Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Shannis Spoiler Thread - Mark II

I wouldn't leave you without one Alisha

i dont think ee are that stupid to try and repeat something but with different characters hopefully when shannis come back the ratings will start to go up like they are right now but they will go up even higher with the stuff to come i cant wait especically for next week let alone friday lol xx either way its looking good for ee

The ratings aren't going up at the moment, the ratings for all the soaps are about the same and they're lower than usual. This is because Summer is always a bad time for the soaps due to the hot nights and things. They usually pick up again come late August/early September.

i think the only reason to watch eastenders is because of them too. they make the sopa worth watching dont you think?

nigel harman is definatley a reason to watch ee, as i said earlier, he's lovely xx

joel_beckett_lover who is in you banner jake n chrissie n who am i blind its cool
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Magenta][CENTER]

I watch because it's the most realistic soap.

Shannis yey!!!!!!!!! We went way over 100 pages!!!
    We just nmeed to get postig on this thread now!!!
    They are meant
    Layne
    x x x

i do love shannis, but id love to see sharon and grant back together, if only for an affair'

ken and deidre had their other relationships and have stuck togther in the end, would shannis fans be willing for them to split up for a bit in return for high drama and a good storyline?

bondboffin

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin
    i do love shannis, but id love to see sharon and grant back together, if only for an affair'

ken and deidre had their other relationships and have stuck togther in the end, would shannis fans be willing for them to split up for a bit in return for high drama and a good storyline?
    Nope. I'm biased

I think they have to be realistic in terms of the characters. I know soaps thrive on sensationalism, but I believe that’s been part of Eastenders problem. They have already been a large amount of debate over old characters returning and whether this is a good thing or not. Storylines wise though I really don’t want repeats. I'm sure for old time viewers who loved the Grant and Sharon partnership would love for them to be together but I I'm not so optimistic about that. Firstly the Sharongate storyline was a phenomenon back in the 90's era. To get them back together now after the amazing couple they made back then, wouldn't it tarnish their one time great partnership? I'm all for high drama but storylines have to correspond to individual characteristics. This is what EastEnders failed on last year immensely and that’s why 2004 was one of their weakest years. If say Sharon would get back together with Grant I really do think it would be implausible, even it was an affair. I think they can just about get away with a one night stand but nothing more. The reality is that Sharon’s character just wouldn’t go back there. She came out of that relationship stronger and determined to move on. When she was with Phil and he gave her a hard time about the abortion she got really annoyed with Phil’s attitude towards her. He didn't physically attack her but he got aggressive and she made some comment about how Grant used to get like that in a foul mood and said 'I will not live in fear like that ever again.' Grant is part of her past, her future lies with Dennis now. I would find it implausable if she had an affair with him. What I've always liked about EastEnders is that they are a character-centred soap. To provide high drama, characterisation must be their top priority and the plots in questions must coincide with the traits of characters. If they fail to do this then it will be foreseen as unrealistic and contrived and reach the level of sensationalism, which what EastEnders isn’t about (well not most of the time). EE have done that before with storylines and messed up. I don't want Sharon and Dennis to be tarnished with that brush.
    Last edited by Alisha; 14-06-2005 at 17:08.

Thread Information