Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neighbours Spoilers 29th January - 1st February 2024

paul will blame krista, hate her more, does she lose the baby?

DS article after today's episode in Aust:

Neighbours airs shocking cliffhanger ahead of tragic death twist
    The horror holiday begins.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...er-death-plot/

Neighbours spoilers follow from Wednesday's episode (January 31).

Neighbours has aired a huge cliffhanger for David Tanaka and Eden Shaw.

The pair's lives could be hanging in the balance after a dramatic cliff fall in the closing moments of Wednesday's episode.

Neighbours' latest edition focused on David, Leo Tanaka, Aaron Brennan, Nicolette Stone and Krista Sinclair as they headed off for a relaxing holiday in a remote location.

With two villains lurking, the trip soon took a disastrous turn. Alone in the holiday residence, Nicolette was horrified as vengeful Veronica McLain confronted her, still holding a grudge after her split from her husband, Sasha.

Nicolette desperately tried to dismiss Veronica's wild theories that she'd started a secret relationship with Sasha and invited him on the holiday, but she struggled to get through to her.

Meanwhile, Krista and Leo were interrupted by dangerous criminal Eden while on a romantic walk together.

Now out on bail, Eden warned Krista that he knew about her being pregnant with his child. He ominously threatened that he wouldn't let Leo become the baby's father figure.

When Leo stepped in to defend Krista, Eden lashed out, and a massive brawl followed.

As Eden went to violently attack Leo with a rock, David and Aaron witnessed the encounter from nearby and rushed over.

David was determined to protect his twin brother and jumped in to wrestle Eden out of the way. His bold intervention had shocking consequences as he and Eden fell from the top of a cliff.

There's plenty more drama to come, and Neighbours bosses have already confirmed that one show regular won't return from the holiday alive.

Could this be the end of David, or will it be another character who ultimately doesn't survive the week?

Neighbours releases new episodes from Mondays to Thursdays for free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. In Australia, the show airs from Mondays to Thursdays at 4pm on Channel 10, with a 6.30pm repeat screening on 10 Peach.

DS article:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2wo-dyB...0d&img_index=1

Neighbours star Takaya Honda responds to shock cliffhanger and shares behind-the-scenes secrets
    "What an episode!"

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...er-david-eden/

Neighbours spoilers follow from Wednesday?s episode (January 31).

Neighbours star Takaya Honda has reacted to the shock cliffhanger at the end of the latest episode.

In Wednesday?s instalment of the Australian soap, Honda?s character David Tanaka headed on holiday with his twin brother Leo, Aaron Brennan, Nicolette Stone and Krista Sinclair.

But the trip was disturbed by a number of villains, including criminal Eden Shaw, who interrupted Leo and Krista while on a romantic walk and warned Krista that he knew she was pregnant with his child.

Leo and Eden ended up fighting, and Eden picked up a rock to violently attack Leo with.

David, witnessing the danger Leo was in, jumped in to protect his brother and wrestled Eden out of the way.

But in a shocking twist, David?s actions sent both him and Eden over the edge of a cliff... with the fate of the two characters left hanging in the balance.

In an Instagram post, Honda shared his reaction to the (literal) cliffhanger episode alongside a carousel of photos and videos from the filming of the dramatic scenes.

The upload included some on location snaps and selfies, as well as footage of the actors rehearsing the intense fight scenes with crash mats.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2wo-dyB...0d&img_index=1

Wow what an episode!" Honda wrote. "What are your thoughts on what happens next??"

He added: "We were incredibly lucky to work with some of the best Stunties in Australia on this one, led by the brilliant Philli Anderson.

"As you can see it was a big setup and things like this are 10x more work than even what this behind-the-scenes shows."

Referring to his fellow actors Costa D'Angelo (Eden) and Tim Kano (Leo), he continued: "Costa, Tim and I had plenty of fun working on it and making it look as good as we could. We had to do the stunt a bunch of times to get the timing right and we always felt safe thanks to the wonderful crew.

"I can?t wait for everyone to see how things unfold tomorrow. It?s a special episode."

Neighbours releases new episodes from Mondays to Thursdays for free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. In Australia, the show airs from Mondays to Thursdays at 4pm on Channel 10, with a 6.30pm repeat screening on 10 Peach.

DAVID saves LEO from EDEN!! Was always going to die a hero? what happens at the bottom of the cliff??
    EDEN we know walks away, but DAVID - is he alive after that fall or does he die in hospital with PAUL by his side???????

PAUL is so going to blame KRISTA for DAVIDs death.

But who told EDEN that KRISTA was pregnant???? Ill be bummed if it was PAUL, so sick of him being the bad guy in all the SLs.

Tvtonight.com.au article:

"Warning: Don't read until you have seen Neighbours episode Thursday February 1."

Neighbours shock death: ?It felt like a true ending for the character.?
    Warning: Don't read until you have seen Neighbours episode Thursday February 1.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2024/02/nei...character.html

Warning: Don?t read until you have seen Neighbours episode Thursday February 1.

Fans of Neighbours have today witnessed one of tbe show?s favourite characters meet their demise.

Actor Takaya Honda has departed Ramsay Street after playing the character of David Tanaka since 2016.

Honda had initially contemplated departing the long-running soap, to explore new acting opportunities, as far back as 2021, and expressed those desires to producers well before the show?s highly-publicised ending in 2022.

But he was invited back for the latest chapter in 2023.

?They said to me, ?We know you don?t want to come back long term, but would you be interested in coming back just to help finish off the character of David?'? he tells TV Tonight.

?I was very keen for that because whilst I loved the ending of that first chapter of the show I?d always wanted and felt like David had deserved his own ending. I guess, it gives me a bit of closure too on the character so I was very keen to come back.

?Once I heard what the storyline was, I thought they?d done an amazing job of finishing off what is David?s arc as a character, from when he started to where he ends. From being the conservative, somewhat withdrawn, closeted man who lacked self confidence, to then dying a hero for his brother and atoning himself for what happened with Gareth (Jack Pearson).

?I thought it was so well tied in with what David?s been through, but who he is as a person that it felt like a true ending for the character.?

Jason Herbison, Neighbours Executive Producer said the love between David and husband Aaron (Matt Wilson) meant that death was the only way the character could feasibly depart.

?Takaya is a valued member of the Neighbours cast and a friend to many of us on the show. Even prior to our big ?finale?, Takaya had given us plenty of notice that he was planning to leave,? he told TV Tonight.

?In creating this new chapter, we felt it was crucial to see David, Aaron and Nicolette together as a modern family unit once more, before we formulated a story that would allow the others to stay if David left. In soap tradition, that meant a tragic death.?

In the soapie death scene, Eden (Costa D?Angelo) about to potentially kill brother Leo (Tim Kano) by smashing his head with the rock. Aaron and David have have heard the scuffle, run over to intervene with David tackling Eden off a cliff (a cliffhanger moment!).

As Honda explains, David later made a selfless gesture.

?Eden?s in a bad way and I?m trying to help him out. When Aaron and Leo come down, I convinced them to take Eden first because I know that he?ll die if he doesn?t get treatment,? he explains.

?When they return to get David, he?s passed away. So then we have to see Aaron and Leo carry him back up the cliff and take the body to the hospital. The episode atually ends with Aaron being given David?s phone with a voice memo that David?s left for him.

?When they first pitched the idea to me, I said ?You?ve got to let me film the phone call!? Even when the scripts came to me it wasn?t written that you could see David doing the call, but I pushed. The director was really keen on it so we ended up filming it which I?ll put on my Instagram, because the final scene on screen cuts between different things.?

For Honda, some scenes was very emotional given his own mother had passed away, having lived with Alzheimer?s disease, during the filming.

?I got a call from my dad. I had to fly up to Brisbane but she passed away while I was on the plane on the way there. So both mum?s death and David?s death are kind of like forever intertwined now. I was back on set two days later, being David?s dead body on a slab for three hours, just staying perfectly still,? he continues.

?It was a surreal experience.?

However his final scene was actually for an earlier episode in which he was acting alongside TV father, Stefan Dennis. That scene in Harold?s cafe required a ?fourth wall? which makes the set look more realistic.

?Once they completed the scene, they opened the fourth wall and the cast, crew and production staff poured in which was really sweet, because everyone knew the situation I was in. I think they would have done it anyway, but especially so because of the circumstances.?

Takaya Honda said he was looking forward to seeing the final result on air so he could watch the other cast acting over his body, something he couldn?t watch on the day.

?I?m so excited to see everybody around me. Obviously Matt and Tim do a lot of -literal- heavy lifting, but also Stefan and pretty much the whole cast, have quite a strong response to the character?s death,? he said.

Jason Herbison added, ?We are so proud of Takaya?s performance and especially the way he held himself on set at a time that was also difficult for him personally, with the very sad loss of his mother. Takaya and David are true Ramsay Street legends and we have loved every minute of his time on the show.?

EDIT Some more articles:

Neighbours star responds to shocking death in latest episode
    One regular character has bowed out.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...february-2024/

Neighbours kills off one of its most iconic characters ever in tragic death twist

https://metro.co.uk/2024/02/01/neigh...o=newsnow-feed

Neighbours script producer shares behind-the-scenes details from shock death episode
    "I'm devastated it's over."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...death-episode/

Neighbours boss pays tribute to star after heartbreaking death episode
    A fan-favourite character died in shocking scenes.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...death-episode/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 01-02-2024 at 20:41.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (01-02-2024)

Wow

Well I thought that was one of the best Neighbours episodes ever! The actors portrayal of the emotional impact was very moving.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toby2 For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (01-02-2024), kaz21 (01-02-2024), lizann (01-02-2024), Pantherboy (01-02-2024)

I agree so good.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (01-02-2024), Pantherboy (01-02-2024)

Yep it was a definite WOW for me too!

DAVID dying a hero and making the sacrifice to save EDEN and atone for what happened with GARETH was brilliant writing! If only all episodes were written this well. The acting was brilliant all round.

Definitely the best storyline of 2024 so far! I was pleasantly surprised at how well it was executed.

I think we are going to see a bit more . TANAKA hinted at more to come on his Insta page?. I hope he recorded something for LEO & ISLA too??
    Last edited by Bossy7; 01-02-2024 at 21:35.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bossy7 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (01-02-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Bossy7 View Post
    Yep it was a definite WOW for me too!

DAVID dying a hero and making the sacrifice to save EDEN and atone for what happened with GARETH was brilliant writing! If only all episodes were written this well. The acting was brilliant all round.

Definitely the best storyline of 2024 so far! I was pleasantly surprised at how well it was executed.

I think we are going to see a bit more . TANAKA hinted at more to come on his Insta page?. I hope he recorded something for LEO & ISLA too??
    Agreed & I even read someone suggest that maybe David will make a 'ghostly' appearance at his own funeral...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (04-02-2024)

paul and aaron killed it, had me in tears

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (04-02-2024), lellygurl (03-02-2024), Pantherboy (01-02-2024)

Thread Information