Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rita Sullivan Tanner (Barbara Knox)

seems far fetched to me - we will be having Brian Tilsley coming out of the shower next.......

The film could still be alright for being developed, it depends on where the film has been stored.

But as it has already been pointed out, Audrey had a fire when Tricky Dicky tried to do away with her.
    Last edited by Keating's babe; 26-08-2005 at 12:22.

rita- attack,drink,suicide?

Rita Sullivan spirals towards suicide after she is attacked in the shop.

Her ordeal leaves her mentally scarred and she turns to drink.

Rita - played by Barbara Knox - is so scared she spends a small fortune on security at the Kabin. But she becomes paranoid and friends are worried.

An insider said: "She turns to drink as a way of trying to forget.

"Her old friends rally round but Rita becomes more reclusive and begins to show suicidal tendencies.

"This will be dramatic TV."

New producer Steve Frost is thrilled with the scenes. And Barbara is pleased at being at the centre of such a dramatic plot. But despite Rita's threats, Barbara is definitely staying in the show.

"There is no intention of her leaving the show."

Viewers will see Rita attacked after she helps shelter Fred's ex-girlfriend Stacey Hilton from her new lover. Psycho Stuart (David Peart) locks Rita in the Kabin when she won't tell him where Stacey is.

Fred is beaten trying to save her. Stacey turns up and Stuart grabs her. But mechanic and ex-boxer Nathan saves the day.

It will be the latest setback for Rita, who in an eventful 34 years on the Street has buried two husbands and was almost killed by her conman lover Alan Bradley.

The insider said: "After her attack, she feels so vulnerable and loses the will to carry on."

about time that some of the more long-term actors where getting better storylines but i wish they were happy ones

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Oh My Gosh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chloe o'brien
    about time that some of the more long-term actors where getting better storylines but i wish they were happy ones
    yer same here i mean rita hasnt had a big stroylines in ages maybe years i think

Yes it sounds like a good storyline. They do seem to be doing a lot of things with the strong characters in the soap to make them look vulneralbe. Mike having the amnesia, and now Rita's ordeal. I think their characters get on alright in the soap, maybe they could help each other.

at least now she is going to have a decent storyline
    im back everyone!!!!!!

aww poor rita she has a tough time. one of my cousin lives next door to barbara Knox who plays rita.

Aw, poor Rita. I like her. I remember the whole Alan Bradley storyline, and she was brilliant, although the bit where he got knocked down by the tram was a bit of a comedy moment! I am sure she will do the storyline justice.

Thread Information