Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Beale (Gillian Taylforth)

Red face

dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 19-08-2015 at 15:29.

Quote Originally Posted by xx_Dan_xx View Post
    I think permanent but this return is too stale.
    Im not a "surprise" person-so I like
    spoilers generally.
    But recently the amount of speculation
    and publicity given to some stories
    ( on all soaps) has done the story to death
    before its even started or got going!

I was looking forward to Kathys return
    as I always liked the character . I was
    prepared to accept the reason for the return
    would probably be a bit "iffy" .Now not
    sure.....

I accept in a way the producers blurb-
    but now some actors "bigging themselves
    up" and sometimes worse than producers.

They are soap actors!! (.and I enjoy soaps)
    but they are not saviours of humanity!
    last bit not directed at GT(aka Kathy)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    So far I am not keen or interested in her return as I don think there is a valid enough reason for her to fake her death especially on Ben who was very young and is now so messed up
    I was disappointed at Tuesday's episode when Phil implied Kathy chose to fake her death. I think he said something like "you always run away". I've since realised that he might not know the full truth of why she did it.

I'm prepared to accept an unrealistic excuse, but what I won't be able to forgive will be Kathy choosing to abandon her sons - especially since Ben ended up with Phil who she understandably hated at the time. Kathy must have had no other choice for it to be acceptable to me.

I must admit I'm enjoying the storyline otherwise, and am looking forward to her scenes with Ian and Ben. I just hope the reason for the faking of her death won't spoil it.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 19-08-2015 at 22:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I was disappointed at Tuesday's episode when Phil implied Kathy chose to fake her death. I think he said something like "you always run away". I've since realised that he might not know the full truth of why she did it.

I'm prepared to accept an unrealistic excuse, but what I won't be able to forgive will be Kathy choosing to abandon her sons - especially since Ben ended up with Phil who she understandably hated at the time. Kathy must have had no other choice for it to be acceptable to me.

I must admit I'm enjoying the storyline otherwise, and am looking forward to her scenes with Ian and Ben. I just hope the reason for the faking of her death won't spoil it.
    I'm interested in seeing her take on what Ben has become. Has Phil even told her what Ben has done (Killing Heather, mugging Lucy, assaulting that kid of Lucas's)?

Quote Originally Posted by xx_Dan_xx View Post
    I'm interested in seeing her take on what Ben has become. Has Phil even told her what Ben has done (Killing Heather, mugging Lucy, assaulting that kid of Lucas's)?
    Has Phil known all along she was alive or only recently?

So many unanswered questions and plot holes in her return so far

if she has no acting work on, then my guess is she will do a stint on EE in the hope she has some work, until of course it gets to much for her, then leaves "to pursue other avenues"

Quote Originally Posted by Kissinger View Post
    if she has no acting work on, then my guess is she will do a stint on EE in the hope she has some work, until of course it gets to much for her, then leaves "to pursue other avenues"
    Gillian has said in interviews that she's thrilled to be back and has wanted to return for years. Her career outside of EE has been OK but nothing spectacular, so I doubt she'll leave again of her own volition (unless she retires).

EastEnders legend Kathy Beale looks set to finally be arrested for her fake death scam.

Gillian Taylforth has been out on location today (August 24) for some dramatic scenes which see her iconic character in handcuffs.

The police are being led by none other than Phil Mitchell's long-time enemy DCI Marsden (Sophie Stanton), who'll surely have a lot to say when she discovers that Kathy is back from the dead.

Sophie Stanton and Gillian Taylforth film EastEnders on location
    © BBC / Jack Barnes

Cast and crew at EastEnders are filming the scenes in Notting Hill, where it's thought that Kathy has been living with her fearsome husband Gavin Sullivan.

The couple have been living under new identities after being 'killed' in a car accident in 2006, but could this be the moment that the deception comes crashing down for both of them? Or will it just be Kathy who feels the full force of the law?

Sophie Stanton and Gillian Taylforth film EastEnders on location
    © BBC / Jack Barnes

Exact details of the storyline won't be revealed until nearer the time of transmission in the autumn, but the arrest may not necessarily be bad news for Kathy.

Last week's episodes saw Kathy tell Phil (Steve McFadden) that she was prepared to face the consequences of faking her death if it meant she could return home to Albert Square in the long run.

Now in the hands of DCI Marsden, could Kathy have got her wish?

EastEnders continues tonight (August 24) at 8pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz3jkTRefJw
    Last edited by Perdita; 24-08-2015 at 17:14.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (24-08-2015), maidmarian (24-08-2015)

re spoilers above - looking forward to Paul
    Nicholas playing "fearsome"!

dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 24-08-2015 at 17:15.

Thread Information