Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Thread: Hacking attempt

Quote Originally Posted by judejude
    I'd advise you to change your secret question on your hotmail accounts.
    I did that yesterday. I suddenly remember that i've broadcasted the answer to my question several times, and even if anyone didn't locate them, it wouldn't be hard. Its now something very random, and frankly very embarressing that i wouldn't ever tell anyone the real answer!

Seeing as i've changed it now, i guess it doesn't matter if i say what it was, just to make this whole post make sense. My question WAS "what is the name of your dog?". I know that i've said the answer to that several times on the petz thread. Anyway, now its changed, so thanks for reminding me!

Seriously, if you haven't done it already, change it now. Its so easy to ask a question like that in a forum, giving anyone access to your account. Make it random, or do what i do, and make the answer so embarressing that you would never tell anyone the true answer!

Quote Originally Posted by judejude
    Also adding to the above, I think the way she got into my Hotmail account was through the secret question, but the convo we had, which the answer was (sorry a bit cryptic) contained was months and months ago, and it was a really general question, (I had no idea she would be trying to tap into my account from the conversation we had. So for all I know she could have been accessing my e-mail for some time.

I'd advise you to change your secret question on your hotmail accounts.
    I cant emphise how important this is

Something like that is so easy to let slip. The same with things like your maiden name, chilrens names, home town, job title ETC. My password is also now really really really random. I flicked through the dictionary and changed it to the first word that i saw!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    My passwords are all about 10 digits long including numbers and letters and have absolutely nothing to do with me or my life - this is the best way, as anything usual ones like you say Abi are easily discovered. I'm just finding all of this very sad and theres only one person that will ever truly know why WQ did this and that is her....I don't think any problems that may have been had with any one person on this board can condone any actions that she took at the weekend, including the image posting - this is a family site with a lot of younger members. I feel for the people that were unlucky enough to receive the news that they had been banned from the site and were affected badly by this, I was luckily not one of them....but remember everyone, do not reveal your passwords to anyone and ensure that they are ones that would not be able to be guessed/worked out etc. Security passwords are in place for a reason.

I'll stop now!!

Have you noticed that on MSN when you change your password, it tells you how strong it is, and the likeliness that it will be hacked. Maybe something similar could be considered on here. Otherwise, just some hints and tips as to what you should and shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangliss
    Spicy, do you think she will get back to you?
    I have a doubt... but I will tell if there is anything to tell but no one seems to care so I wont bother telling.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I think everyone is still too upset about it all to be honest Spicy, once things have calmed down a bit, people may want to know - it does concern me what drove her to it though...

OK, its going off topic so I'm closing it.

Thread Information