Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carter leaves - but will reappear in future

Exclamation Carter leaves - but will reappear in future

ER's Noah Wyle, who has played the personable doctor on the NBC medical drama since the series' inception, will cease to be a cast regular after this year's season finale, May 19.

Carter will be saying fond farewells to his fellow medics at Chicago's County General hospital, because one week earlier in Paris, France, he's set in motion the next stage of his life, linking up again with Kem Likasu (Thandie Newton), the health administrator whom he met while working in Africa with an association of care workers similar to Doctors Without Borders.

The couple's reunion episode, airing May 12 and reportedly titled "Carter Est Amoureux," will shoot in Paris in April.

Carter and Likasu had a baby boy who was stillborn, after which she rejected his marriage proposal and returned to work with AIDS patients in Africa. Since then, Carter has been very unhappy, briefly drinking again and taking a stab at a new romance with social worker Wendall Meade (Mdchen Amick) fizzle.

The season-finale plotline not only allows for a happier resolution of Carter and Likasu's relationship, but it also makes it possible for Wyle to reappear for four episodes in each of the next two seasons of the series, which has been renewed through 2007-08. It also allows for Wyle to spend more time with his family and pursue other career opportunities, as he has wanted to do for sometime.

Source: Yahoo News

Ahh, thats a shame, but its good there not killing him of so that he can make guest appearances!

My mum will be gutted, she loves him!

NNOOOO!!! i love Noah wyle he is the best thing about ER, at least he can come back! so upset he is going!
    Noah Wyle is GORGEOUS!!!

i love noah tooooo he is the best looking in er :'(
    ;) Loving eastenders forever!!! ;) ;)

good luck to him but he will be sadly missed he keeps all the doctors together.

i really didnt like kem very much and was hoping he would get it together with the social worker. bit sad really as he is one of the best actors and characters on ER

Im so devastated about that. I had heard anyway but now will look forward to his return episodes so much. Hes the last of the original cast members to go! I think he is amazing, just wont be the same without

i really wanted carter and abby to get back together.am i the only one?

No i wanted them to too - they didn't break up properly - he just left and found Kem.

I really am gutted he is leaving, i sooooo wanted him and abby to be together!!!

Thread Information