https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cas...-doughty-kyle/

Casualty has cast former Hollyoaks star Angus Castle-Doughty as part of Charlie Fairhead's exit storyline.

The actor, who played the role of Eric Foster in the Channel 4 soap, will take on the role of Kyle in the BBC series, with his debut airing this weekend.

In the scenes, troubled civilian Kyle enters the ED after being involved in a car pile-up, having caused a huge explosion following a crash into a gas bottle while trying to make a getaway.

When he's brought in, Stevie thinks she notices a knife on Kyle, though empties his pockets only to find chewing gum in a silver wrapper.

However, later on Charlie crosses paths with Kyle in the hallway after realising the patient has raided the pharmacy for drugs. After challenging Kyle, the character then stabs Charlie, leaving his life hanging in the balance.

The scenes will form the first part of Charlie's exit, which was announced last year as Derek Thompson bows out after 37 years on the soap.

"The time has come for me to hang up Charlie's scrubs after the most wonderful 37 years," the actor said at the time. "Charlie Fairhead was inspired by a real nurse ? Pete Salt.

"Together with the writers and producers, I have tried to bring to Charlie the compassion, kindness, heroism and sound judgement that we all see and love in Pete, and I want to say thanks to Pete and everyone else over that time who has inspired me in bringing this character to life."