Thread: Valerie (Courtney Clarke)

Valerie (Courtney Clarke)

Former Hi-5 star & Paper Dolls actor, Courtney Clarke has joined Home and Away in a guest role as Valerie.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz8B4lJy...1b&img_index=1

Yahoo.com article:

Former Hi-5 and Paper Dolls star set to appear on Home and Away
    Little is known about her character, but without a doubt there'll be drama.

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/forme...015726820.html

Home and Away is about to get a familiar new face, with former Hi-5 star Courtney Clarke dropping by for a stint in Summer Bay. Courtney, who most recently starred in Paper Dolls, was announced as a new guest on the show's social media.

Teasing it with the eyes emoji and the casual use of "dropping by" it could be assumed Courtney's character won't be around for long, but knowing Home and Away, we're sure it'll be a dramatic visit.

Little is known about Courtney's character Valerie and why she's appearing in the Bay, apart from having a connection with Leah, played by Ada Nicodemou.

Most recently Leah has been residing in a mental health clinic after having a psychotic break after being kidnapped by a cult (yes, actually, poor Leah has really been through it... again). So could Courtney's character be someone Leah bonded with while she's recovering?

ans are excited to see what Courtney's visit to the Bay will be all about.

"I reckon she is a friend of Leah who she met in treatment," one person speculated. "She might be the doctor's sister cos she like the female doctor!" another person said.

"I bet she?s married to that doctor Mac likes," another person said.

"I might start watching again!! She was amazing in Paper Dolls," one fan commented.

Others want to see more of Courtney than just the acting side of things.

"Starting a petition to have @courtneyclarke__ sing the Home and Away theme song!" one person commented.

In 2018 Courtney announced she announced she was leaving Hi-5, saying: "I?ve had the time of my life, and I owe it all to you... Well guys, it?s a bit belated but here it is.. my little SEE YOU LATER post! As you all probably know by now, the Hi-5 journey for myself and the gang has come to an end."

She went on to say that the show 'absolutely changed her life' and thanked both the fans, her family and her bandmates.

"Anyway all I can say is whilst I?m sad to close this chapter, I am also so excited for what comes next, and for those of you who are going to keep following my ride, THANKYOU!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!! 1-2-3-4.... Hi-5!!!" she wrote.

Also 7news.com.au article:

Actress Courtney Clarke joins Channel 7?s Home and Away
    The Paper Dolls breakout star is set to make her arrival in the Bay.

https://7news.com.au/entertainment/h...ay--c-13225777

Former Hi-5 star Courtney Clarke is set to appear on Channel 7?s Home and Away.

The Aussie actress, who most recently starred in Paper Dolls, will be in Summer Bay in the coming weeks, but the show has remained tight-lipped about who her character will be.

Clarke has been working closely with actors Ada Nicodemou, James Stewart and Matt Evans, and has revealed how she was welcomed to the Home and Away set.

?I remember having no idea how the ship ran because it?s such a longstanding show, there are all sorts of things regarding how they shoot,? she tells 7NEWS.com.au of her first day.

?Ada was great, she was cracking jokes between every take and I remember thinking that she seemed so relaxed.?

Clarke later realised there was a reason for all the jokes, learning that it was Nicodemou?s thoughtful way of helping her relax on set.

It wasn?t until we got in the car to travel back from a shoot that I realised she was doing it all to make me feel comfortable.

?She?s incredibly intelligent, some of the things we were talking about I was thinking, ?how does this little, full-of-energy woman know all this super smart nerdy stuff???

Clarke was quick to pick up on the family-like banter between the actors, sharing some of their quirky jokes and rules.

?When we were filming in the studio in the Morgan household area, there was a lot of silly banter and those play fights about where people had hidden their snacks on set.?

Nicodemou and Stewart?s characters Leah and Justin are a couple on the show, and joked that no actors can leave their scripts or water bottle in their characters? bedroom on the set.

?You?ve got to respect it,? Clarke says of the rule.

?Ada, Justin and Matt are closer (than it appears on screen). It?s like being on set with a bunch of professional big kids ... that silly play that only actors get away with.

?It?s a really comfortable environment, and you could go and ask anyone in the machine how you could be working better.

?Some of the other actors who have been on the show forever were great.?

https://images.7news.com.au/publicat...y=sevennews_v2

Clarke also joins her good friend Juliet Godwin who plays Dr Bree Cameron on the soap.

Godwin shared the news of Clarke?s arrival on the show on her Instagram, writing :?Welcome to the bay gawgus (gorgeous) gal?.

Nicodemou said, ?Welcome to the bay beautiful girl?.

dailytelegraph.com.au article (subscription only):

"Paper Dolls actor Courtney Clarke joins cast of Home and Away
    From a girl band member to a gig at Summer Bay, it?s been a big few months for-up and-coming actor Courtney Clarke. And her new role demanded one heck of a change.

Don't miss out on the headlines from Confidential. Followed categories will be added to My News.

Follow
    From playing a member of a girl band to landing a gig at Summer Bay, it?s been a big few months for actor-on-the-rise Courtney Clarke.

After appearing as Jade Hart in the Paramount+ series Paper Doll, which launched in December, Clarke has now joined the cast of Home and Away.

Clarke plays Valerie, who has close ties to Ada Nicodemou?s character, Leah, and like all guest castings, she definitely causes a few waves.

?When I read the brief, I loved that Valerie was a dynamic character,? she said.

?And most importantly, for me, I like to play characters furthest from myself.?

It also meant that Clarke, who has blonde hair, would need to dye her hair for the role.

?For the past year I?d been saying to friends, I would love to change my hair to a Jessica Chastain red, but I was too scared to do it for myself,? Clarke said..

?Then, when I got the part of Valerie they asked if I would dye my hair either dark or a Jessica Chastain red. It felt like a good omen when I heard that,? she said.

Clarke said appearing on the Channel 7 soap, which has been running for 36 years, and playing opposite actors like Nicodemou, was like being at acting school.

?These actors are the cream of the crop in what they do. And when you start to get nervous, or I would second guess my choices, they would put me at ease,? she said.

?Then, when I got the part of Valerie they asked if I would dye my hair either dark or a Jessica Chastain red. It felt like a good omen when I heard that,? she said.

Clarke said appearing on the Channel 7 soap, which has been running for 36 years, and playing opposite actors like Nicodemou, was like being at acting school.

?These actors are the cream of the crop in what they do. And when you start to get nervous, or I would second guess my choices, they would put me at ease,? she said."

Who is the guest star appearing on Home and Away, Courtney Clarke?
    You've most likely seen her before.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...y-clarke-79958

Home and Away casts Paper Dolls star Courtney Clarke as mysterious new character
    Who will the newcomer be connected to?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...urtney-clarke/

Famous actress set to join the cast of long-running drama Home and Away

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Home-Away.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 31-01-2024 at 11:17.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (16-01-2024)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home and Away spoilers: Leah welcomes a friend to Summer Bay
    Surprise visitor.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...-valerie-79909

When no-one can understand what you're going through, who do you turn too? For Leah, it's a new friend from the mental health clinic, who arrives in town this week with needed advice ? and a secret.

In Home And Away, Leah (Ada Nicodemou) has struggled to get her life back on track since returning home from her time in rehabilitation.

Instead of living with her fianc?e Justin (James Stewart), she's staying with Marilyn (Emily Symons) and Alf (Ray Meagher), as she fears living with Justin would trigger a psychotic episode of the type that recently saw her pull a knife on him. But the separation could derail her relationship further.

"Leah is concerned, because she doesn't know how she even got to that breaking point, so it's a case of small steps," Ada, 46, tells TV WEEK.

While Justin tries to be patient with his partner, he feels she's slipping away and takes every opportunity to have a "chance" encounter. At the same time, Leah's nephew Theo (Matt Evans), caught in the middle, inadvertently becomes a confidante to both of them.

As a struggling Leah takes a walk to clear her head, her new friend Valerie (Courtney Clarke) ? who she'd become close to while in the clinic together ? arrives in the Bay.

Valerie is on a mission to help, having heard of Leah's turmoil and knowing she needs someone who understands her fragile state of mind.

"She was Leah's roommate and best friend in the clinic, so she really relies on her for support in a way others can't," Ada explains.

Valerie convinces Leah to take a chance and invite Justin out for dinner. The invitation gives Justin great hope and, that evening, he waits eagerly at the Diner. But will Leah show up?

Courtney, who recently appeared in Paper Dolls and Last King of The Cross, says newcomer Valerie will bring a new energy to the Bay.

"Valerie dresses in a very strong way and certainly isn't of the Summer Bay mentality," she hints. "I was quite intrigued by her and thought she would be a great challenge to play."

And:

Home and Away to introduce new character in Leah's storyline
    She is joined by a new friend in the Bay.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...eah-storyline/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 29-01-2024 at 20:08.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (29-01-2024)

Let's hope she stays on forever and Leah leaves...https://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/...lies/heart.gif

Everyone has a reason why they turn up unannounced.. I wonder why she has arrived? Surely it's not JUST to support her friend...

DS article:

Home and Away newcomer Courtney Clarke teases romance for Valerie
    "There's quite a strong polarity."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...lerie-romance/

Home and Away spoilers follow.

Home and Away newcomer Courtney Clarke has teased a romance for her character Valerie.

The newbie has already been introduced to Australian viewers, as she has struck up a friendship with Leah at the mental health clinic, something UK viewers will see on screen soon.

Former kids TV presenter Clarke has teased that it won't take long for Valerie to get romantically involved with another character, although she didn't reveal who that other character was.

"I think it's quite a beautiful one," she told Aussie publication Stuff. "There's quite a strong polarity is all that I would say about it. You'll have to watch to find out."

Speaking more generally, Clarke teased that Valerie will cause "a few unsuspecting waves in the community over some different issues," but made sure to state that "she doesn?t have any sort of negative intentions".

"I tried to play her in the most empathise-able way possible. The great thing about Home and Away is that you get an insight into a lot of the characters in a more private way, like the audience gets the full perspective.

"I thought if she's going to be causing drama with the other characters at least, hopefully, the audience will understand why."

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2qsMs5y...3-794b85903f81

There's a reason why Valerie is the way she is, as Clarke teased that her "past experience is something that I would consider to be incredibly rare".

Although she has been involved in music in her career before, Clarke explained that Valerie won't be joining Lyrik or performing, preferring to "leave all of the music side of things to the Home and Away professionals".

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5, with repeat screenings at 6pm on 5STAR and first look screenings at 6.30pm on 5STAR. Selected classic episodes are available via Prime Video in the UK.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7Plus.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (05-02-2024)

New H&A promo 'Who is Valerie? What's she hiding?':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IryVaZvQukA

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post
    New H&A promo 'Who is Valerie? What's she hiding?':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IryVaZvQukA
    another cult member, vita nova?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    another cult member, vita nova?
    Hopefully the door has already been closed on that storyline for good!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (09-02-2024)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home And Away spoilers: Theo falls into bad habits with Valerie
    Bitter pill.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...eo-drugs-80041

Since they met, Theo has been enamoured by Valerie. The newcomer is spirited, independent and wild - all the things he longs to be.

But what does he, or anyone, really know about her?

"Before the Bay, Valerie had spent 8 months in a mental health clinic after a car accident resulted in her brother's death," Courtney tells TV WEEK.

"She is pretty deep down a road of trauma and self-loathing when she meets Leah in the clinic. Valerie decides that the best thing for her to do, is be around her newfound friend? and so she heads to Summer Bay."

Gaining confidence from Valerie's candour, Theo reveals he's also struggling in his own way. He is failing his TAFE course and has lost his passion for music.

Valerie agrees to accompany him to a gig at Salt and offers him something to "help" ease his mind. Theo watches in disbelief as Valerie hands over a pill. He hesitates before eventually swallowing it.

That night at Salt, Theo rides the party drug with Valerie by his side.

He feels great and the pair share a passionate kiss. But ex-girlfriend Kirby (Angelina Thomson) clocks his strange behaviour and warns him to be careful.

"There's definitely an element of intrigue and mystery from [Kirby and others] especially when things start to get a little friendly with her and Theo," Courtney says.

The following morning, however, Theo wakes with a new lease on life. He wants more and wants Valerie to get it for him.

Will he make a horrible mistake?

And:

Home and Away lines up dark new storyline for Theo Poulos
    Is Theo heading down a dark path?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...yline-valerie/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 12-02-2024 at 20:45.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (12-02-2024)

Thread Information