Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody Said It Was Easy - Kalfie

Nobody Said It Was Easy - Kalfie

Okay, I have been working on this for ages now but I dunno if it's any good.
    Here are the first few parts. Let me know what you think.

--

Nobody Said It Was Easy
    It had been months since Alfie had left the square, leaving not one but two broken hearts behind. Kat still refused to acknowledge Little Mo as her sister and the whole of the Slater family was in turmoil, Charlie siding with Little Mo and Big Mo backing up Kat.

The day he left was still so vivid in her mind that Kat found it hard to sleep at night, she would see his face directly in front of her but reaching out desperately for her husband, he would disappear. She knew it was time to face the truth, that they would never be together again and deep down she didn’t want to be Mrs Moon anymore. He had made his decision before he left, and he wanted Little Mo.

Every time she saw her sister Kat could feel her stomach twist violently, to think that she had taken away the only man she had ever truly loved. If she thought about it long enough she could still picture them, standing together, holding hands and giggling, just like he used to with her before their marriage crashed and burned.

Neither of them knew where Alfie was, he hadn’t let anyone know, not even his Nana. He just wanted to go and never come back; he had made such a mess of his life in Walford that all he could do was try and forget any of it ever happened. To wipe his memory of Kat, how he crashed her wedding, the times they sat together in bed and giggled over some stupid argument they had had the day before, how he would bring her breakfast in bed and she would sit there in his kimono and feed him toast, their wedding day when he had promised to love her til death…he had to forget it all, but that was easier said than done.

As for forgetting Little Mo, that was easier, there hadn’t been many memories with her, they hadn’t got married or even shared moments in bed just chatting. He had left his wedding ring back in Walford with Nana, it was better that he didn’t have any reminders, when he left he had taken nothing with him, not even a photo of him and his brother, there were too many bad memories. He had left Walford, and Walford had left him.

Kat had desperately wanted to move out of the Slater house but Big Mo wouldn’t let her, and Little Mo wasn’t allowed to leave either. They were hardly ever in the house at the same time, Kat would stay out most nights and stagger back in the early hours of the morning and Little Mo would leave before Kat was up. After everything they had been through together it was odd to think that they never wanted to speak again.

Big Mo would watch the comings and goings in the house; she couldn’t believe that one man had ruined a whole family, a family unit that they had worked so hard to preserve over the years. Big Mo sat there, sipping her drink, wondering what she could to make it all better, but the truth was there was no way of making this better. She had been trying ever since Alfie had left and nothing had worked, she knew that Kat would never ever forgive her sister for what she had done, there was no hope.

The Slater family had fallen, Zoe and Lynne had gone, now Little Mo and Kat were at war, shaking her head Big Mo wiped away her tears ‘Viv…I wish you were here…’ she knew that the girls would listen to their mother, but she wasn’t there anymore, there was no one that could help sort out their mangled wreck.
    Thanks for the AMAZING banner Layneykins!

Nobody Said It Was Easy
    ‘Thank you darling, have a nice day!’ Kat smiled as another satisfied customer walked away, she had kept Zoë’s stall going, it was the only thing that made her get up in the morning. Leaning against the rails she looked up at the Vic, a little smirk crossed her face as she thought of her wedding day, how there had been snow where she was standing at that moment in time. Everyone had been so happy that day, even her.

As Little Mo hovered past Kat’s face dropped as the reality hit home, she felt her stomach churn ‘roll up roll up…we’ve got some really CHEAP things on here today…’ Kat shouted across the square, Little Mo knew exactly what she meant by that but carried on walking. Kat watched as she entered the Minute Mart, looking around at the quiet market place she paced over to the shop.

‘Morning Patrick, got any change?’ upon hearing Kat’s voice, Little Mo froze, turning slowly she hung her head as she made her way to the counter. ‘Is it me, or is there a funny smell around here?’ Kat spat her words out at her sister standing next to her, Patrick sighed as he handed her the change ‘now ladies, we don’t want any trouble…’ Kat let out a snigger.

‘Trouble? Well she should have thought about that before sleeping with my husband!’ the whole square already knew what had happened between the three of them and were used to Kat shouting her mouth off about it. Little Mo kept her head down and continued to rummage around in her purse for some money.

‘What are you buying Mo? Something for a quiet night in cus lets face it that’s all you’re ever going to get anymore!’ still there was no reply, Kat could feel herself winding up inside, like a coiled spring ready to explode.

‘Are you deaf as well as stupid?!’ screaming at her sister Kat grabbed her purse from the clutch of Little Mo and threw it across the shop. ‘Kat…I only came in for some milk…please cant you just leave it for once?’ raising her eyebrows, Little Mo slowly looked up at Kat.

‘Leave it…like you should have left Alfie alone! I don’t think so Mo…you’re going to pay for this…forever!’ Little Mo cowered helplessly ‘he didn’t want me to leave him alone…it wasn’t all one sided Kat, what ever you might think!’ slightly taken back by her reply Kat held onto the counter, the tears pricking at her eyes.

‘You see that’s where you’re wrong! He loved me…not you! He could never love anyone the way he loved me…he was my man on the moon…and you took that away from me…you took my Alfie away….’she placed her hand over her mouth, stopping herself from saying anymore in public. Taking a deep breathe she glared a cold and sinister stare at her sister.

Storming out of the shop Kat leant against the wall outside, taking in as much air as possible. Meanwhile Little Mo gathered all the change she could see on the floor and placed it back inside her purse. ‘Sorry…’ she muttered to Patrick before grabbing her milk and trotting outside. She didn’t notice Kat standing outside the door and continued to walk through the market towards the station.

Kat’s eyes followed her every move, without a second thought she took up hot pursuit of Little Mo, how could she say that Alfie loved her, that was a lie. As they both turned the corner Kat grabbed her sisters shoulder and span her round, knocking her against the wall.

Nobody Said It Was Easy
    ‘You listen to me and listen good, Alfie never loved you…do you understand?’ for the first time ever Little Mo saw a side to her sister that actually scared her, her eyes were glazed over with a red glow, the fire in her soul almost seeping out. Instead of replying Little Mo tried to get away but Kat kept a firm grip on her arm, squeezing tighter and tighter.

‘Kat…let go you’re hurting me!’ ignoring her sisters whining Kat pushed her back against the wall ‘I said do you understand? He was my husband, he married me…he wanted me…’ it was almost as if she was convincing herself as well, the one thing she had noticed was that everything she said was in the past tense, none of it was now, he didn’t want her now…

‘Alfie made his own decision, you can’t control his feelings Kat…’ blocking out all the feelings inside Kat released her grip a little ‘yeah but he left you too didn’t he, you know why? Because he didn’t love you enough to stay!’ a smirk crossed her face knowing that Alfie could never love someone the way he had loved her, their chats when it was just the two of them, the things he had said to her, that was something no one could ever take away.

‘Yeah but he didn’t love you enough to stay either Kat, the way you go on…how Alfie loved you…he didn’t love either of us enough to stay, there was no difference in the love he had for us!’ Kat rolled her eyes before pulling away from her sister; she didn’t want to be anywhere near her.

‘What was it? Were you jealous from the start that Alfie wanted me? Billy not giving you enough?’ she raised her eyebrows waiting for a response but got nothing ‘what was all that rubbish at my wedding to Andy then? Trying to get Alfie to stop it…you shouldn’t have bothered, that way you could have had Alfie all to yourself!’

She saw how her sister gulped hard before shaking her head ‘no…it was different back then, I didn’t have any feelings for him…I didn’t love him, not then anyway…’ before she could finish the sentence Kat snapped back a her ‘Mo shut up!! Don’t you dare stand there and tell me you love my husband!’ Little Mo observed her sister suddenly switch into some possessed soul, desperately searching for her keeper, and she knew that she was the one who had destroyed her.

‘I don’t want to talk about it anymore…he’s gone Kat and there is nothing either of us can do!’ Kat shook her head ‘that’s your fault; he went because you told me about you and him! Why did you do it Mo? Why? Don’t you think I’ve been through enough? Or was it because you’ve been raped twice, wanted to make it level pegging between us…trying to destroy the only bit of happiness I had left….do you find it funny to hurt me? To see me like this…’

As the tears fell down her cheeks Little Mo shook her head again ‘Kat, I never meant to hurt you and I never wanted it to end like this…’ yet again Kat butted in before her sister could finish ‘don’t give me that crap, you knew how it would end the moment you…the moment you’ she stuttered on her words, feeling physically sick she pushed her words out ‘…the moment you went with Alfie…’

Little Mo stepped away now that she was free; she looked up at her sister, a broken woman. ‘No, I never thought it would end this way because I never knew how strong our feelings would get…this isn’t my entire fault Kat…’ with that she faded off and rushed across the road, suddenly Kat blinked, the words echoing in her mind, strong feelings…the anger bubbled inside of her as she noticed her sister had gone from in front of her.

Her head shot across the road, she saw Little Mo rushing along, without thinking about anything else Kat knew she wanted to sort this out once and for all, she needed to hear Little Mo say that Alfie never loved her…the knife twisted every time she thought about it.

Nobody Said It Was Easy
    As Kat stepped out into the road it was as if everything was in slow motion, she shouted her sisters name, trying to make her stop, at first there was no response so she shouted again, this time louder. As Little Mo stopped and turned to see her sister in the middle of the road she let out a sigh ‘tell me Alfie never loved you!’ desperation in her voice, her heart breaking as she screamed the words.

Before Little Mo said anything she heard a noise, unsure what it was she turned her head away from Kat. Her heart dropped as she saw a bus heading at speed towards Kat, what could she do to stop it?

Kat swivelled on her heels and followed her sisters stare, but it was too late, the bus driver slammed his foot on the brake as he sounded his horn. ‘KAT!’ She just stood there, unable to move as if she was glued to the spot, they say that your life flashes before your eyes before you die, Kat could see Harry, Zoe…Alfie…

Then as if someone had hit the fast forward button the bus smashed into her, the tyres screeching as the driver held down the brake and pulled up the handbrake. It was all too late, as he came to a holt Little Mo let go of the milk, it fell to the floor and burst open. Her mouth hung wide as she slowly stepped past the bus.

Her heart stopped, her breath caught in her throat, her legs wobbled and her feet turned to stone as she saw her sister lying in the middle of the road, her arms and legs sprawled out in random directions. ‘Oh god…no…’ she shook her head rapidly; all this had been because of Alfie, why hadn’t she just said that he never loved her?

‘Kat…’ Mo’s face was quiet and timid as the bus driver rushed over ‘Oh my god…oh no…please say she’s alive!’ he dialled 999, all Little Mo could hear was rambling by her ears, a crowd was gathering but she found herself being totally useless to the situation.

‘An ambulance is on the way…’ the man placed his arm around Little Mo as she started to shake, she just stared directly at Kat, someone who had been shouting and crying a few moments ago was now lying still. Hearing the familiar voice of Big Mo, Little Mo felt her body jump.

‘Oh god! Kat!’ Big Mo rushed over and knelt down next to her ‘Kat…please darling, talk to me…’ as she scanned the crowds her face dropped when she met Little Mo ‘what happened?’ she snarled at her.

‘I…she…’ biting her lip she hung her head ‘for god sakes Mo, tell me what happened!’ still there was no reply; she didn’t know where to start. ‘She was just in the middle of the road…I couldn’t stop the bus in time…I’m so sorry’ the driver covered his mouth with his hand as tears fell from Big Mo’s eyes.

‘Why was she in the middle of the road? Surely she would have seen you coming…’ shaking her head she looked back down at her granddaughter, blood was slowly seeping out, making a circle around her body. ‘Kat…please don’t leave us…Kat…’ as she muttered to Kat the ambulance screeched around the corner.

‘Please save her, don’t let her die!’ Big Mo clung to one of the paramedics as they came over ‘we’ll do the best we can…what’s her name?’ glaring at Little Mo she raised her voice ‘Kat…Kathleen Moon’ no matter what happened, she was still Alfie’s wife and that was something Little Mo could never compete with.

Everyone watched from a distance as they rolled Kat onto a stretcher, placing wires and equipment all over her, a mask over her face, a neck brace, strapping her down they rushed over to the ambulance. ‘I’m afraid no one can come in the ambulance, we’ll need all the room to keep Kathleen alive until we get her to hospital…’ as the words ran through Big Mo’s mind she watched as the ambulance sped off, keep her alive? Surely she wasn’t going to die was she?

--

More?
    Last edited by Amber; 21-08-2005 at 13:21.

Yes pleeease do some more soon it's making me it's brilliant!

That was really good!
    I bet it must have taken ages to write! I took me a while to read it and im a quick reader!!

That was brilliant!! You are a really good writer please do some more soon

please finish it- i want to know if kat dies!

its really good...you have to do more! i want to no what happens!
    Kat & Alfie ForEver!

Wow, that was really good, well done.

Thread Information