Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody Said It Was Easy - Kalfie

This is getting really good! MORE MORE MORE!! (now please! lol!)

Hmmmm. I could post the next part but I dunno about it
    Thanks for the AMAZING banner Layneykins!

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!! (sorry that i took so long to reply i just had a shower lol!)

Oh going post the next part. Its all Alfie's fault! More please
    xxx
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

Ok, here's the next part. Hope you're still enjoying it

--

Nobody Said it Was Easy
    Alfie sat on the bench for a few moments before realising it was all so simple, he could go and see Kat now, there was something inside him that wouldn’t rest until he had seen her.

Flagging down a taxi he jumped in, as the hum of the engine rang in his head all he could think about was Kat.

As he walked through the corridors he remembered the room she had been in, turning a corner he bumped straight into a nurse. ‘Sorry, visiting time was some while back…’ she gestured him to leave.

‘But…I need to see her…’ the nurse shook her head and again pointed to the door, sighing Alfie started to walk away, once out of sight of the nurse he jumped into the toilets and watched as she walked past.

Creeping out he smiled and begin to walk back towards Kat’s room ‘I said the visiting hours were over!’ he jumped as he heard a voice behind him…

‘Please, you don’t understand, I’m leaving tomorrow and I need to see my wife before I go…’ the nurse could see the desperation in his eyes ‘I am very sorry but its policy…’

‘I don’t care if its policy, you don’t know what I’ve been through…I need to talk to her…’ the nurse frowned ‘who is she?’

‘Kathleen Moon…’ he saw how the nurse smiled ‘oh yes, she’s a lovely lady…I don’t think she would be up to talking though…she hasn’t been too well these past few days’

He grinned when the nurse commented on his wife but then he felt his heart sink as the sentence finished ‘is she going to be ok?’ he saw how the nurse looked around ‘I’m not sure Mr Moon…patient confidentiality I’m afraid…’

‘But she’s my wife…I need to know…I need to see her…just once…’ holding back the tears that were pricking at his eyes. After a few moments the nurse smiled before leading him to the room again.

‘As you can see…she’s not in her best condition, be gentle with her…’ he frowned slightly as the nurse was almost warning him ‘well…she said that you were her ex husband so I presume things didn’t end on a good note…’ seeing how his face dropped she opened the door for him and left him to it.

She had even told the nurses about him, feeling stupid and pathetic he looked over, the imagine immediately haunting him. His heart stopped, his mouth dried out and his legs started to shake. Kat lay there, all he could see was wires and hear the drone of the machines around her.

‘Kat…’ he couldn’t manage to say anything else, he turned quickly as the nurse started to walk away ‘can she hear me?’ the nurse stopped in her tracks and turned to face him.

‘I don’t know…she has been talking but as I said the last few days have been down hill and she hasn’t spoken for over 24 hours now…’ he nodded solemnly as the nurse walked away and out of sight.

Alfie crept into the room so he wouldn’t wake her, he didn’t even know if she could wake up. He sat down on the chair next to the bed, staring at his wife he smiled at how beautiful she was still.

‘Kat…its Alfie, I know if you were awake right now you’d probably hit me…so it’s a good job you’re asleep really’ he laughed to himself but it soon faded when he realised how strange it was not getting any reply what so ever.

‘I…I heard how it happened…its like that saying, you wait for a bus and then two come along at once…’ he started to laugh but he couldn’t do it anymore, his laughter soon turned into tears.

‘Kat please…you have to pull through, you can’t leave…not now…you’ve been through to much to let this…to let this…k...kill you’ he shook his head as he finished his sentence.

‘So how have you been lately?’ he sighed at his pathetic attempt, holding his head in his hands he knew it was all too hard for him. No one ever said it would be easy but then again no one had ever said it would be this hard.
    --

I'll post more as soon as I can but I can't now because my mum is making my tidy my room and it looks like a bomb went off in it so I will be a while!
    Last edited by Amber; 01-09-2005 at 11:41.

Amber- I had to tidy mine yesterday it was so messy. I had left clothes everywhere from my holiday and everything else I took with me to cornwall. Its clean now though!

Poor Alfie he does love Kat. Can't wait for more
    xxx
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

i really hope she does pull through- you can see alfie still loves her!

Nobody Said It Was Easy
    He sat there in silence for what seemed like eternity, taking a deep breath he looked around the room. ‘It’s not really your kind of room is it? Needs the Kat Slater touch…’ he stopped in mid sentence, why had he used Slater instead of Moon?

‘Don’t think I’ve missed much since I’ve been away…not much has changed…but I missed you…and Little Mo…’ he bit his lip before hanging his head in shame, how could he sit there and say that even if she was asleep.

He kept his head down, shaking it slowly and rubbing his forehead, why was he so confused inside? It was clear that he still had feelings for Kat but did he still feel anything for Little Mo and if so what was it?

‘I see you haven’t changed…’ for a moment Alfie stared at the floor before trying to figure out if that was actually Kat or whether he had imagined her voice. He slowly lifted his head and looked across at his wife. The voice had been so quiet, so morbid.

‘Kat…I…I didn’t think you could hear me…’ he gulped knowing that she had heard the last sentence, but had she heard anything else?

‘Well…I could…you were right…’ he could see she was finding it hard to speak ‘right about what?’ he almost whispered his words so he didn’t scare her.

‘That I would hit you…if I wasn’t in here…but why do you want me to pull through?’ she let out a throat wrenching cough, before moaning and shuffling in her bed. ‘Everyone wants you to pull through Kat…’ she rolled her eyes at his idiotic reply.

Letting out a little giggle Alfie frowned ‘what’s so funny?’ he leant forward on his chair ‘you…always went round the houses…never could say…what you really felt…’ letting out another cough she closed her eyes to try and sooth her throat.

‘Kat, I can’t believe you are still trying to pick a fight when you’re in this state…’ he shook his head at her ‘in this state…that you put me in’ he could see she was getting worked up which wasn’t a good idea.

‘Please, I know what happened, everyone’s told me how its my fault and I don’t really need you saying it either…what can I say? Sorry…but that doesn’t change anything does it?’ Kat shook her head before looking away.

There was more silence before Kat spoke again ‘so you missed Mo did you?’ although her voice was barely audible ‘yeah…but I missed you too…’ she could tell by the tone of his voice he found it hard to say, it was all a lie.

‘Don’t pretend Alfie…we’ve gone past that…’ taking a deep breath she continued ‘I didn’t miss you…it was nice to have some space…not seeing you with my sister…I wanted to kill you…or maybe it would have been…easier for all of us…if I had died…looks like I might…get my wish…’

Alfie stood up quickly as Kat faded away ‘how can you say that? Big Mo told me you’d said that…well she didn’t tell me…I over heard, but how can you say that to me, I’m your husband!’

‘Funny way of showing it…what do you mean, you over heard…were you here?’ he turned away from her and didn’t reply ‘turning your back on me…again…’ letting out another cough she watched as Alfie turned to face her again.

‘No…well I was here, but I didn’t come in the room, I just stood in the corridor but heard…heard Big Mo say you wished you’d have died when the bus hit you…because of what I did to you…so I left…’ he swallowed trying to get rid of his dry mouth.

‘Yeah…that’s true…why did you leave? Couldn’t handle…the truth…then again you always were…a liar’ he hated listening to Kat, it was as if she couldn’t speak, having difficulty breathing, this wasn’t the Kat he was used to although she still put up a good fight.

‘For once Kat cant you just shut up, I’m here because I care and wanted to see you…all you can do is have a go at me!’ she shouted at her, taken by surprise she felt her heart miss a beat.

‘What did you expect…opened arms embrace?’ she raised her eyebrows, once again shuffling in the bed. ‘Well, would have been a nice change instead of always arguing…’ she laughed manically ‘you started this Alfie…by sleeping with my sister…’ coughing again, this time it was deeper, stronger she reached for her oxygen mask

Nobody Said It Was Easy
    Ignoring her previous comment he walked over to the bed and pushed the mask towards her hand, for a moment she stared at him, seeing the care in his eyes. Taking it she placed it over her mouth, slowly, moaning as the pain shot through her arms and chest.

‘Did you…want something?’ Kat pulled the mask down while she spoke; placing it back over her mouth she waited for his response. ‘Do you want the nurse? She’s just down the corridor?’ she shook her head.

‘No…answer the question…I see you know where the nurse is…got to know her too have we?’ he shook his head ‘Kat you know I’m not like that, I wouldn’t just go with anyone, she let me in here!’

‘Oh I forgot…she isn’t family is she...Why did you do it Alfie? Why…do it to me?’ as she started to find it harder to breath she fought back the tears. She let the oxygen cleanse her evil thoughts, seeing Alfie with her sister still swirled around in her head.

‘I never meant to hurt you…’ he was too concerned seeing Kat’s situation to answer the questions she was throwing at him but she kept at him. ‘Why Alfie….you did hurt me…you destroyed me…you killed me…’ he saw the tears escaped her eyes, stepping forward to help she held her shaky hand up.

‘Keep away from me…you’ve done enough…’ she turned her head the other way, holding the mask firmly in place. ‘Kat, why can’t you just let me help you…’ she shook her head ‘you can’t help me…I didn’t even think I’d see you again…’

He knew the feeling; he didn’t think he would ever come back to Walford, not least to see Kat in hospital. ‘I take it, you’ve seen Mo…considering she’s out of this…hell hole…’ Alfie walked round the other side of the bed so he could see her face, tear stained and red with anger.

‘Yes…I saw her but Big Mo and Charlie made sure I didn’t speak to her for long…’ he noticed a smirk on Kat’s face ‘oh dear…not get your special few moments with her…’ although she loved winding him up the words she spoke ripped her heart in two.

‘No…I just wanted to make sure she was ok…I still care about her…like I care about you…’ he noticed how she looked up at him, a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

‘Well I’m fine…I don’t need you to worry…go and spend your time with Mo…’ as her voice faltered she put her mask back on ‘I’m going…I don’t have any more time…’ he bit his lip and waited for her response.

‘Like I said, you haven’t changed…running away again…then again you have nothing to stay for…apart from Mo…’ he repeated what she had said in his head, thinking she had said me and not Mo, smiling to himself he sat back on the chair.

‘I want you to go…now…and don’t come back…’ slightly confused by her outburst he leant forward. ‘No…I don’t want to…’

‘But there is nothing to say…not anymore Alfie…please…just go…leave me…alone, leave me…like you did before…leave me alone…forever!’ she raised her voice slightly but as she did she felt her chest tighten, clutching at the mask she held onto the side of the bed. Alfie watched in horror as Kat rolled around on the bed grabbing at her chest.

Snapping back to reality he rushed out the door and down the corridor ‘Nurse, quickly!!!’ hearing the desperation in his voice she rushed towards Kat’s room followed by more nurses and doctors.

‘Kathleen…its ok…’ they tried to calm her as she screamed in agony ‘what’s happening to her!?’ for the first time ever Alfie knew exactly what it was like to feel like he was losing someone he loved. It felt like a part of him was dying to, like his heart was being ripped out.

‘Mr Moon can you please keep back!’ the nurse pushed him towards the doors, he stood still and everything seemed to slow down, he watched as everyone hovered around Kat, like bees to a honey pot. People shouting things he didn’t understand until the all too familiar words rang out.

‘We’re losing her, come on!’ everyone seemed to go twice as fast now, they were losing her, what did that mean, that she was dying? Her last words to him rang in his head ‘leave me alone…forever!’

Nobody Said It Was Easy
    ‘Mr Moon please, can you leave the room!’ the nurse shouted to him, as he was pushed backwards through the door it slammed shut in front of him, he looked through the little window as more nurses pushed past him by the minute.

He could see Kat’s arm hanging over the side of the bed, why wasn’t she moving, they couldn’t let her die, not while he was there, not after that conversation they’d just had. He couldn’t look, it was killing him.

As one of the nurses walked out Alfie grabbed her ‘what’s happening, is she ok?’ he waited for a reply but saw the look in her eyes ‘we are doing all we can…please…’ moving past him Alfie stared down at the floor. He’d heard it all before in movies but now it was actually happening to him he didn’t know what to do.

Opening the door he crept in, standing at the side of the room watching, as if he was invisible. There was nothing he could do to help; in fact he had made things worse just like he told Nana he would.

He continued to stare at Kat as they placed the pads on her body, firing up the machine next to her they shouted various things out before Kat’s body was jolted in the air. ‘Still nothing…’ the doctor shook his head as the nurse fiddled with the machine.

Again he watched as Kat’s limp body shook violently, she was actually leaving him and there was absolutely nothing he could do. She wasn’t fighting anymore, she had nothing to fight for.

He didn’t realise but he wouldn’t be able to live without her, leaving Walford was different, he knew that if he came back she would be around, but this, this meant she would never be there again. He wanted her to stay even if it was just to argue, if he never held her in his arms again it wouldn’t matter, all he wanted was for her to survive.

‘Still nothing! Come on Kathleen don’t leave us now!’ the doctor shouted as the nurses blocked Alfie’s view completely. ‘No…Kat!’ he rushed forward but was stopped by one of the male nurses.

‘Please Mr Moon! You aren’t helping!’ the words haunted him, he never helped her all he did was make it worse. ‘Kat…’ he muttered her name quietly as he saw everyone gathered around her.

A strange sort of jealously took over his body that everyone was looking at her and she wasn’t dressed properly, even though they had to do this to save her life he didn’t like them staring at his wife.

As her body jumped once again a sigh of relief escaped the doctor’s mouth ‘ok, we’ve got a pulse!’ Alfie felt the tears of joy fall down his cheeks, she hadn’t left him yet and he was determined she wasn’t going to either.

As some of the nurses left Alfie waited until the doctors seemed to have made sure Kat would make it through the rest of the night. ‘Can I stay?’ his face still stained by his tears, a desperation in his voice.

‘Are you family?’ he nodded ‘I’m her husband…’ a little smile crossed his face as he looked over at Kat. ‘Considering your wife has been through so much then yes…but you do realise Mr Moon that Kathleen is in a serious way…she might not make it…’

Alfie felt his whole world crash around him; his feelings were so raw at the moment he didn’t know what he was doing. ‘What you mean…that’s not the worst of it…she could…she could die?’

‘Yes…you must prepare for the worst Mr Moon, we can only bring her back so many times, this is the second one…so far so lucky…but who know how many more her body can take…her injuries are worse than we first thought…’

--

More soon

Thread Information