Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent)

Coronation Street star Brooke Vincent has spoken about what to expect from her character Sophie Webster as she begins her first business venture on the soap.

Vincent's character Sophie Webster turned 21 on the show recently, and dad Kevin gave her a 21% share in his garage business as a present.

Speaking to ​This Morning​ about the present, the actress said: "When I knew I was going to have some of the business, because I don't have a going-to-work outfit [on the show]... I wanted Sophie, even though she works in a garage, to look like Carla Connor.

"So me and Alex from costume, we went shopping and I was so excited because I could buy a work wardrobe."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-11-2015)

Coronation Street fans can rest easy - Brooke Vincent looks set to be on the show for the foreseeable future.

It was announced last year that the actress, who plays Weatherfield's Sophie Webster, would be taking some time off to appear in a play.

Vincent will take on the role of 19-year-old mum Mary Adams in a production of Be My Baby at Manchester's Lowry Theatre.

Her theatre commitments mean that Vincent will be away from the show for an eight-week period, starting in September of this year.

However, it seems that her future with the ITV soap is safe, as she signed a new one-year deal back in February.

So Sophie should be on our screens for at least another year, with lots of action-packed storylines reportedly being lined up for the feisty character.

Digital Spy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-05-2016), Glen1 (20-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street fans can rest easy - Brooke Vincent looks set to be on the show for the foreseeable future.
    Great news...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (20-05-2016)

Brooke Vincent's three-month absence from Coronation Street will be explained away by having her character Sophie Webster leave for Miami.
    Upcoming episodes of the ITV soap will see Sophie get a call from her sister Rosie, who invites her to the US for a break.
    But dad Kevin (Michael Le Vell) will be loathe to see her go, what with shrewd Sophie having just secured a lucrative contract for the garage.
    Scenes to be broadcast on Friday 14 October find Kevin laying down the law and telling Sophie that there's no way he can spare her for three months. So will Sophie end up exiting in the face of her dad's opposition?

Actress Brooke Vincent has played the role of Sophie since 2004 but is set to make her stage debut tonight (4 October) in 1960s-set Be My Baby alongside Hi-de-Hi! star Ruth Madoc at Salford's Lowry Theatre.

Radio Times

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (04-10-2016)

Coronation Street star Brooke Vincent is celebrating after signing up for another year on the cobbles
    Corrie star Brooke Vincent is celebrating after signing up for another year on the cobbles, The Sun on Sunday can reveal.
    ITV bosses signed a fresh contract with the actress – the Street’s Sophie Webster – after she returned to the soap following a break.
    And sources said they want to develop her character’s relationship with on-screen sister Rosie Webster (Helen Flanagan).
    One said: “Brooke’s new contract is for another year, and begins in May.
    “On screen, she and Rosie will soon be seen joining forces to try and hunt down the troll who causes their mum Sally issues.
    “The producers love Brooke and they were happy to let her take time off. But now she is back, she is very committed to the show.”

Is going to be on Dancing On Ice next year

she is getting an older love interest, an old friend of sally

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    she is getting an older love interest, an old friend of sally
    Female??

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Female??
    yes lawyer female school friend of sally

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (05-06-2018)

So she has become a manager after no experience

Thread Information