Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharon and grant

Quote Originally Posted by angelblue
    Why are they splitting if i am correct i am thinking they leave together so if sharon does come back then i think their will be a reasonable explaination into why she back i dont think it will have anything to do with cheating on dennis
    I think they are supposed to be leaving the show at the same time, we know sharon will return, dennis will not.

I cant think of any other explanation for sharon returning without dennis other than those two splitting or dennis dying

i predict shannis will split with dennis leaving for spain or something and sharon fleeing to michelles in florida

Quote Originally Posted by pops110874
    I think they are supposed to be leaving the show at the same time, we know sharon will return, dennis will not.

I cant think of any other explanation for sharon returning without dennis other than those two splitting or dennis dying
    Thats what I thought, but I didnt think they would split up, and there meant to have a good exit planned so I think Dennis may die (not that I want him too of course!)

After all, whoever heard of a happy eastenders marriage? lol

i know shannis as a couple are quite popular but i have never really bought it.

Maybe on sharons part but i just dont believe the transformation in dennis.

You know, one minute hes the mean, moody, gansta killing womaniser and the next hes all loved up and picking out flowers for the wedding (or something like that) lol

I think it is to early speculate all i know is i hope we get an happy ending and that is no cheating please that is to predictable

I dont want dennis to die either but we are going to have to wait and see what happens
    angelblue

Quote Originally Posted by emma_strange
    Thats what I thought, but I didnt think they would split up, and there meant to have a good exit planned so I think Dennis may die (not that I want him too of course!)
    Yeh, i think that is also a realistic option....

But I dont want him to be killed off, i think he is a great character....

However it may be a bit much for sharon to take... i mean she wouldnt have had much luck, first her dad "dies", then her mum, then her fiance tom dies, then her dad comes back from the dead and is murdered and then to have her new hubbie die!! Is the woman cursed or summat!!! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by angelblue
    I think it is to early speculate all i know is i hope we get an happy ending and that is no cheating please that is to predictable

I dont want dennis to die either but we are going to have to wait and see what happens
    lol no such thing as a happy ending in eastenders!!

Quote Originally Posted by pops110874
    Out of character??! I know its been a few years but she did sleep with Grant's bruvver while they were married!! lol
    but that was over 10 years ago and Sharon was a different person back then and clearly in a different place. Now she has evolved and moved on. They were married once but that’s doesn't make it creditable for them to jump in the sac as soon as he returns. I don’t buy it. When Sharon returned in 2001 she told Phil that she had a phone call from Grant and he sounded sad. Sharon said she felt nothing but 'sympathy' for him. Also when Phil started laying into her about aborting Grant's baby, she said that she won't take any crap from him because she went through it with Grant. Since she has split from Grant, the majority of her comments on him and their marriage have been negative. It's clearly something that was in the past. They had a volatile marriage where Sharon was not happy. She has said as much. This is why when Dennis punched her accidentally she was petrified because it bought back all the memories with her and Grant. She fell for Dennis because he had that edge but was someone who could never hurt her. Sharon was the love of Grant life but he was never hers. Dennis clearly is as she has shown more for him than any of her previous partners. I have no reason to think why Sharon would jeopardise what she’s got with Dennis for a one night stand with an ex-husband who made her life a misery. It would only be feasible if she and Dennis had split or she did it as a way of grieving and Dennis blocking her out after Den’s death. However I rather if she didn't. If they were to split, I want it to be an outside influence that doesn't involve a third party. However if there had to be one, I'd chose Den as even from beyond the grave he has a way of coming in between them. Him splitting them up would be quite realistic.

I would say Dennis's transformation is realistic, especially how he has progressed as a character. When he arrived he was cold, distant and a womaniser. Life made him the way he was and because no one ever loved him, he put his barriers up and shut himself away from the world and expressed himself through violence and sex. However Dennis was always a character capable of love. It just had to come from someone who could break those walls and that was clearly Sharon. Unlike all his previous conquests he got to know Sharon before he slept with her. She offered him a place to live, a job, companionship and was a good friend to him. Most importantly she was the first woman who gave him love and not asked for anything in return. It was no surprise that he fell for her. Dennis is character of redemption. With Sharon, although he is not quite there, he is on his journey of redemption if that makes sense. Like he said to Jim Sharon is the first woman that got inside his heart. He is clearly in love with her when you love someone you become a better person. I can imagine that if he ever lost her or someone ever threatened his happiness, his bad boy traits would come storming back.
    Last edited by Alisha; 20-08-2005 at 20:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha
    but that was over 10 years ago and Sharon was a different person back then and clearly in a different place. Now she has evolved and moved on. They were married once but that’s doesn't make it creditable for them to jump in the sac as soon as he returns. I don’t buy it. When Sharon returned in 2001 she told Phil that she had a phone call from Grant and he sounded sad. Sharon said she felt nothing but 'sympathy' for him. Also when Phil started laying into her about aborting Grant's baby, she said that she won't take any crap from him because she went through it with Grant. Since she has split from Grant, the majority of her comments on him and their marriage have been negative. It's clearly something that was in the past. They had a volatile marriage where Sharon was not happy. She has said as much. This is why when Dennis punched her accidentally she was petrified because it bought back all the memories with her and Grant. She fell for Dennis because he had that edge but was someone who could never hurt her. Sharon was the love of Grant life but he was never hers. Dennis clearly is as she has shown more for him than any of her previous partners. I have no reason to think why Sharon would jeopardise what she’s got with Dennis for a one night stand with an ex-husband who made her life a misery. It would only be feasible if she and Dennis had split or she did it as a way of grieving and Dennis blocking her out after Den’s death. However I rather if she didn't. If they were to split, I want it to be an outside influence that doesn't involve a third party. However if there had to be one, I'd chose Den as even from beyond the grave he has a way of coming in between them. Him splitting them up would be quite realistic.

I would say Dennis's transformation is realistic, especially how he has progressed as a character. When he arrived he was cold, distant and a womaniser. Life made him the way he was and because no one ever loved him, he put his barriers up and shut himself away from the world and expressed himself through violence and sex. However Dennis was always a character capable of love. It just had to come from someone who could break those walls and that was clearly Sharon. Unlike all his previous conquests he got to know Sharon before he slept with her. She offered him a place to live, a job, companionship and was a good friend to him. Most importantly she was the first woman who gave him love and not asked for anything in return. It was no surprise that he fell for her. Dennis is character of redemption. With Sharon, although he is not quite there, he is on his journey of redemption if that makes sense. Like he said to Jim Sharon is the first woman that got inside his heart. He is clearly in love with her when you love someone you become a better person. I can imagine that if he ever lost her or someone ever threatened his happiness, his bad boy traits would come storming back.
    I agree, sharon has evolved as a character but then after all these years Grant will have also changed....and as you said it was very much a volatile, love hate relationship with Grant. I think all it would take for a fling would be sharon arguing with dennis and Grant providing a "shoulder to cry on" - the same way he had his wicked way with michelle!

I appreciate what you are saying about dennis, but there is still the question of whether they really love each other or its confused with a siblingy type love.....

and lets not forget the issue of den coming between them - once sharon finds out he is dead and knowing that he didnt approve of their relationship may be a stumbling block for them (plus if grant were to find out about that he could use it to manipulate her)

I appreciate what you are saying about dennis, but there is still the question of whether they really love each other or its confused with a siblingy type love.....

and lets not forget the issue of den coming between them - once sharon finds out he is dead and knowing that he didnt approve of their relationship may be a stumbling block for them (plus if grant were to find out about that he could use it to manipulate her)[/QUOTE]

I agree on your second point but not the first.

Den coming between them is something I can see happening.

As for the sibling thing, this is something Den manipulated Dennis into believing way back in April. Back then he had just smacked the woman he loved, had his awful childhood bought up and hit rock bottom. He was obviously very vulnerable at that point so when Den starting harping on about family and how he is 'confused' because he's never had love before, Dennis was willing to believe it. I think part of Dennis thought that what Den said had some truth in it because he never experienced love so how was he to know whether what he felt for Sharon was love for a partner or merely love for a sister.

However when he dumped her and started dating Zoe, he was still hung up on her and was clearly still in love. It was then that he realised that what he felt for Sharon ran much deeper than any passing phase or infatuation. He loved her point blank. He begged for her back several times but Sharon was too proud and hurt to take him back. I don't see it as any of them being confused anymore. If that was the case they would have been over long ago. Dennis even said to Sharon 'I can't love you like I love Vicki.' Months after he finished with her.

Thread Information