https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...er-guest-role/

Helen also starred with French and Saunders in their legendary sketch show and their short-lived '80s sitcom Girls on Top.

Aside from her work with French and Saunders, she memorably guest starred in Bottom and has previous soap experience from roles in Casualty and Doctors. She had a recurring role as the Gloved Hand Killer's victim Mariam in Hollyoaks as well.

Fans of reality TV may also recognise Helen from her stint in the Celebrity Big Brother house in 2017, in addition to guesting on quiz shows like Pointless Celebrities.

Coronation Street will feature Absolutely Fabulous star Helen Lederer in an upcoming episode.

Comedy legend Helen dropped a hint earlier today that she was on set with the ITV1 soap on her social media, sharing a picture outside of the Coronation Street studios in Manchester.

"Where am I what am I doing will I remember @itvcorrie," she quizzically wrote on Twitter/X.

According to The Sun, Helen has indeed been filming for Coronation Street, where she'll play a "never-before-seen character" who is set to appear on screen in April.

Digital Spy has learned that Helen will feature in one episode of the soap, so this will be a guest appearance rather than a recurring part in Coronation Street.

Helen is probably most famous for playing Patsy Stone's quirky co-worker Catriona in multiple episodes of the iconic BBC One sitcom Absolutely Fabulous.

She has a long history of working with Jennifer Saunders and Dawn French, as they all got their start at the Comedy Store in London in the 1980s.

Helen also starred with French and Saunders in their legendary sketch show and their short-lived '80s sitcom Girls on Top.

Aside from her work with French and Saunders, she memorably guest starred in Bottom and has previous soap experience from roles in Casualty and Doctors. She had a recurring role as the Gloved Hand Killer's victim Mariam in Hollyoaks as well.

Fans of reality TV may also recognise Helen from her stint in the Celebrity Big Brother house in 2017, in addition to guesting on quiz shows like Pointless Celebrities.