Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Letitia time out angers Enders

Letitia time out angers Enders

Bosses at EastEnders have come under fire from their cast members today after they claimed that co-star Letitia Dean is receiving preferential treatment.

The 37-year-old actress who plays terracotta Sharon in the soap is being allowed to leave the show for an indefinite period again, while the door is left open for her to return as she pleases.

This has angered her co-stars, who were already miffed that the returning Steve McFadden, who plays ginger hunk of gristle, Phil Mitchell, was allowed to do panto.

An insider told the Daily Star: "There is a definite air of resentment about Letitia seemingly being allowed to just come and go as she pleases.

"Once again she will be taking an extended break, just as she has done before.

"It seems like there's one rule for her and one for the rest," the source added.

Three years ago Shaun Williamson, who played the hapless Barry Evans on the Square, had to quit the show after being forced to choose between doing panto or the soap.

Last time spoilt Letitia came back to the soap, her return was scheduled around her panto commitments.

The actress will leave the show in the new year, but will probably be back sometime in the future. She'll let you know.

I don't really care if she comes back or not, but EE bosses obviously see her as an asset that they want to keep at all costs. Some people are more valuable to employers than others, it is a fact of life.

They may be missing the point that her current popularity it so closely tied with that of Nigel Harmen - and he isn't coming back. Who wants Sharon rather than Shannis??

I totally she's had more time off than anyone there

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    She's obviously got it written into her contract though, which others may not have. I don't personally see her doing anything of much interest once they have both gone, she's now part of pairing and what could possibly give an expanation for reasons of her return....

Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    I totally she's had more time off than anyone there
    yeah

but letitia is a great actress so the bosses probably dont want to lose her

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Quote Originally Posted by samantha nixon
    but letitia is a great actress so the bosses probably dont want to lose her
    true!

I agree. When she comes back the next time she won't have much to do other than reminisce with Pauline, Pat etc. Unless they resurrect one of her relationships with either Grant or Phil but with Dennis no longer on the scene that doesn't seem interesting or exciting either.

i think they should get her back together with grant or phil as it would be good as peggy doesnt like her and stuff

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

I can understand why the rest of the cast are annoyed by it. But at the end of the day, she is a great actress and the viewers like watching her
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

Thread Information