Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody Said It Was Easy - Kalfie

Thanks for the replies. Hope you're enjoying this

--

Nobody Said It was Easy

‘What happened Mo? You better start talking now!’ Big Mo grabbed her arm and pulled her through the square back to the house. ‘I…we were talking…arguing…’ before she had even finished the sentence she knew exactly what it was all about. ‘You you’re telling me Kat is in hospital…fighting for her life because you were arguing over Alfie!?’

‘But…I crossed the road and I didn’t think she was going to follow me…I was rushing off cus I thought she was going to hit me…and I didn’t know what to do, she called my name and then I turned round and she said….she said…’ as her rambling ended she relived the moment in her mind over and over.

‘She said what? Spit it out girl!’ shaking she looked up ‘she said…I had to tell her that Alfie never loved me…but I didn’t…because he did love me Nan...and then the bus hit her…’ Big Mo felt her heart sink as she listened carefully to the story.

Without replying she rushed out the room, grabbing her coat and mobile ‘where are you going? Aren’t you going to say anything?’ she stared at Little Mo, a feeble excuse of a granddaughter. ‘I am going to ring your father and tell him his daughter is in hospital…I suggest you stay out of my way and don’t even think of coming to the hospital or they’ll need a spare bed for you!!’

As the door slammed shut Little Mo fell onto the chair behind her, none of it had sunk in yet. Her own sister might die and she hadn’t stopped it, shaking she got up and rushed out the house. She didn’t know where to go, there was no one to talk to anymore. Instead of walking towards the square she walked away from it, down the dark alley ways and places that no one would ever find her.

‘Kathleen Moon, can you tell me what ward she is in?’ Big Mo and Charlie stood at the reception desperately hoping there was no bad news. ‘Um…I’m afraid you won’t be able to see her at the moment…if you would like to wait for Dr Rogers he will fill you in’

‘Fill me in!! Look here, my granddaughter might be dead and you tell me to sit and wait for some poncy doctor!’ Charlie tried to calm Mo down as all eyes turned to them. ‘He will be here right away…’ the receptionist signalled them over to a tall man heading their way.

‘You’re here for Kathleen Moon…I suggest you come with me’ they could tell by the look on his face that it wasn’t good. Following him slowly Big Mo gripped onto Charlie’s hand. As they entered a small room the Doctor turned to face them ‘I’m not going to beat around the bush…Kathleen is very badly injured…she isn’t stable yet, when she came in she arrested but we did all we could to bring her back. At the moment she is being helped out by the machines, you must understand that she is in a critical situation…the next 48 hours will be crucial’

Big Mo sat there in complete shock ‘but…it was only a bus…’ the doctor shook his head ‘it was travelling at some speed…and you must see that it depends where it hits you, sadly Kathleen was dragged under the bus…’ he could see by the pain on their faces that he didn’t need to finish the sentence.

‘Can we see her?’ Charlie’s voice was almost silent ‘not at the moment I’m afraid…if you’d like to wait we’ll let you know as soon as you can…’ they both nodded as he walked them out of the room, hearing a beeping they both stared at him ‘sorry, I’ve got to go, another case has just been brought in…’ with that he rushed off.

‘I cant believe it Charlie, one of our girls…’ the tears fell rapidly as she held onto him, as their world was falling apart they looked to their right as the doctor came rushing back down the hall way ‘single stab wound…found in the park…’ picking up on a few words they watched as another bed was pushed down towards them.

As the bed came closer, their faces fell, it was Little Mo. ‘Oh god…Mo!’ the doctor looked up at them ‘you know her?’ they both nodded ‘that’s Kat’s sister!’ they shouted to him as the bed disappeared through double doors.

Not one but two of their girls, but why had she been in the park? Who would have stabbed her?
    Thanks for the AMAZING banner Layneykins!

Nobody Said It Was Easy
    ‘You are able to see Mo now…she’s been stabilised and everything seems fine…’ hours had gone by and Charlie rushed down the corridor to see her ‘what about Kat?’ Big Mo held back and looked up at the doctor. ‘You can see her now…but it will be worse than it looks…’ she nodded solemnly.

‘Mo…are you ok? What happened?’ Charlie sat beside her and gripped her hand ‘dad…I was walking…and someone attacked me…they wanted money but I didn’t have any…’ as she spoke she clutched her side, the pain on her face present.

‘I’m so glad you’re ok…I can’t believe two of you are in here!’ Little Mo looked away ‘I was walking…thinking about what Kat and I had argued about…and that she might die….’ Trying to hold back the tears Charlie comforted her ‘its ok darling…they said Kat arrested when they brought her in…’ Little Mo turned her head quickly ‘she’s ok though…she’s stable now…’

A small smile crossed her face, but she didn’t know that 48 hours were the difference between life and death for Kat. ‘We need to get you better too…is there anything I can get you?’ she shook her head, before closing her eyes.

Big Mo stood at the door for a few moments, unsure about what to do, she could see Kat, wires going in and out, machines at either side of her. Slowly the door creaked open ‘Kat…what have you done…’ her granddaughter was almost unrecognisable.

‘Kat…its Nan…’ she fell silent, it was impossible to talk to Kat and never get a reply, you usually had to try and get a word in edge ways, but now there was no reply at all, she could say anything she wanted and yet words failed her.

She looked up as the door opened ‘I see you decided to see Kat then…Mo ok?’ she muttered to Charlie ‘yeah…in pain but she’ll survive…’ he gulped hard as he saw Kat lying there helpless. 'I can’t believe all this is over Alfie; if I ever see him again…I’ll kill him!’ Big Mo raised her voice slightly.

‘He’ll never know about this…you’ll never see him again…’ Charlie muttered ‘we should never have let him do this to our girls…he’s ruined this whole family!’ wiping the tears away they both stared down at Kat.

‘Charlie…we cant stop everything…we didn’t know what Alfie would change like this, he promised to look after Kat and all he did was bring her more pain…’ Big Mo smiled slightly as she spotted her wedding ring still on her finger. ‘She loved him too much, that was her problem…’ she pointed to the ring.

‘Yeah, she loved him too much and he never loved her enough, not the way she should be loved…’ Charlie gripped her hand, it was cold and limp, just like her heart, there was nothing left anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘I can’t believe what happened to Kat…wonder if Alfie wants to know?’ Danny leant against the bar as he chatted to Jake ‘I think Alfie would be the last person the Slater’s would want to see…’ Danny nodded ‘yeah, suppose…here Nana, what do you want?’ she looked up confused ‘what’s happened to Kat darling?’ Danny glared at Jake ‘umm, well she’s in hospital…’ he didn’t know how to put the rest. ‘Oh no, is she ok?’ Jake smiled ‘we don’t know yet…she was hit by a bus Nana…’ she gasped before holding onto Danny.

‘I’ve just had a phone call from Charlie…Little Mo’s in hospital too; apparently she was mugged and stabbed…’ Chrissie updated their conversation ‘both of them…wonder who’s bed side Alfie would be at right now?’ Danny raised his eyebrows as Jake hit him around the head. ‘Danny…not now…’ Nana looked up at Jake ‘but he’s right…who would he sit with, he doesn’t even know about it…maybe I should contact him…’

‘But we don’t know where he is…’ Nana smiled ‘Oh I think I do…take me home…’ Danny and Jake finished off their drinks before helping Nana back to the house.

Nobody Said It Was Easy
    A week had gone by and Big Mo and Charlie had been in and out of hospital as much as possible, Charlie mostly stayed with Little Mo and Big Mo sat with Kat. She was awake now but she didn’t say much, she couldn’t remember much of the accident but sadly she could remember everything that had happened with Little Mo and Alfie.

‘Here we go, got you some magazines’ Big Mo grinned at Kat who just looked at her for a moment before turning away. She was trying to think of a way to get some conversation going but there was nothing to talk about anymore.

‘Kat, I know this might sound stupid but…I’m so glad you’re ok…we thought you were going to die…’ to her surprise she heard Kat’s voice for the first time in days; it was still quiet and morbid.

‘Shame really…I wish it had killed me…there’s nothing left to live for anymore…’ Big Mo was shocked at Kat’s new attitude to life, she had seemed ok when Alfie first left but this seemed to have changed her mind on things.

‘Don’t speak like that; you have everything to live for!’ wishing she had never said that Big Mo looked away awkwardly ‘oh really and what’s that? A daughter…no she went away and left me here….A husband? No he slept with my sister and then up and left too! So you tell me Nan, what do I have to live for?’

‘Me…your dad…’ Kat shook her head slowly as the tears pricked at her eyes ‘sometimes…that’s not enough to live for’ gulping hard she looked away, Big Mo knew it was time to leave her alone, getting up she walked out the door and watched from the window.

‘She ok?’ hearing Charlie’s voice made her jump ‘no…she wanted to die Charlie and that’s all because of Alfie and Little Mo…after everything she’s been through…she just wants to give up!’ as her voice faltered through the tears she turned away from Charlie and looked back through the window at Kat.

Feeling eyes watching her Big Mo turned to the right, catching a glimpse of feet as they sped round the corner, frowning she ignored her thoughts. ‘I think we should go…’ walking off Charlie followed her down the corridors.

Arriving back at the square Big Mo stood at the door, scanning the square she sighed, everything had changed so much since they had arrived there. Noticing someone standing outside the Moon’s house she did a double take, it couldn’t be him after all this time?

‘I’m sure Kat will be fine…’ as Charlie turned to talk to Big Mo he noticed her rushing across the square, frowning he followed her. As Big Mo got closer to the Moon’s house Charlie saw exactly who she saw standing at the door.

--

More soon.

Its brillliant please let it be Aflie at the door

this is really good i hope its alfie! carry on!

plz do more soon!..hope its Alfie
    Kat & Alfie ForEver!

This is fab, be interesting if its Alfie at the door. Can't wait for more and its nice to have you back. Hope you had a good holiday
    xxx
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

Thanks for the replies again
    I've written tons more parts (I posted this on another board first. It's on it's 25th page and the pages are longer on the other message board) and that's the reason why I'm posting them a couple at a time.

Nobody Said It Was Easy
    ‘What the hell are you doing here?!’ completely startled Alfie swung round and was face to face with Big Mo ‘you better not be staying or I’ll kill you!!’ she screamed at him before slapping him sharply around the face. Falling against the door he held his face ‘look I don’t blame you for doing that…but’ before he could get his words out the front door opened and Nana stood there.

‘Oh Alfie, you came back, I didn’t think you got my message!’ she smiled ‘you sent him a message, about what?’ Big Mo shouted ‘about Kat darling…and Little Mo…I thought he needed to know…’

‘Why does he deserve to know? He broke Kat’s heart, he left her for Little Mo and you think he needs to know that she was fighting for her life! I think you should get back on the train and go back to what ever rock you crawled under! Don’t you dare go near my girls ever again!’

‘But Alfie came back…that means he wanted to see they were ok, doesn’t it?’ Nana gestured towards him ‘yeah…’ he nodded slowly ‘I don’t care what he does or doesn’t do anymore, all I want you to do is stay away from that hospital! Mo will be out soon and you are definitely not welcome in our house, as for Kat…she wont be out for a while yet no thanks to you!’

She could see the concern on his face over Kat but she didn’t care if he was bothered, he never seemed to care back then so why should he now?

‘I just wanted to know they were ok…that’s all, I wont go to the hospital don’t worry but I don’t see how this has anything to do with me!’ Big Mo shook her head ‘who do you think you are coming back here, making sure your GIRLS are ok? Get over yourself Alfie…what do you think its got to do with you? They were arguing over you!’

His mouth dropped slightly before holding onto the wall ‘yeah, they were arguing about you…like they have done since you left and Kat was in the road…and…’ unable to say the rest she shook her head and leant against Charlie who continued ‘the bus hit her Alfie…then Little Mo was mugged and stabbed…you’ve ruined my family Alfie and I’ll never forgive you for that…’

He couldn’t believe what he was hearing; the words swirled around in his head, this was all because of him. It was like some sort of soap opera, being hit by a bus was a phrase everyone used to use but it had actually happened to Kat, his wife.

‘I hope you’re proud of yourself Alfie! Do you know what it was like to see Kat…lying in the middle of the road, with her own blood around her…not moving…not saying a word…I thought she was dead Alfie!! I bet you would have liked that, then you wouldn’t have to decide between them would you?’

He felt physically sick, just the images in his head of Kat…blood… ‘don’t you say that to me, just because I left doesn’t mean I wished she was dead! No matter what you might think about me…I still have feelings for Kat…I still care for her!’

‘She doesn’t need your care Alfie…she doesn’t need you!’ with that she moved away from Charlie and rushed off back to the house, Alfie went to say something but Charlie held his hand up and shook his head before going to find Big Mo.
    Last edited by Amber; 31-08-2005 at 21:08.

Nobody Said it Was Easy
    ‘So when are you going to the hospital Alfie?’ Nana patted his shoulder ‘you heard what Big Mo said, I can’t…it would make things worse…anyway Mo will be out soon, maybe I can see her that way…’

‘What about Kat darling?’ he saw the frown on her face ‘what about her? I left her Nana; you have to remember that…’

‘But Alfie, you loved her…I know how much you loved her, you can’t just stop loving someone like that…’ she was right; he knew he still had some feelings for her deep down but it wasn’t anything like they once were. He would have done anything for her; he would have died to save her.

‘They’ve changed though, people change all the time and that’s what happened with me and Kat, we had something really special and…well it doesn’t matter anymore, I didn’t come back here to think about what could have been, I just wanted to check they were ok, now I know…I can go again’

‘Don’t be so silly, I didn’t get you all the way back here just to talk to me and have a cup of tea then leave!’ slightly shocked by his Nana’s attitude he gulped his tea down.

‘I can’t go to the hospital…what would I say to Kat? I would just make things worse and if she is fighting for her life as Big Mo said then seeing me might make her give up!’ a smile crossed Nana’s face ‘no darling…seeing you would save her…’

Was she right? What if she really wanted to see him but he thought she didn’t. ‘No…she doesn’t want to see me…why would she? I broke her heart…I know she’d give up…I heard Big Mo…’

‘Heard her say what darling?’ looking across the room he shook his head ‘she said…that Kat wanted to die…’

‘I didn’t hear her say that darling, although she was shouting so I might have missed some bits…’ Alfie shook his head before standing up sharply.

‘Not outside, at the hospital! I already went…I was walking down the corridor when I heard Big Mo…and she said…that Kat wanted to die because of me…because of what I did to her…’ holding the tears back he looked round at his Nana ‘going to see her would finish her off…because I have nothing left to say to her…’

‘You don’t have to say anything to her Alfie, just being there…that would help…’ he shook his head before she could finish her sentence.

‘No Nana…it wouldn’t help, why don’t you understand….there was a time I’d die to save her…but now…I’d end up killing her!’ The truth broke his heart, once his love would have cured anything, now it would be the death of her

Nobody Said It Was Easy
    As the day went by Alfie tried to keep away from the Slater’s as much as possible, he was trying to find a reason to leave but Nana wouldn’t let him go. He had seen Little Mo walking around the square with Charlie but he hadn’t been able to talk to her yet, he wanted to and he was determine he would.

Leaving the Vic he walked quickly to catch up with Little Mo who had left just a few moments earlier. ‘Mo…’ she stopped immediately and turned around to see Alfie ‘Alfie…I didn’t know you were back…’

‘Yeah, I came back a few days ago, I heard what happened to you and Kat and I wanted to make sure you were ok…’ a smile crossed her face; he really did care about her.

‘I’m ok now…not too sure about Kat though, she…’ biting her lip she looked down at the floor remembering their argument as the bus hit her.

‘What’s the matter?’ he frowned as the tears started to fall down her cheeks ‘nothing…I shouldn’t be talking to you…not after what happened, its all our fault that Kat nearly died…’ as she turned to walk off Alfie ran in front of her.

‘Why is it our fault, she might have been hit by a bus even if we weren’t together!’ she shook her head rapidly ‘no you don’t get it do you! We were arguing about you…I told her that you loved me the way you loved her...she wouldn’t leave me alone, she was so angry…’

Alfie’s frown turned to sorrow as she continued ‘she wanted to me say…that you never loved me…she didn’t believe me…she said that you could never love anyone else the way you loved her…but that’s not true is it Alfie, cus you loved me!’

She waited for a reply but got nothing, he was too busy thinking about how their argument had panned out ‘she didn’t believe me Alfie…so I ran away, I ran across the road because I know deep down you love me…so I ran and she came after me but she didn’t look…and was screaming at me…telling me that you never loved me…and then…then it hit her!’

She took deep breathes as her breathing became erratic ‘it hit her…like she was a rag doll, the way he body crumpled to the ground…and the bus went over her, it ran her over like she was a bit of rubbish in the road…she just lay there…’

She couldn’t take it anymore, covering her mouth with her hand she pushed past Alfie and ran back home. He stood there completely motionless, how could he have let it all happen, he was trying to take in everything she had just said about loving her and Kat screaming when the bus hit her.

‘You best not have upset her!’ Big Mo paced over after watching the whole conversation ‘no…’ he muttered, his voice hardly recognisable.

‘What’s the matter? Feel ashamed? You should…you’re scum Alfie…did you enjoy that, hearing how she nearly died because of you!’ she watched as he shook his head, his eyes glistening and he tried to hold back the tears.

‘I told you to keep away from them…now you know what happened…stay away!’ pushing him out the way he heard the door slam on the Slater house. He stood there in the middle of the square all alone, with no one to talk to and no where to go, this was his own doing, the darkness surrounded him as he rubbed his head manically.

--

More soon

Thread Information