”

“Shame, she looked better after”

“Danny!” Mike punched Danny lightly on the arm but laughed. “Ok, it was a bit funny, but she could have been seriously hurt”

“Could have, but wasn’t” Danny smiled. “Sorry, I know I shouldn’t be laughing or saying that”

“You can’t help being honest, besides your charm overrides the rudeness and insult” Mike said, “you still could have helped me help me and pick up her stuff though”

“Sorry, I’ll take this as a learning experience then”

“About what?”

“When it’s appropriate to laugh” Danny answered and glanced at the clock. “It’s alright to take my lunch break now aint it?”

“Yeah sure, no-one’s coming in till half 2 anyway”

“Thanks, I’ll just phone my brother, see if he’s free to meet up”

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

Jake laughed slightly as Danny finished recalling what had happened at work. To Danny, the moment was classic, and bound to have him randomly laughing for at least a week.

“You seem to be enjoying working with Mike” Jake commented.

“Yeah. Yeah, I’m a bit surprised about it as well, I thought it would be more, well, boring” Danny admitted as he finished laughing and calmed down.

“I’m glad things are going well for you” Jake smiled and licked his lips as he shifted on his chair, “so Danny, where”-

“Alright boys? Having a private conversation or can I borrow Jake for a while to do some work” Johnny greeted as he walked into his club, Scarlet, and saw the two sat at the bar.

“We were just”-

“I’ve got to head back anyway, I’ll catch you later Jake” Danny announced and aimed a look at Johnny for interrupting, but left anyway.

“Yeah, later Danny” Jake called after him.

“What did he want?” Johnny asked.

“He was on his lunch break, and fancied a chat with his brother, that’s all” Jake replied.

“What exactly is he doing?”

“You mean his job?” Jake asked, and Johnny nodded, “He’s just doing helping out a mate who owns some kind of shop”

“This mate must be very naïve, or trusting, if they let Danny near a till”

“He’s not that bad Johnny, he seems to be doing alright for himself lately”

“If you say so Jake, come on, we got work to do” Johnny patted Jake’s shoulder and headed into the office.

Jake got up and followed, wondering how he could find out where Danny was going the past few days and if he was really was doing what he said he was.

PART 8

“How much caffeine have you had Danny?” Alfie asked his cousin who was rushing around grabbing his coat and his bag.

“None, I’m trying to be on time” Danny nicked the slice of toast out of Alfie’s hand, “catch ya later Alfie!”

“Danny!” Alfie yelled after him.

Jake walked into Danny as he rushed to the door, “hey slow down bruv”

“I’m going to be late”

Jake stepped out of his way, “want a lift?”

“No I’ll be fine” Danny was half in his jacket, flailing his spare arm to get it in. His brother helped him out.

“How about we meet later for lunch?”

“Sure, I’ll catch you in the café about 1” Danny flung the door open and left.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“You’re going to follow him?”

“Yes” Jake answered his cousin as he headed to Scarlet.

“You sure it’s a good idea?”

“I’ll be discrete, and there won’t be any harm” Jake adjusted his scarf.

“Are you sure about that?” Alfie asked, reaching his stall.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“Don’t worry about it, I know how it is when there’s one bathroom, and there’s that big rush in the morning” Mike patted Jake on the shoulder, “besides, 5 minutes is hardly something for me to get mad about. If you had been half an hour late…”

“I know, sorry, I just can’t mess this up you know. I don’t want to let Jake down. Or you”

“Don’t worry, you’re doing fine” Mike smiled reassuringly, “I’m pretty sure you’ve attracted more customers as well with your looks and personality”

“Now you’re over-doing the compliments”

“I’m just saying” Mike shrugged. “Right, I’ll be upstairs if you need me” he tapped the counter before heading up the stairs.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“How’s work going”

“Fine. How’s working for Johnny?”

“Fine”

The two brothers were finishing their lunches in the cafeteria.

“Oh”

“What, no smart remark Danny? Have the chemical fumes got to your head?”

Danny rolled his eyes, “look you do what you do, and I do what I do, let’s just leave it at that eh”

Jake regarded his brother carefully, “so, you didn’t get into trouble for being late?”

“Huh? I was only late by 5 minutes, it wasn’t a big deal” Danny shrugged it off and glanced at his watch, “mind you, if I don’t get a move on now I’ll be late again”

“Alright, you still on for a drink tonight with me and Alfie?”

“Like I’d turn down a drinking opportunity” Danny smirked.

Jake watched his brother leave the café. He looked around and after a moment followed.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

Jake stood on the opposite side of the road as he watched his brother run across towards a photography shop and studio. He put his hands in his pockets and sighed. Well, it looked like his brother had been telling the truth, and he wasn’t up to no good. But, what if he’d twigged Jake was following him and this was just a cover up?

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“So Danny boy, what’s my afternoon schedule like?” Mike asked walked around behind the counter.

Danny turned in the swivel chair, and grabbed the desk edge to pull him-self closer towards it. “It’s” he flipped open the book and used the biro to scroll through, “not that busy, two bookings”

“Yeah?” Mike stood behind him and put a hand on the desk and leant over Danny’s shoulder.

“Yeah see. One at 2 – Mr and Mrs. Johansson with their two kids, I’m sure that’ll be delight, screeching kids when you want a quiet afternoon” Danny tapped the page with his biro.

“Quiet?” Mike snorted, “it’s hardly quiet with you around Danny”

“I just make things lively, gotta keep from getting bored you know” Danny smiled at him.

“Yeah yeah, so what’s this other booking?” Mike asked leaning down a bit more.

“At half 3, the newly weds Mr and Mrs. White, so not only do you get screeching brats this afternoon you get a loved up couple that will be all over each other”

“Great”

“Do you have any camcorders? Because they might get a little enthusiastic and forget you’re there”-

“Danny, how am I going to deal with them now, with that in my head?” Mike turned his head to face Danny.

“You’ll be behind the camera, I’m sure all those camera flashes will distract them from seeing anything dodgy” Danny leered.

“Danny” Mike laughed, “it’s a good thing you’ll be down here”

“What, you wouldn’t let your friend in on a free peep show?” Danny grinned and turned the swivel chair slightly towards him.

“Not in those circumstances”

“Meaning?” Danny poked him in the chest with the end of the biro.

Mike glanced up at the window when something caught his eye, and then stood up straight and moved away from Danny.

The person on the other side of the glass had seemed startled by the movement and walked away.

“What?” Danny looked up at Mike then glanced to the window where people were walking past.

“I thought someone was going to come in, but they left”

“Oh” Danny leant back in his chair.

“Well, I better go set up in the studio” Mike ran a hand through his dark hair and headed to the stairs.

“Okay, do you want a coffee or anything?”

“Yeah please, oh tea actually, just a bit of milk”-

“And two sugars, I know” Danny span in the chair before going about making them.

Loving this script!

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    Brilliant babes can't wait 4 da next bit I love Danny bless him
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

awww thankyou my darlings!

PART 9

“He wasn’t lying” Jake said, sitting next to Alfie on the sofa.

“I told you… so now you know, why are you still looking suspicious?”

“huh? I’m not it’s just you know, I’m relieved he’s doing fine… I’m just tired from work that’s all”

Alfie offered him a sympathetic ‘I hear that’ smile, when they heard the front door open and the sound of their Nana laughing.

“Oh Danny, you cheeky lad” she chuckled to herself, “the things you tell me”

“You don’t mind though do you Nana, you’re quite wild yourself, I bet you cause Anarchy down at those bingo halls dontcha?”

Nana continued laughing, “I do nothing of the sort”

“Sure Nana” Danny winked at her, “do you want a cuppa?”

“Ooh that would be lovely” she patted his arm and shuffled into the lounge, “ah, hello boys”

“Alright nana, you sit here luv” Alfie got up from the armchair and patted it, “make yourself comfortable”

“Thankyou dear” Nana carefully sat down in it.

Jake smiled at her and got up, leaving Alfie to entertain her as he walked into the kitchen, where Danny was watching the kettle boil. “Let me guess, you all want one now?” Danny gestured to the teacups.

“Nah, we’re good” Jake smiled at him, “I just uh, well I wanted to say that I’m glad you’re enjoying your job and you’ve changed…you’ve been helping out more, you’ve matured a bit. I’m, well I’m…”-

“Proud?” Danny smiled at him. “Don’t start crying or anything” he folded his arms as he positively buzzed inside from the praise.

Jake grinned back, “I won’t!”

“...All I did was get a job, its not like I’ve sailed around the world”

“I know, but, we’ve given you a bit of a hard time lately and I just thought you should know” Jake admitted.

“It’s alright… I was giving you a hard time as well, so… we’re good yeah?”

“Yeah” Jake patted his brother’s shoulder.

“Aww, come here you big softie!” Danny teased, pulling his brother into a brief hug, laughing as he pulled away.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

By the next Friday, it was pretty quiet at Mike’s shop and studio. He watched Danny stare at the phone and chew on his biro. Danny had settled in really well, and he enjoyed working with him, he liked his company. He made him laugh, and came up with ways to pass the time when it was quiet. He was helpful, and nice – he was always making drinks for them. He was confusingly confident but shy at times, but Mike had some idea of what changed Danny’s self-confidence.

“Hey Danny” Mike broke the silence and caused the other man to look at him. “there’s a cinema somewhere nearby isn’t there?”

“Yeah, why, planning a cheap date?”

Mike laughed, “Like I have time to find a date or meet new people. I just fancied seeing that new horror film, the one with the creepy kid”

“Oh, well, the cinema - its right in the middle of town, you can’t miss it, if you go”-

“I wondered if you wanted to go with me. I don’t want to be one of those sad people who go on their own”

“Me?” Danny asked. “…is anyone else going?”

“Like I said, I’ve hardly made many mates since coming here. They’re mainly people my dad knows, and they’re not exactly the social kind”

Danny thought about it. He had seen the trailers for the film too and was interested in it. He was going to ask Jake and Alfie if they wanted to see it, they all seemed wrapped up in their own jobs lately… “Sure why not”

“Really? You don’t think its some lame attempt of a guys night out do you? You’re not doing it out of sympathy?”

“Nah, I want to see the film too. My brother and cousin don’t really have the time to see it…I think they were gunna wait to rent it”

“We could always go somewhere else afterwards, if its not that great”-

“Mike, we’re on okay. Just tell me what time you want to meet and I’ll be there”

Mike smiled. “Thanks. So, how about tomorrow?”

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

Jake was lying on their shared bed reading a thriller story when Danny came in unzipping his jacket.

“Thank God it’s the weekend! I need a lie in. God I miss the bed in the mornings” Danny kicked off his shoes and flopped down on the bed, moaning at the comfort.

Jake smirked, “we know, you always say when you’re being a grouch at breakfast”

“A grouch?” Danny rolled over to lie on his back.

“You’re not a morning person Danny”

“Right” Danny sat up and pulled off his t-shirt that was over a long sleeved top, “got any plans for the weekend, a date with Johnny perhaps?”

“I have some work to do yes" Jake sighed "but we can go for a drink if you want”

“Well, I’m going out tomorrow night”

“Yeah?” Jake looked up from his book, “you didn’t tell me you had a date, who is she?”

“It’s not a date” Danny rolled his eyes, “I’m just hanging out with Mike”

“Mike” Jake put the book down on the bedside table.

“Why do you always do that? I’m going to have to start calling you a Parrot from now on and feed you crackers”

“Where will you be going?” Jake asked.

“We’re just gunna see that new film, the horror one, with the freaky girl and that guy from the gangster films in it…what’s his name…”

“I thought we were waiting till it came out on video?”

“Don’t worry, I won’t spoil it for you, I won’t give any hints to the plot, I swear” Danny tugged off his jeans and climbed under the quilt “Don’t keep the light on for too long eh?” he curled up under the duvet.

“Okay” Jake said, picking up the book again slowly.
    Danny: but i haven't shaved yet
    Alfie: don't worry darlin, no-ones going to see those lovely legs of yours

Feed Jake crackers love to see that brill as I expected babes

Waiting bout 2 cry

i'm still tryna get over danny and alfie's use of the kitchen roll the other day!

PART 10

The next day, Danny found himself stood next to Mike in the busy cinema.

“So, popcorn… do you want sweet or salted?”

“Uhh, I don’t mind” Danny shrugged.

“Sweet?”

Danny nodded, “why don’t I get the popcorn and you get the tickets, saves time”

“You mean you want to eat a load before I can get to it”

“Yeah” Danny smirked.

“Alright alright, I’ll see you over there in a minute”

They went their separate ways, purchasing the said items and doing their individual tasks. Danny had just stuffed a handful of popcorn in his mouth when a tap on the shoulder caused him to jump.

Mike laughed as he put his arm around Danny’s shoulders, “Blimey, you get scared that easily? Don’t worry Danny boy, I’ll hold your hand if you get scared during the film”

“Yeah right, more like the other way around” Danny scoffed, “I was more worried about choking, or spilling this” he picked up the bag of popcorn.

“Heaven forbid” Mike mocked, “Are you going to be alright carrying that?”

“If you don’t make me jump, then yeah” Danny nudged him.

“Come on, it starts in 10 minutes, we might as well get some decent seats now”

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

They ended up sat quite far back near the aisle, sat next to each other, with the bag of popcorn resting on Mike’s lap. Danny stared at the screen with fascinated eyes as he watched the horrific drama unfold. That girl was sure as hell creepy. Slowly and cautiously he reached over and grabbed some popcorn, which crunched as he took it and slowly raised it to his mouth.

Mike turned his head to watch Danny absorbed in the film. He felt a smile tug at his lips – he hadn’t seen Danny sit still or be quiet for so long. He swallowed as he shifted in his chair slightly and continued to gaze at the slightly younger male. He’d been debating for some time but, it was now or never.

Danny had slowly reached another to grab more popcorn, subconsciously leaning towards Mike as he did so.

Mike took in a deep breath before darting forward slightly and pressing his lips to Danny’s cheek.

Danny let out a sound of surprise (Mike was unsure whether it was because of the kiss or the film, seeing as others jumped at that point). Due to Danny’s little reaction his arm had knocked the popcorn flying all over them.

“sorry I”-

“I’ll get some more!” Danny quickly blurted out, getting up and stumbling past Mike.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

He kissed me! He kissed me! HE kissed ME. KISSED. ME. These thoughts kept going through Danny’s mind as he burst into the males toilets. Mike had kissed him on the cheek, there was no mistaking that, it was no accident. Or maybe it was. yeah right.

He span around when someone came in – it was Mike. “Danny” he looked so embarrassed and guilty, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have”-

“You kissed me!” Danny blurted out, grateful no-one else was in there.

“I, well, yes, but”-

“You kissed me - why? What did I do?”

“What?”

“What did I do to make you do that?”

“Danny… I like you”

“You like me?” Danny turned away and closed his eyes, running his hands through his hair, “you mean”-

“As in, like like, yes”

“But, no one likes me, not like that” Danny walked towards the edge of the sinks and leant against it. He looked up, “did you plan it? Did you arrange this whole thing just so you could make a move on me?”

“No!”

“Been planning it since the day that we met?”

“For Christ’s sake Danny!” Mike said in frustration.

“Well, what is this is this some kind of joke?”

Mike looked hurt, “why would I do it for a joke?”

“I thought we were mates!”

“We were, are… I think. If you want us to be” Mike blushed.

Danny looked away. “So you’re gay” he stated rather than asked.

“If I am, what does it matter anyway?”

“I’m not…” Danny began pacing again, “Why did you do it?”

“I’ve told you, I like you, we have fun together, we have a laugh right… I thought… well I got it wrong, I’m sorry. I understand if you hate me now”

Danny sighed and closed his eyes again.

“If you want to quit work as well, then”-

“I’m not quitting because you…” now Danny blushed as he trailed off.

“I’m surprised you haven’t hit me by now… I was expecting you to hit me back in there”

Danny groaned. “I don’t want to hit you, I’m not… mad enough to hit you” he admitted and thought to himself – why aren’t I mad enough? Usually he hit first, thought later.

“Well, I suppose that’s a good sign” Mike offered a nervous smile.

Danny bit his lip and continued looking away.

Mike licked his lips. “Do you want to go watch the rest of the film”-

“No, I can’t do that now” Danny snapped, "how can you ask me that after what you just did?"

“You want to forget this happened”

“I think I should go”

“I’m sorry Danny… I didn’t want to ruin things between us and now I have, and it’s going to be awkward… I’m so sorry”

Danny put his hands in his pockets, “…I’ll see you on Monday at work right?”

There was a long moment of silence. “Right” Mike replied sadly.

Danny looked at Mike and couldn’t help but blush again. “some time apart to think…and forget…I’ll see you Monday” Danny blushed and exited hastily past Mike.

Mike closed his eyes and tilted his head back as he sighed. He’d really blown it.

Oh so Mike fancies Danny well I guessed that earlier I mean who could blame him I laughed out load at the kitchen roll how cute did they look

hehehe i know, i can imagine the look on jakes face if he walked in like omg, they have kitchen roll used like that

PART 11

Danny had gone for a drink, to try and calm down, but as he drank all he could think of was that there was some big neon pink sign above his head saying ‘A GUY KISSED ME’. He pushed away his second empty glass and headed home, with a mind full of confusion.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“How was it?”

“How was what?” Danny whirled around to see Jake standing behind him.

“The film, was it any good?”

“The film… Yeah, yeah you’ll like it” Danny nodded and edged past his brother.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”

Jake shrugged and watched as his brother headed straight upstairs to their bedroom. He shook his head and walked back into the lounge where Alfie and Nana were watching TV.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

Danny sat on the edge of his bed with his hands over his face. He couldn’t believe that Mike liked him that way, and even worse, Mike had kissed him. Okay it was on the cheek so it wasn’t as bad as if it had been on the lips. And the kiss hadn’t given him some disease, he wasn’t struck by lightning, it didn’t make him drop dead on the spot – it was just a kiss. But from a GUY!

He groaned and flopped backwards onto the bed, putting an arm over his eyes. He wasn't homophobic, but he didn’t like guys, not that way. And he liked Mike, but not that way, didn't he? They got on, they had a laugh, they worked well together… why did Mike have to kiss him? Why did he have to make him think and question things? Now things would be awkward.

He couldn’t get over the look on Mike’s face though… if he felt bad, then Mike must have been feeling 100 times worse, he’d make a move and been knocked back in quite an abrupt way. He looked so embarrassed, ashamed and guilty.

Maybe I should have been more sensitive. Maybe I should’ve laughed it off. Maybe I should have just watched the rest of the film with him.

But what did I do to give him the impression that I’m into guys? Danny thought, and if Mike thought he was, did that mean others thought so too? Did he come off as camp? He shuddered. Or maybe he was just too charming for his own good.

This was so confusing!

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“Dan what is with you?” Jake sighed and rolled over, “if you’re going to sleep can you just get into the bed instead of moving around, I’m trying to sleep”

Danny swallowed. This was no big deal, they were brothers, they’d shared a bed before. Jake was another guy and his brother – no sexual attraction what so ever, nothing dodgy here!

He awkwardly got into the bed and lay on his side rigidly, facing away from his brother and being as close to the edge of the bed as possible.

“Danny” Jake reached over and touched his brother’s shoulder.

“Hey!” Danny jumped and hit his brother’s hand away.

“I was just seeing if you were alright. God Danny, I’m not renting that film if it’s scared you that much, you’re acting weird”

“I’m not scared” Danny spat out, “and I’m not being weird, just leave me alone to sleep”

“Fine, be in a mood!” Jake rolled over to sleep, “You were bound to get like this sooner or later anyway”

“Meaning?”

“Just forget it Dan, go to sleep”

“No tell me!”

“You know what we think about your mood swings”

“I’m not in a mood!”

“Yeah, you’re not getting worked up at all are you?” Jake asked.

“Oh shut up”

Jake rolled his eyes, “Have you done something to annoy Mike?”

“What?” Danny snapped and sat up, “No, why? And why do you think its my fault if anything goes wrong, which hasn't by the way!”

“Calm down, I was just wondering”-

“Well things are fine, all right!”

“All right, jesus” Jake scoffed, “I’ll keep my mouth shut in future and leave you to be grumpy silently”

“Yeah, you do that” Danny turned over and lay down, covering himself to his chin with the blanket.

“Good night to you too” Jake muttered.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“Are you sure Danny doesn’t have PMS?” Alfie nudged Jake. “he’s been in a foul mood all day”

“It’s just Danny being Danny” Jake replied.

“Can’t you have a word with him or something; he’s going to end up breaking something with the way he’s storming around”

“Just ignore him, he’ll be all smiles and laughs again soon, you know what he’s like”

“Well I can’t wait for him to go back to work tomorrow, seems he’s only happy when he’s actually working… maybe he’s on drugs” he added jokingly.

Jake gave Alfie a look, “maybe you’re right about work I mean, he’ll probably talk to Mike if something’s up”

“Well he better cheer up soon, because I can’t stand him when he’s like this”

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“Dan, is there anything you want to talk about?”

Danny was lying on the bed and looked up at Jake standing in the doorway. “What? No”

“Are you sure?”

“I said no didn’t i?”

“Alright, no need to bite my head off” Jake snapped back.

Danny felt guilty. “I’m sorry… I don’t know why I’m being such a idiot lately”

“Maybe you’re just tired from working”

“Maybe”

“If you ever need to talk about anything you know you can come to me right”

“Jake you’re my brother, you’re the only who know I can trust and can turn to” Danny replied. Just not about this, he thought.

“…alright. We’re going to the pub in a bit, want to join us?”

“…Yeah, if Alfie don’t mind”

“Of course he won’t”

“Alright then. Hey Jake, sorry for being such a jerk lately”

“We all have our moments” Jake shrugged it off and left Danny on his own again. Danny sighed and closed his eyes, then opened them when he realised something.

whether the kiss had happened or not - he liked Mike.

Thread Information